• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DENWA

May 5, 2008
    After 20 years my old 3-12x52mm Titan "died" sad though if I guess where the cross is i was shooting golf ball size holes at 100yds...

"lifetime warranty" went out in 2017 when the repair facility in Miami went out of business and Bushnell only bought the name TASCO in 2002.

Called a few places but no one will touch it because it at Tasco. I tried to explain its made in Japan with fully-multi-coated optics etc. but they can only hear TASCO.

Anyone here tinker with scopes?

Attachments

• IMG_2365.jpg
      IMG_2365.jpg
      33.9 KB · Views: 257

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    For the repair price, you could probably get an entry level scope from most of the major manufacturers. Quick Google Fu shows next to nothing for TASCO repair.

Q

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    A long shot, but worth trying if nothing else surfaces, is to contact SWFA. It is my understanding that the SWFA SuperSnipers are made by the company formerly called Tasco and they may be able to help you. You could call their CS line and ask.

I would agree with the other posters though, and just replace the scope. Optics have come a long way in 20 years and Tasco was never a top tier manufacturer. Yeah, yeah, it has good Japanese glass and all that stuff, but there are (other) reasons they sold so cheap. Volkswagons are made in the same country as Mercedes-Benz and we aren't calling the VW Bug "a fine example of German engineering and craftsmanship"...

DENWA

May 5, 2008
    Thanks ED! This definitely ain't about the money.

Hell I have many other scopes but this one is of course "special".

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    "As Coroner I must aver,
    I thoroughly examined her.
    And she's not only merely dead,
    she's really most sincerely dead."

The Wizard of Oz
    (But I hope you can get it resurrected :))

DENWA

May 5, 2008
    BTW-- this Titan cost $485 in 1998 and when available on ebay still go for that much today.

Nitrogen purged, 30mm tube with 52mm fully-Multi coated lens were not common features back then.

It has better glass than all the Leupolds and Bushnell Elite's I've owned/looked though and held up twice as long as those junkers.

It was on my Grandfathers custom 8x57mm which was his last deer harvested in 1999.

This was mounted on my uncle's 375 H&H which it took probably 500-600 rounds for an African Hunt in 2011 and again in 2014.

My niece and nephew both used this to take their first doe with a 243 over the last few years.

But most memorably for me was the 220 yd off hand/ left handed shot I made from under my cousin (asleep in his stand) on a nice buck he'd been watching/waiting for all year.

Its just been there for me through the years.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Yeah, no doubt it's special with all the moments above. Good luck finding parts and a shop.

Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom