Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 9th, 2019, 12:23 PM #1
President, MSI

President, MSI

Response to the Sun

The Sun is spewing more nonsense, this time about the Handgun Permit Review Board. See MSI's response

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/j...selor-s-corner
Old February 9th, 2019, 12:59 PM #2
i pi

i pi

4 hours of training plus fingerprinting gets me a carry permit I can use in 42 states (not MD). 75% of those states have a lower violent crime rate than Maryland, because Maryland crime rate is off the charts and has been for decades. Florida went shall issue in 1986 ish and violent crime is down 58%. In the DC metro area (DC is now shall issue, by the way), violent crime in 2017 was les than half the Baltimore metro area (https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...tables/table-6, 302 vs 782 per 100k).

Simple fact is: Maryland lets all the wrong people carry guns and stops all the right people from carrying to protect themselves from all the wrong people. Its absurd to think Defendant A drug dealer with felonies is getting even a restricted permit from HPRB.

Meanwhile, look at 911 response times in Baltimore. They are on "Grouping 3" "tactical alert" nearly every day, according the the Baltimore Sun, where "lower priority" calls are getting a very slow if any response. There is not even a car in some neighborhoods. Baltimore residents are their own first responders and I would bet 3 paychecks many otherwise law abiding residents are carrying regardless of anything Annapolis has to say about it. In fact, Baltimore Sun ran an article a while back after a Fells Point robbery/shooting basically acknowledging that fact. Permit requirements should be no stricter than HQL- fingerprints, and 4 hours of boredom.

I applaud your effort, but the fact is The Baltimore Sun is impervious to facts. They are an ideological rag.
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 01:04 PM #3
President, MSI

President, MSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by danb View Post
4 hours of training plus fingerprinting gets me a carry permit I can use in 42 states (not MD). 75% of those states have a lower violent crime rate than Maryland, because Maryland crime rate is off the charts and has been for decades. Florida went shall issue in 1986 ish and violent crime is down 58%. In the DC metro area (DC is now shall issue, by the way), violent crime in 2017 was les than half the Baltimore metro area (https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...tables/table-6, 302 vs 782 per 100k).

Simple fact is: Maryland lets all the wrong people carry guns and stops all the right people from carrying to protect themselves from all the wrong people. Its absurd to think Defendant A drug dealer with felonies is getting even a restricted permit from HPRB.

Meanwhile, look at 911 response times in Baltimore. They are on "Grouping 3" "tactical alert" nearly every day, according the the Baltimore Sun, where "lower priority" calls are getting a very slow if any response. There is not even a car in some neighborhoods. Baltimore residents are their own first responders and I would bet 3 paychecks many otherwise law abiding residents are carrying regardless of anything Annapolis has to say about it. In fact, Baltimore Sun ran an article a while back after a Fells Point robbery/shooting basically acknowledging that fact. Permit requirements should be no stricter than HQL- fingerprints, and 4 hours of boredom.

I applaud your effort, but the fact is The Baltimore Sun is impervious to facts. They are an ideological rag.
I don't expect them to print it. They look too foolish. But we can publish it and get it out and maybe someone will read it and laugh at the Sun. Ridicule can be quite effective.
Old February 9th, 2019, 02:11 PM #4
Crank in the Third Row

Crank in the Third Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqappellate View Post
The Sun is spewing more nonsense, this time about the Handgun Permit Review Board. See MSI's response

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/j...selor-s-corner
Tweeted. Thank you for doing this, Mark.

Anyone want to drop it on BookFace, etc.?

Dark to Light; sheep no more. WWG1WGA WWNC
#MorePatriotsThanHandcuffs
BeoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 03:36 PM #5
TV Personality

TV Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeoBill View Post
Tweeted. Thank you for doing this, Mark.

Anyone want to drop it on BookFace, etc.?

Been done, several places.
Old February 10th, 2019, 07:19 PM #6
Crank in the Third Row

Crank in the Third Row

Our favorite draft dodging AG, Chester the Molester, has taken up the noble cause of doing away with the dreaded HPRB on his Twitter page. Voila:
Quote:
This handgun board is routinely overturning State Police decisions and allowing people to carry handguns in violation of state law. @SenBillFerg is holding them to account.

https://twitter.com/BrianFrosh/statu...01426062532608
Maybe our tweeters could stop by and enlighten him somewhat...

Dark to Light; sheep no more. WWG1WGA WWNC
#MorePatriotsThanHandcuffs
BeoBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues