Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 10th, 2019, 04:10 PM #21

Not all the blame can be put on BPD’s patrol officers, they get no support from the people they’re supposed to be serving.

They’re working in the city that gave the world a video called “Stop Snitchin” to remind everybody that Snitches get Stitches.

People need to want to take back their streets, neighborhoods and city instead of hiding from the thugs and gangs. They need to be like the Baltimore mother who caught her kid rioting and slapped his ass on TV. They need to make their kids go to school and quit making excuses for their bad and criminal behavior. They need to have courage to press charges and appear as witnesses in court. They need to be able to exercise their 2A Rights to defend themselves, families and homes.

Evil does exist when good men do nothing but sometimes it takes all the good men and women to defeat evil.

We're not gonna get rid of anybody! We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be! When you side with a man, you stay with him! And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished! We're finished! All of us! Pike Bishop

NRA Life Member and Instructor
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2019, 04:10 PM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaron View Post
Stop it. You are talking about Baltimore, then Maryland. They have rules, they deal with it. Don't compare that to a free, society.

I live free we have plenty of responders. If your society dances in crime. Move.
Some of us can’t move.
Old February 10th, 2019, 04:48 PM #23
i pi

i pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorros View Post
Some of us can’t move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJS View Post
I'm a Baltmore city resident. This isn't news. BPD, for quite some time, has not had the resources or the leadership to effectively manage their call load. The context of this particular article highlights the issue created when there are multiple, possibly related, shootings/stabbings in a concentrated area within a short period of time.

The primary issue isn't manpower, it's the refusal of BPD to shift that manpower around as it's needed.

I used to work in a service environment, where we had technicians running calls. Using statistical modeling and manpower models (ie. plugging some numbers into an Excel spreadsheet), we would move technicians out of their assigned territory during periods of high volume in other territories. For some reason, I don't think BPD does this.

So the officer I see sleeping in his car in the Central doesn't get called over to the Western when something kicks off and they need more manpower.

(My bet is that's driven by the FOP, but I don't know for sure.) As always, I could be completely wrong.
Law abiding Baltimore City residents need to demand that the state legalize their right self defense, from their politicians. Out the politicians who work the system to get permits for their cronies.
danb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2019, 05:40 PM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by danb View Post
Law abiding Baltimore City residents need to demand that the state legalize their right self defense, from their politicians. Out the politicians who work the system to get permits for their cronies.
“ need to demand”. Okay. Now what? The anti gun culture in md is dense. Unfortunately, it is a political issue and this state is democratic. And the rep governor is no real help.
Old February 10th, 2019, 05:49 PM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJS View Post
I'm a Baltmore city resident. This isn't news. BPD, for quite some time, has not had the resources or the leadership to effectively manage their call load. The context of this particular article highlights the issue created when there are multiple, possibly related, shootings/stabbings in a concentrated area within a short period of time.

The primary issue isn't manpower, it's the refusal of BPD to shift that manpower around as it's needed.

I used to work in a service environment, where we had technicians running calls. Using statistical modeling and manpower models (ie. plugging some numbers into an Excel spreadsheet), we would move technicians out of their assigned territory during periods of high volume in other territories. For some reason, I don't think BPD does this.

So the officer I see sleeping in his car in the Central doesn't get called over to the Western when something kicks off and they need more manpower.

(My bet is that's driven by the FOP, but I don't know for sure.) As always, I could be completely wrong.

It's driven by City Hall. I do know that for sure.
Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 10:39 AM #26
Heavy

Heavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
Not all the blame can be put on BPD’s patrol officers, they get no support from the people they’re supposed to be serving.

They’re working in the city that gave the world a video called “Stop Snitchin” to remind everybody that Snitches get Stitches.

People need to want to take back their streets, neighborhoods and city instead of hiding from the thugs and gangs. They need to be like the Baltimore mother who caught her kid rioting and slapped his ass on TV. They need to make their kids go to school and quit making excuses for their bad and criminal behavior. They need to have courage to press charges and appear as witnesses in court. They need to be able to exercise their 2A Rights to defend themselves, families and homes.

Evil does exist when good men do nothing but sometimes it takes all the good men and women to defeat evil.
I 100% agree. The problems in Baltimore start and end with the people of Baltimore.
PJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 12:49 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbharvey View Post
Like we elected the MD General Assembly so we deserve the onerous gun laws?

They were elected by the same fools in the city for the most part. The voters in the city have not only destroyed the city but most of Maryland.
1time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 03:11 PM #28
Crank in the Third Row

Crank in the Third Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1time View Post
They were elected by the same fools in the city for the most part. The voters in the city have not only destroyed the city but most of Maryland.

Dark to Light; sheep no more. WWG1WGA WWNC
#MorePatriotsThanHandcuffs
BeoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2019, 06:47 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
He’s a 13’er and you know damn well that they’re on the list with ass-kickers, shit kickers and Methodists

Almost as bad the Dutch
What does everyone have against the Dutch?
Old February 12th, 2019, 09:58 AM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
Nope..I disagree completely. The people who reside in the city of Baltimore are the ones who elected the half wits who create the laws and policies of the city..in essence, they asked for the police department they have and all the disfunction that goes along with it.
Don’t blame me! I voted against the idiots and was shouted down.
tomrkba is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues