Remington 12c
    Remington 542
    2 Febigers
    And a few more I think

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    Marlin 1894M

Since Mr. Fidelity has been on a 22WMR kick recently, thought I'd post a few quick picks of my Marlin 1894M. I bought this two years ago. Paid a fairly hefty price because it is NIB unfired with all of the documentation. I have a real hankering to shoot it. These didn't have a long manufacturing run. I have mine documented as manufactured in 1983. You don't find them in this condition very often.

1894M_1.jpg

1894M_2.jpg

1894M_3.jpg

1894M_4.jpg

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Beautiful rifle. Buy a second so you can keep this one unfired.

While it's great that Henry, Uberti, and Browning are continuing to produce 22 lever action rifles (with Henry being the only one to do 22 Mag?), hard to match look of old world craftsmanship that the older Marlins and Winchesters obviously carry.

This thread makes me want to hit the range ...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    Beautiful rifle. Buy a second so you can keep this one unfired.
    Thought about that. More so, I was told to at least buy another one for spare parts. Very hard to get parts for this rifle. It's some kind of hybrid between the Marlin 39A and the 1894. There is only one on GB right now and it looks to be in excellent shooter condition for $700.

My gunsmith did an action job on it and it is smooth as butter. Also said he has never seen anything like it.

I got this from another forum, but I really can't find a whole lot of detailed information about the actual design.

No longer made, there were about 12000 made. The action is the same size as the centerfire guns, so no weight advantage to a .22 rimfire there. NO PARTS AVAILABLE! Innards are quite different from any other Marlin made, few things interchange.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I know the receiver is powder coated but for the price point, this Henry works really good and I find it to be accurate and these basic sights are just fine. Had it out last week hitting 12" torso steel plate offhand at 100 yards
    43e8dbefa263144d2292f0b6730e609b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thought about that. More so, I was told to at least buy another one for spare parts. Very hard to get parts for this rifle. It's some kind of hybrid between the Marlin 39A and the 1894. There is only one on GB right now and it looks to be in excellent shooter condition for $700.

My gunsmith did an action job on it and it is smooth as butter. Also said he has never seen anything like it. ....

That's very interesting ... and puts into context how difficult it must have been to find the unfired specimen. Unless one plans on purely collecting, I think that's an appeal of sometimes buying a lightly used, out of production, limited availability gun in excellent condition (taking into account people fudge about "light" use, lol). No angst in putting lead through the barrel.

With GunBroker and other online auctions, we do have it better than folks a couple of decades back in that one can more immediately find the (out of production) objects of desire vs combing through regional gun shows. I bet this has also expanded the size of people's collections. Instead of one and done, we can get back ups. And I'll stop looking in the mirror ...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I know the receiver is powder coated but for the price point, this Henry works really good and I find it to be accurate and these basic sights are just fine. Had it out last week hitting 12" torso steel plate offhand at 100 yards

And they're an American company that has grown a previously shrinking lever action market. Nice gun, and hats off to Henry.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Since Mr. Fidelity has been on a 22WMR kick recently, thought I'd post a few quick picks of my Marlin 1894M. I bought this two years ago. Paid a fairly hefty price because it is NIB unfired with all of the documentation. I have a real hankering to shoot it. These didn't have a long manufacturing run. I have mine documented as manufactured in 1983. You don't find them in this condition very often.

1894M_1.jpg

1894M_2.jpg

1894M_3.jpg

1894M_4.jpg

Beautiful rifle!!!

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    That's very interesting ... and puts into context how difficult it must have been to find the unfired specimen. Unless one plans on purely collecting, I think that's an appeal of sometimes buying a lightly used, out of production, limited availability gun in excellent condition (taking into account people fudge about "light" use, lol). No angst in putting lead through the barrel.

With GunBroker and other online auctions, we do have it better than folks a couple of decades back in that one can more immediately find the (out of production) objects of desire vs combing through regional gun shows. I bet this has also expanded the size of people's collections. Instead of one and done, we can get back ups. And I'll stop looking in the mirror ...

I got almost everything I own from the internet. Years ago the local gun shops would be closed for a few days while they were off at gun shows filling up on inventory, and they always came back with some nice stuff. It doesn't work like that anymore since internet sales took off. It's nice that you can find rare items if you do a little leg work, but it sucks that the prices are often far beyond reasonable.

Last edited:

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County

I love all of my Henry’s. My golden boy is almost impossible to miss with on my 40 yard or so range at home. You have to try to miss.

Something tells me there is a pump action Henry .22 in my near future.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    I wouldn't mind a pump!
    I have an H001 that is a joy to shoot. I'm a sucker for Western guns. All I need is a sharps in 45/70 and a baby sharps in .22lr!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom