Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 9th, 2019, 10:45 AM #11
Habitual Testifier

Habitual Testifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
Nope..I disagree completely. The people who reside in the city of Baltimore are the ones who elected the half wits who create the laws and policies of the city..in essence, they asked for the police department they have and all the disfunction that goes along with it.
Like we elected the MD General Assembly so we deserve the onerous gun laws?

"The heart of the matter then is not the existence of guns, knives or pressure cookers, it is this: It’s the evil lurking in the hearts of people. And there is only one solution to that problem.
His name is Jesus Christ, and the change He brings to a person’s heart is the ultimate cure for the violence and wickedness that surrounds us." Jim Daly
pbharvey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 11:33 AM #12

Why do you carry a gun?

Because a cop is too heavy to carry

We're not gonna get rid of anybody! We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be! When you side with a man, you stay with him! And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished! We're finished! All of us! Pike Bishop

NRA Life Member and Instructor
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 02:42 PM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbharvey View Post
Like we elected the MD General Assembly so we deserve the onerous gun laws?
That's comparing apples and oranges. The MGA is passing illegal laws bent on removing rights enumerated in our country's highest legal document. City democrats are electing fools who are destroying the city and by default the people who live in the city..there is no constitutional right to live in a safe place, and there is no right to police protection.

The 2nd Amendment is the ultimate check and balance.
Muleskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 04:55 PM #14

BPD is suffering from Battered Cop Syndrome. Why put yourself in harm's way if you'll only get hung out to dry by PD leadership and the politicians?

"Forget it, Jake, it's C̶h̶i̶n̶a̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ Maryland."

Originally Posted by Deep Lurker:
Quote:
Disclaimer: “No criminals will be harmed in the passage of these gun control bills.”
Bob A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2019, 03:08 PM #15
Heavy

Heavy

I'm a Baltmore city resident. This isn't news. BPD, for quite some time, has not had the resources or the leadership to effectively manage their call load. The context of this particular article highlights the issue created when there are multiple, possibly related, shootings/stabbings in a concentrated area within a short period of time.

The primary issue isn't manpower, it's the refusal of BPD to shift that manpower around as it's needed.

I used to work in a service environment, where we had technicians running calls. Using statistical modeling and manpower models (ie. plugging some numbers into an Excel spreadsheet), we would move technicians out of their assigned territory during periods of high volume in other territories. For some reason, I don't think BPD does this.

So the officer I see sleeping in his car in the Central doesn't get called over to the Western when something kicks off and they need more manpower.

(My bet is that's driven by the FOP, but I don't know for sure.) As always, I could be completely wrong.
PJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2019, 03:23 PM #16

Castle rock v gonzales. US Sup Ct 2005. A police dept has no duty to protect citizens from private actions. BCPD strung so thin, probably doesn’t have the ability to protect if it had the duty. That’s a majot failing of a civilized society.
Old February 10th, 2019, 03:29 PM #17
Prisoner in Murderland

Prisoner in Murderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorros View Post
Castle rock v gonzales. US Sup Ct 2005. A police dept has no duty to protect citizens from private actions. BCPD strung so thin, probably doesn’t have the ability to protect if it had the duty. That’s a majot failing of a civilized society.
Warren v DC was in 1986
Member SAF
Ellegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2019, 03:40 PM #18

Have heart, gents and ladies. The supreme ct granted cert in the nys pistol club case last month. First gun case in the ct since heller and the bet is that it did so to rule on what level of constitutional scrutiny must be applied in 2A cases...intermediate as do almost all cts now, or strict. Maybe somehing in between. If they hold strict, many of maryland gun laws will become unenforceable...AR/ hi cap bans, apprehension of danger, etc. roberts will be the swing vote, i am thinking.
Old February 10th, 2019, 04:04 PM #19
Cynical Smartass

Cynical Smartass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorros View Post
That’s a majot failing of a civilized society.
Stop it. You are talking about Baltimore, then Maryland. They have rules, they deal with it. Don't compare that to a free, society.

I live free we have plenty of responders. If your society dances in crime. Move.
Glaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2019, 04:09 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by danb View Post
This forum more often than not these days makes it easy to see why the pro-gun community activist community in MD only gets smaller and does not accomplish anything. Many members here are more focused on complaining about my copy editing while driving people off the forum if they even remotely disagree in the slightest, meanwhile Annapolis is passing legislation, Hogan is signing bills, pro-gun legislators are getting defeated.

Complain away if it satisfies your internet ego. If you want a warm snuggle buddy, get a dog, I am not your warm blanket who will make you feel good.

I'm actually on your side. We are losing, the community is getting smaller, and maybe you should consider the possibly that since we the pro gun community are not getting it done and getting smaller, we are the shit that needs to be stirred. If you only want people who agree with you 100% all the time on your side, turn in your guns now its game over. It's a letter that does not get written, a donation not made,a vote not cast.

ETA: I think that the point of my OP is pretty obvious. Crime in Baltimore is outrageous, and police response times are ridiculous. Police have no duty to protect, and even if they did, they cant. Residents are their own first responders, but don't have the tools to defend themselves. Maybe you should point that out next time you run into a Baltimore resident or representative in Annapolis and help make self defense legal again in Baltimore.Or complain about my copy editing, your choice.

100% with you. I do get it. Our only protection and self defense is to remained armed with firearms WE select not government says so.

“By the way I call it "moral obedience" rather than "civil disobedience" because it is God's law". Those who try to promote un-natural laws on us are committing moral disobedience. It is our duty to resist immoral laws and actions.” By Richard Fry.
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues