• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    DC honors the 2A because a court told them to, not because they actually believe it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same now or will be with any place that they get enough control of a state or juristicion's legislature and executive. If Obama had had a few more Dems in the Senate and House the first couple of years he would have done his worst. Its only the courts

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Would the Maryland CCW training qualify as the DC training if the instructor were on the list?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Would the Maryland CCW training qualify as the DC training if the instructor were on the list?

If you are "planning" to apply for your MD permit and then also apply to DC your 16 hr MD training should be accepted by DC. No need to seek out a DC qualified instructor except for the DC law portion.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Yes, that is the one I saw. Thanks though. If anyone can train near Annapolis, speak up.

I bet you could find a qualified instructor to travel to Annapolis or even Southern Maryland for a competitive price if you got 5 people together and bought him lunch.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I bet you could find a qualified instructor to travel to Annapolis or even Southern Maryland for a competitive price if you got 5 people together and bought him lunch.

I'm picking up what you are putting down.

All you Annapolitans and Shorebilly's, if you want your DC class, let me know by PM and we will see if we can put this together

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    MPDC is currently on permits submitted 10/11/2017.
    They're over 100 days for many.

Ismee

Jan 6, 2018
    So basically they just let them sit ~90 days before they start on them?

I'm not sure they just sit, when I went to inquire/complain, the officer took me into the hallway to explain, and then got the LT who had "my file". He had my app and a whole lot of other papers in "my file" (I'm squeeky clean, I promise) he needed a phone number, i gave him my training docs, he said looks like you're all set maybe a couple more weeks (I filed Oct 19th).

I asked him what takes 90 days? He explained that NICS is only a small part of the process, they do database checks of local arrest history, court records, mental health records check among others. I'm a resident, not sure if non-resident apps are different.

I wish on their web page, they would publish an explaination of the process and maybe a daily or weekly ticker indicating latest date completed. I think that might make their life a little easier.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I considered applying for a non-resident DC permit, but have decided against it based on their pistol registration requirement. I'm not knowledgeable about DC gun laws, but I understand only handguns on the Maryland or California approved handgun lists can be registered, and only registered handguns can be cc with the permit. Does DC limit how many handguns you can register and cc, if they are on the MD or CA lists?

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    I considered applying for a non-resident DC permit, but have decided against it based on their pistol registration requirement. I'm not knowledgeable about DC gun laws, but I understand only handguns on the Maryland or California approved handgun lists can be registered, and only registered handguns can be cc with the permit. Does DC limit how many handguns you can register and cc, if they are on the MD or CA lists?

You can register as many as you want for $13 a piece. They must be on any of the CA, MD, or MA rosters.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    I asked him what takes 90 days? He explained that NICS is only a small part of the process, they do database checks of local arrest history, court records, mental health records check among others. I'm a resident, not sure if non-resident apps are different.

So basically they are doing what the Federal Government would call a NACI (national agency check with inquiries). OPM regularly turns these around in a few weeks or less if you haven’t moved around between a lot of jurisdictions. Poor excuse.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    So basically they just let them sit ~90 days before they start on them?

My theory is they sat on everything for the 60 days they had where they could have still appealed to SCOTUS and then started working on them.... or at least that is the excuse they would use if called out.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I got my NV permit in 23 days and my AZ permit in about 3 weeks. NH was less than a month.

DC needs to staff the office to eliminate going beyond 90 days.

no more excuses.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Bottom line, though, they were not staffed nor equipted to process a 1000 caseload

I might buy this argument if they had been slowly churning out permits since October. They weren’t.

Only reason they have the “caseload” (backlog) they do, is because they purposely were sitting on applications for months for the explicit intent of further delaying applicants from their ability to excercise their civil rights.

As a SWAG; 90 days, 60 working days, 480 man hours. Even with only 2 officers working on applications, that is more than enough time for a full man hour to be dedicated to each application, and still clear close to 1,000 apps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom