Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 9th, 2019, 02:43 PM #11
Crank in the Third Row

Crank in the Third Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
I am posting this here since Maryland shall issue has seen fit to silence me and several of my friends on Facebook simply because they refused to have mature discourse with people who do not see eye-to-eye with their policies concerning Maryland gun control laws. Your post yesterday claimed that we should take a page from Doctor Martin Luther King Jr's play book and the more proactive and smarter about how we handle the Maryland general assembly and there headfirst dive into total gun control. I'd like to point out specifically the area where you say Revolution and violence are not necessary. While I agree with the premise the entire reason that the second amendment was written and put into our constitution was because the founding fathers knew that if a tyrannical government took over the country or in this case a state violence might be necessary. There's no other reason to keep and bear arms other than knowing that there is a potential for using them. Your policy would definitely eventually create violence. Just like in other states where Democrats have pushed a very strong anti-gun agenda Maryland gun owners are not going to roll over and simply hand over their firearms to the state. And eventually the legislature and the governor whether that be the current governor or some governor in the future are going to demand that firearms that have been banned by unconstitutional infringement be turned over or law enforcement would take action. That's when the violence begins. Nobody wants to drop the hammer on a police officer however once the police begin violating people's constitutional rights they cease becoming law enforcement officers and should then be branded enemy combatants and therefore if they kick in your front door demanding to take your Firearms you have every right to return fire and therein lies the violence. Maryland 2nd Amendment Community has been protesting in Annapolis for over 30 years writing letters sending emails making phone calls with absolutely zero positive results. And it's not just here. A few weeks back there was an armed protest at City Hall in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. The district attorney has told the mayor that it would be criminally illegal for the city council to pass the Draconian gun-control laws that they are proposing and yet they did it anyway. They have no fear of us. And once again the same thing will happen with the protest in Annapolis they will be ignored by the left and even laughed at. I don't care if you took 50,000 people to Annapolis it's not going to change their minds. While I don't believe that we are at the point for Revolution and violence yet, posting that Revolution and violence aren't the answer is a Fool's game. Eventually if things don't change rather quickly it's going to come to that whether it's gun owners and second amendment Advocates taking to the streets and forcefully removing these politicians who violate our rights or police officers kicking in doors demanding that we turn over our guns. I'm not saying you're wrong I am saying you shouldn't be posting that violence and Revolution isn't the answer all that is is fuel for the left-wing fire. I hate to break it to you but there may come a day when Revolution and violence is the answer. And just a reminder. .Dr. Martin Luther King Jr died a violent death at the hands of a left wing extremist. .
Did it ever occur to you that your post may have been deleted by Facebook censorship algorithms and not MSI? I'm told it's automatic for certain words. Just sayin'...

Dark to Light; sheep no more. WWG1WGA WWNC
#MorePatriotsThanHandcuffs
BeoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 02:48 PM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeoBill View Post
Did it ever occur to you that your post may have been deleted by Facebook censorship algorithms and not MSI? I'm told it's automatic for certain words. Just sayin'...
No..MSI removed my ability to post on their FB page over a year ago because whoever is their mouthpiece didn't like what I had to say about their lack of "in your face" activism. It's not that a post was removed, it's that I'm not allowed to post on their page..I have at least 3 friends that have also been silenced by them. They don't want to hear anything that is counter to their own agenda and policies..and although they have that "right" it makes them look petty and narcissistic. .

The 2nd Amendment is the ultimate check and balance.
Muleskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 03:10 PM #13
Recovering Lurker

Recovering Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
Their goal is total power over the entire population.
This is true, even if many of the liberals/progressives really are dumb/brainwashed enough to not realize that's a necessary part of the things they claim to value. The "Green New Deal" is the most fantastically stark, dramatic manifestation of that we've ever seen. It's a wonderful talking point to perhaps educate a few moderate people, but only a few.

Quote:
They know that their agenda of total control cannot be completed as long as there are enough armed citizens to stop them.
Here's where you're wrong. I know this. I live amongst and painfully interact with the sort of people in question on a regular basis. They are NOT thinking, at all, that there are armed citizens in between them and the utopian society they visualize. They are aware that there is a small percentage of the state's population that are bitterly clinging to their guns, blah blah blah, but THEY DON'T CARE. Not about the guns, per se. They have no notion that somehow that duck hunter out in Easton or the guy who has a pistol under the counter in his liquor store in Westminster are going to violently start shooting liberal politicians down in the street. They find the idea of a fistful of OFWGs shaking their fists at them to be the OPPOSITE of scary or an obstruction - they find it to be helpful to their movement. Because they've already won and completely control the lawmaking process in the state, and having a fading generation of bitter clingers complaining about it is exactly what they need to prove to themselves they're on the side of the angels.

Truly. You have to believe me on this. THEY ARE NOT AFRAID of some guys with guns stopping what they believe is the simple, normal, appropriate evolution of society and government towards what they value. It doesn't even occur to them that the sheriff or the county cops or state police or the FBI or god forbid the national guard couldn't overwhelmingly deal with what they believe would be a bunch of delusional cranks holed up a barn somewhere. Really, this is how they think. It doesn't matter if they're right or wrong, or if you could muster thousands of people to go sling lead in the street to show them they're wrong. The point is that this is how they see things, and it informs how and why they're going about their legislative agenda with that veto-proof majority they hold.

They don't see 40+ other states with shall-issue carry laws as being an example of how Maryland should be. This doesn't occur to them. They see those 40+ states as clueless children that need the noble progressives in MD, CA, NY & NJ to show them the way.

All of the talk of violent revolt against these people PLAYS DIRECTLY INTO THEIR HANDS. To them (and to the vast majority of the media) it proves them right about everything they say. Only a SCOTUS smackdown, hard and unambiguous, will force them to confront their counter-constitutional instincts. Which is, alas, where we need to put our resources. Testimony against these bills is philosophically vital. Voting for rational people is essential. But in Maryland, neither will do ANYTHING to change the hearts and minds of the large super majority we're up against in this state. Opposition from our side, soaked in violent rhetoric and promises to use the guns the liberals hate against them - that will only attract even more Bloomberg bucks to make them more comfortable in their assumption of righteousness. Talking about litigation gives them something to think about. Talking about killing them gives them something crow about, because it's exactly what they want, as it makes their case better than they could themselves.
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 03:20 PM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam View Post

All of the talk of violent revolt against these people PLAYS DIRECTLY INTO THEIR HANDS. To them (and to the vast majority of the media) it proves them right about everything they say. Only a SCOTUS smackdown, hard and unambiguous, will force them to confront their counter-constitutional instincts. Which is, alas, where we need to put our resources. Testimony against these bills is philosophically vital. Voting for rational people is essential. But in Maryland, neither will do ANYTHING to change the hearts and minds of the large super majority we're up against in this state. Opposition from our side, soaked in violent rhetoric and promises to use the guns the liberals hate against them - that will only attract even more Bloomberg bucks to make them more comfortable in their assumption of righteousness. Talking about litigation gives them something to think about. Talking about killing them gives them something crow about, because it's exactly what they want, as it makes their case better than they could themselves.
100% agree. Funding court challenges is the way ahead.
Allen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 03:33 PM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam View Post
This is true, even if many of the liberals/progressives really are dumb/brainwashed enough to not realize that's a necessary part of the things they claim to value. The "Green New Deal" is the most fantastically stark, dramatic manifestation of that we've ever seen. It's a wonderful talking point to perhaps educate a few moderate people, but only a few.

Here's where you're wrong. I know this. I live amongst and painfully interact with the sort of people in question on a regular basis. They are NOT thinking, at all, that there are armed citizens in between them and the utopian society they visualize. They are aware that there is a small percentage of the state's population that are bitterly clinging to their guns, blah blah blah, but THEY DON'T CARE. Not about the guns, per se. They have no notion that somehow that duck hunter out in Easton or the guy who has a pistol under the counter in his liquor store in Westminster are going to violently start shooting liberal politicians down in the street. They find the idea of a fistful of OFWGs shaking their fists at them to be the OPPOSITE of scary or an obstruction - they find it to be helpful to their movement. Because they've already won and completely control the lawmaking process in the state, and having a fading generation of bitter clingers complaining about it is exactly what they need to prove to themselves they're on the side of the angels.

Truly. You have to believe me on this. THEY ARE NOT AFRAID of some guys with guns stopping what they believe is the simple, normal, appropriate evolution of society and government towards what they value. It doesn't even occur to them that the sheriff or the county cops or state police or the FBI or god forbid the national guard couldn't overwhelmingly deal with what they believe would be a bunch of delusional cranks holed up a barn somewhere. Really, this is how they think. It doesn't matter if they're right or wrong, or if you could muster thousands of people to go sling lead in the street to show them they're wrong. The point is that this is how they see things, and it informs how and why they're going about their legislative agenda with that veto-proof majority they hold.

They don't see 40+ other states with shall-issue carry laws as being an example of how Maryland should be. This doesn't occur to them. They see those 40+ states as clueless children that need the noble progressives in MD, CA, NY & NJ to show them the way.

Sadly, this is the case. I have spent the better part of 40+ years working in their houses. Interacting on a daily basis with them. Listening to them talk. Other than the occasional mass shooting or what have you, they don't view us as a common threat. Guns are what some unenlightened people own. Sometimes, those gun owners get careless and let one of their guns fall into the wrong hands, where sometimes evil soon occurs. That's the motivation to get rid of guns. I am speaking of the run-of-the-mill elitist useful idiot liberal.
outrider58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 04:06 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by danb View Post
If we took 50,000 people to Annapolis it would 100% change peoples minds because that would be one of the biggest demonstrations in history.

"revolution" by a few hundred OFWG will only land you in jail or dead, not change anything except for the worse
4,000 in 2013 was the biggest demonstration the MD GA has ever seen. Did you notice what they passed anyway?

Individuals and small groups acting on their own initiative with no outside communication can cause changes. Reprisals and collateral damage can be expected.

There are a limited number of actors in the repression field. If they start to disappear, others may get the message.

See James Rawles's article, "The Mathematics of Countering Tyranny".
https://survivalblog.com/mathematics...ering-tyranny/

It may come to this. It depends on whether rich Progressives are willing to permit others to live as they wish, or if they choose to make their belief system mandatory. And of course on whether there will be anyone left who values personal liberty over all else. Possibly a dying breed, except in places like Afghanistan and Switzerland.

"Forget it, Jake, it's C̶h̶i̶n̶a̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ Maryland."

Originally Posted by Deep Lurker:
Quote:
Disclaimer: “No criminals will be harmed in the passage of these gun control bills.”
Bob A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 04:29 PM #17
Summer Solstice

Summer Solstice

My bet is they don't want any talk of "aggression's" associated with MSI on their platform page . We are all flustered beyond any normal situation , and it shows here and out in public with the divisions from fellow Americans .

I am not sure what the solution is , but going at each other is not healthy and we will lose more ground . Has anyone that has grievance thought about attending or setting up a meeting with the folks in question and getting on the same page . Often times we all lose sight and want to lash out in public .

I hate the liberals for most or all they do politically but they sure stay unified for the most part .
welder516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 04:34 PM #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by danb View Post
If we took 50,000 people to Annapolis it would 100% change peoples minds because that would be one of the biggest demonstrations in history.

I don't do the book of facepalm, so I do not know the thread. Id have to say if MSI deleted some post about revolution, I 100% agree. The solution is to educate people and get them to the voting booth. Do the hard work. If we cannot do that, "revolution" by a few hundred OFWG will only land you in jail or dead, not change anything except for the worse
50,000 demonstrators in Annapolis would have the politicians crapping in their pants.

Without a written agreement between you and I, there is no attorney/client relationship. Do NOT rely on what is posted by me or others on this chatboard as sound legal advice. Hire an attorney of your choosing, pay for the advice/research, and rely on that. I discuss topics of interest on this board, I do not provide legal advice for you to rely on.
fabsroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 04:38 PM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabsroman View Post
50,000 demonstrators in Annapolis would have the politicians crapping in their pants.
They wouldn't even bat an eye. I was there in 2013, they were laughing at us.
Decoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 04:40 PM #20
Summer Solstice

Summer Solstice

Wish we as citizens could put in escrow all our tax money's until we get the attention of our local politicians . File a class action suit .
welder516 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues