Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2019, 11:25 AM #1
Muleskinner's Avatar
Muleskinner Muleskinner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: East of the Mississippi West of the Atlantic..
Posts: 1,768
Muleskinner Muleskinner is offline
Senior Member
Muleskinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: East of the Mississippi West of the Atlantic..
Posts: 1,768
In response to MSI and your Facebook post from last night

I am posting this here since Maryland shall issue has seen fit to silence me and several of my friends on Facebook simply because they refused to have mature discourse with people who do not see eye-to-eye with their policies concerning Maryland gun control laws. Your post yesterday claimed that we should take a page from Doctor Martin Luther King Jr's play book and the more proactive and smarter about how we handle the Maryland general assembly and there headfirst dive into total gun control. I'd like to point out specifically the area where you say Revolution and violence are not necessary. While I agree with the premise the entire reason that the second amendment was written and put into our constitution was because the founding fathers knew that if a tyrannical government took over the country or in this case a state violence might be necessary. There's no other reason to keep and bear arms other than knowing that there is a potential for using them. Your policy would definitely eventually create violence. Just like in other states where Democrats have pushed a very strong anti-gun agenda Maryland gun owners are not going to roll over and simply hand over their firearms to the state. And eventually the legislature and the governor whether that be the current governor or some governor in the future are going to demand that firearms that have been banned by unconstitutional infringement be turned over or law enforcement would take action. That's when the violence begins. Nobody wants to drop the hammer on a police officer however once the police begin violating people's constitutional rights they cease becoming law enforcement officers and should then be branded enemy combatants and therefore if they kick in your front door demanding to take your Firearms you have every right to return fire and therein lies the violence. Maryland 2nd Amendment Community has been protesting in Annapolis for over 30 years writing letters sending emails making phone calls with absolutely zero positive results. And it's not just here. A few weeks back there was an armed protest at City Hall in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. The district attorney has told the mayor that it would be criminally illegal for the city council to pass the Draconian gun-control laws that they are proposing and yet they did it anyway. They have no fear of us. And once again the same thing will happen with the protest in Annapolis they will be ignored by the left and even laughed at. I don't care if you took 50,000 people to Annapolis it's not going to change their minds. While I don't believe that we are at the point for Revolution and violence yet, posting that Revolution and violence aren't the answer is a Fool's game. Eventually if things don't change rather quickly it's going to come to that whether it's gun owners and second amendment Advocates taking to the streets and forcefully removing these politicians who violate our rights or police officers kicking in doors demanding that we turn over our guns. I'm not saying you're wrong I am saying you shouldn't be posting that violence and Revolution isn't the answer all that is is fuel for the left-wing fire. I hate to break it to you but there may come a day when Revolution and violence is the answer. And just a reminder. .Dr. Martin Luther King Jr died a violent death at the hands of a left wing extremist. .
__________________
http://markwfarrar.com/pictures/GOA%20Life%20Member.jpg
Muleskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 11:35 AM #2
Odarlin1's Avatar
Odarlin1 Odarlin1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: The Kings providence of Maryland
Posts: 412
Odarlin1 Odarlin1 is offline
Member
Odarlin1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: The Kings providence of Maryland
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
I am posting this here since Maryland shall issue has seen fit to silence me and several of my friends on Facebook simply because they refused to have mature discourse with people who do not see eye-to-eye with their policies concerning Maryland gun control laws. Your post yesterday claimed that we should take a page from Doctor Martin Luther King Jr's play book and the more proactive and smarter about how we handle the Maryland general assembly and there headfirst dive into total gun control. I'd like to point out specifically the area where you say Revolution and violence are not necessary. While I agree with the premise the entire reason that the second amendment was written and put into our constitution was because the founding fathers knew that if a tyrannical government took over the country or in this case a state violence might be necessary. There's no other reason to keep and bear arms other than knowing that there is a potential for using them. Your policy would definitely eventually create violence. Just like in other states where Democrats have pushed a very strong anti-gun agenda Maryland gun owners are not going to roll over and simply hand over their firearms to the state. And eventually the legislature and the governor whether that be the current governor or some governor in the future are going to demand that firearms that have been banned by unconstitutional infringement be turned over or law enforcement would take action. That's when the violence begins. Nobody wants to drop the hammer on a police officer however once the police begin violating people's constitutional rights they cease becoming law enforcement officers and should then be branded enemy combatants and therefore if they kick in your front door demanding to take your Firearms you have every right to return fire and therein lies the violence. Maryland 2nd Amendment Community has been protesting in Annapolis for over 30 years writing letters sending emails making phone calls with absolutely zero positive results. And it's not just here. A few weeks back there was an armed protest at City Hall in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. The district attorney has told the mayor that it would be criminally illegal for the city council to pass the Draconian gun-control laws that they are proposing and yet they did it anyway. They have no fear of us. And once again the same thing will happen with the protest in Annapolis they will be ignored by the left and even laughed at. I don't care if you took 50,000 people to Annapolis it's not going to change their minds. While I don't believe that we are at the point for Revolution and violence yet, posting that Revolution and violence aren't the answer is a Fool's game. Eventually if things don't change rather quickly it's going to come to that whether it's gun owners and second amendment Advocates taking to the streets and forcefully removing these politicians who violate our rights or police officers kicking in doors demanding that we turn over our guns. I'm not saying you're wrong I am saying you shouldn't be posting that violence and Revolution isn't the answer all that is is fuel for the left-wing fire. I hate to break it to you but there may come a day when Revolution and violence is the answer. And just a reminder. .Dr. Martin Luther King Jr died a violent death at the hands of a left wing extremist. .
BRAVO! 100 percent agree
Remember this. THE 2A was written with foresight because our Forefathers knew Goverment is tyrannical. And for years we have complied. Taken it to the ballot box, and the courts. Where has that gotten us. #thunderclap
Odarlin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 11:50 AM #3
danb's Avatar
danb danb is offline
i pi
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Howard County
Posts: 16,943
danb danb is offline
i pi
danb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Howard County
Posts: 16,943
If we took 50,000 people to Annapolis it would 100% change peoples minds because that would be one of the biggest demonstrations in history.

I don't do the book of facepalm, so I do not know the thread. Id have to say if MSI deleted some post about revolution, I 100% agree. The solution is to educate people and get them to the voting booth. Do the hard work. If we cannot do that, "revolution" by a few hundred OFWG will only land you in jail or dead, not change anything except for the worse
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 12:35 PM #4
Bertfish's Avatar
Bertfish Bertfish is online now
Throw bread on me
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Darlington, MD
Posts: 5,492
Bertfish Bertfish is online now
Throw bread on me
Bertfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Darlington, MD
Posts: 5,492
All steps should be taken to reasonably avoid armed revolt. Rarely do revolutions end up with completely positive results. Many times you end up with extremists in power. Just look at the Middle East revolts of the last few decades.

That being the case if all else fails I hope folks have kept their powder dry and ready for such an instance.
__________________
National Rifle Association Life Member
MD Designated Collector
03FFL Mailed 2/20/14, Charged 2/24/14, Arrived 4/2/14

"Trust, but verify" - Ronald Reagan

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms" - Aristotle

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
Do not wear blindfolds when a man a putting his anus on your wiener.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADR View Post
I prefer a small house on a lot of land. Keep your family close and everyone else far away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RepublicOfFranklin View Post
Socialism and individual liberty cannot exist in the same space.
Bertfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 12:36 PM #5
28Shooter's Avatar
28Shooter 28Shooter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 4,640
28Shooter 28Shooter is offline
Senior Member
28Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 4,640
I'm 60 years old, was born and raised here, lived here my entire life, have been active politically and voted in every election since I was 18 years old, and all I have seen is a steady and constant erosion of our gun rights here in Maryland. We do have a Republican governor, big deal, what has he done for our community - Nothing - oh, wait, bump stocks and "red-flags". Until Marylanders start electing true conservatives to lead them, nothing will change, and to be quite honest about it, I don't ever see that happening. Tell me I'm wrong, 60 years of accrued life experience proves otherwise.
28Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 12:40 PM #6
SCV/SAR Patriot's Avatar
SCV/SAR Patriot SCV/SAR Patriot is online now
UNRECONSTRUCTED
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Peoples Republic of RINO Carroll County
Posts: 1,143
SCV/SAR Patriot SCV/SAR Patriot is online now
UNRECONSTRUCTED
SCV/SAR Patriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Peoples Republic of RINO Carroll County
Posts: 1,143
Maryland government in general, the general assembly and the governor is like the class bully. We indeed do need to think out of the box.
SCV/SAR Patriot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 01:37 PM #7
CrazySanMan's Avatar
CrazySanMan CrazySanMan is offline
2013'er
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorful Colorado
Posts: 9,481
CrazySanMan CrazySanMan is offline
2013'er
CrazySanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorful Colorado
Posts: 9,481
We have filled the state house to the point that the fire marshall said there were too many people in the building. We testified until the early morning. It made no difference. But a handful of MDAs get what they want, even with a "republican" governor.



MSI needs to realize that nice and polite simply will not cut it. It's time to stop acting like little girls playing tea party and begin acting like the men our founding fathers expected us to be.
__________________
My YouTube Channel: Chicken River Offroad
CrazySanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 01:43 PM #8
SCV/SAR Patriot's Avatar
SCV/SAR Patriot SCV/SAR Patriot is online now
UNRECONSTRUCTED
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Peoples Republic of RINO Carroll County
Posts: 1,143
SCV/SAR Patriot SCV/SAR Patriot is online now
UNRECONSTRUCTED
SCV/SAR Patriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Peoples Republic of RINO Carroll County
Posts: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySanMan View Post
We have filled the state house to the point that the fire marshall said there were too many people in the building. We testified until the early morning. It made no difference. But a handful of MDAs get what they want, even with a "republican" governor.



MSI needs to realize that nice and polite simply will not cut it. It's time to stop acting like little girls playing tea party and begin acting like the men our founding fathers expected us to be.
Captain Cheesesteak sure does have a big ole grin on his face.
SCV/SAR Patriot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 01:46 PM #9
Muleskinner's Avatar
Muleskinner Muleskinner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: East of the Mississippi West of the Atlantic..
Posts: 1,768
Muleskinner Muleskinner is offline
Senior Member
Muleskinner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: East of the Mississippi West of the Atlantic..
Posts: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by danb View Post
If we took 50,000 people to Annapolis it would 100% change peoples minds because that would be one of the biggest demonstrations in history.

I don't do the book of facepalm, so I do not know the thread. Id have to say if MSI deleted some post about revolution, I 100% agree. The solution is to educate people and get them to the voting booth. Do the hard work. If we cannot do that, "revolution" by a few hundred OFWG will only land you in jail or dead, not change anything except for the worse
My point was no amount of protesting is going to have an effect on the delusional and mentally defecient minds of the gun grabbing liberals in the MGA. They know that their agenda of total control cannot be completed as long as there are enough armed citizens to stop them. Their goal is total power over the entire population..in order to advance their agenda they must disarm us..2A supporters must stop thinking that gun control is about public safety because it's not. It's about controlling the population like slaves to ensure they remain in power. Until all gun owners understand this and fight back they will nearly always win. Call them out on it every chance you can and donate to the GOA. The NRA refuses to acknowledge that the lefts ultimate goal is not only total disarmament but also socialistic control of every man, woman and child in the country.
__________________
http://markwfarrar.com/pictures/GOA%20Life%20Member.jpg

Last edited by Muleskinner; February 9th, 2019 at 03:31 PM.
Muleskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 03:40 PM #10
BeoBill's Avatar
BeoBill BeoBill is offline
Crank in the Third Row
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: 南馬里蘭州鮑伊
Posts: 15,549
BeoBill BeoBill is offline
Crank in the Third Row
BeoBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: 南馬里蘭州鮑伊
Posts: 15,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
My point was no amount of protesting is going to have an effect on the delusional and mentally defecient minds of the gun grabbing liberals in the MGA. They know that their agenda of total control cannot be completed as long as there are enough armed citizens to stop them. Their goal is total power over the entire population..in order to advance their agenda they must disarm us..2A supporters must stop thinking that gun control is about public safety because it's not. It's about controlling the population like slaves to ensure they remain in power. Until all gun owners understand this and fight back they will nearly always win. Call them out on it every chance you can and donate to the GOA. The NRA refuses to acknowledge that the lefts ultimate goal is not only total disarmament but also socialistic control of every man, woman and child in the country.
I haven't seen much activity INITIATED by GOA toward Maryland laws except the monthly email and junk mailer asking for $$$$$. Granted, they have submitted Amicus Briefs, but their main focus, like the NRA, is Federal level laws.
__________________
Formerly "The Pitbull from OSD Policy"
To err is human. To forgive is not SAC policy.
“Those who beat their arms into plows will plow for those who don’t.”

Clint Eastwood: “I tried being reasonable, I didn’t like it”
Dark to Light; sheep no more. WWG1WGA
#MorePatriotsThanHandcuffs
BeoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2019, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service