• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbuddy

Jun 20, 2008
    Calvert Co.
    I'm looking for info/thread/someone to discuss prep work before my wife and I go before the review board. I'd appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction.

Federal employees, OPM breach, and ... I'd be happy to discuss the rest discreetly. Denied due to lack of G&S (clearance level), informal review with 1SG Moriarty upheld initial finding.

Thanks for your time,
    --Ken

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    And, if no one has suggested this yet, 15 Aug (actually, every 1st & 3rd Tuesday) 100 Community Place in Crownsville, 6 PM. It is VERY worth while to attend one (or more!) of these meetings to get yourself educated as to how and how not to present your case. Public meeting under Maryland's Open Meetings Act, anybody can watch & learn.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I'm looking for info/thread/someone to discuss prep work before my wife and I go before the review board. I'd appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction.

Federal employees, OPM breach, and ... I'd be happy to discuss the rest discreetly. Denied due to lack of G&S (clearance level), informal review with 1SG Moriarty upheld initial finding.

Thanks for your time,
    --Ken

We help with that if you are an MSI member....

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    And, if no one has suggested this yet, 15 Aug (actually, every 1st & 3rd Tuesday) 100 Community Place in Crownsville, 6 PM. It is VERY worth while to attend one (or more!) of these meetings to get yourself educated as to how and how not to present your case. Public meeting under Maryland's Open Meetings Act, anybody can watch & learn.

+1 on the above - went to the last one and found it to be extremely informative. Also, +1 on joining MSI.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Listening to the replays is very helpful. Nothing beats being in the room and soaking up the subtlties and nuance that is only available in person. It's lile the difference between watching a game on tv vs. sitting in the stands (except that you can get fresh refreshment at home and possibly only get refreshed refreshments at the ballpark).

kbuddy

Jun 20, 2008
    Calvert Co.
    Thanks to everyone for the outreach, support, and information. I'll try to attend a meeting but with family commitments I think it's more likely I'll study the video/audio.

I am an MSI member and requested assistance via email.

I'm very appreciative of everyone, thank you.
    --Ken

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Thanks to everyone for the outreach, support, and information. I'll try to attend a meeting but with family commitments I think it's more likely I'll study the video/audio.

I am an MSI member and requested assistance via email.

I'm very appreciative of everyone, thank you.
    --Ken

Thanks for being a member and thanks for reaching out!

cool_t_1

Sep 14, 2016
    AA County MD

Thanks for your time,
    --Ken

If you have not mailed your request already be sure to mail it with signature on delivery required. Then call and followup to ensure they actually have it and are processing. Mine disappeared along they way.

kbuddy

Jun 20, 2008
    Calvert Co.
    I mailed the informal and board requests right after I received the first denial. Good info, I'll call and make sure it's not lost.
    I started watching DC-W's video of the board and I'm so not looking forward to this.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I mailed the informal and board requests right after I received the first denial. Good info, I'll call and make sure it's not lost.
    I started watching DC-W's video of the board and I'm so not looking forward to this.

One tip, after you get your whole packet via PIA request, start preparing questions to ask, and never ask a question that you don't know the answer to.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

One tip, after you get your whole packet, start preparing questions to ask, and never ask a question that you don't know the answer to, unless it contradicts their published sop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom