Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 8th, 2019, 09:43 PM #1
i pi

i pi

The Baltimore PD has no duty to protect, and doesnt

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...208-story.html

Quote:
The union that represents the Baltimore Police Department’s rank-and-file officers said the agency has “no existing crime plan” and patrol shifts are so understaffed and officers so overwhelmed by the volume of 911 calls that they are instructed on a nightly basis to respond only to the most violent and pressing ones.

Residents are not getting guns or carry permits, but Bloomberg is getting guns for his peeps at Hopkins. Guns bad, mkay, except my peeps.

Meanwhile the stroller mom limousine liberal parade is deeply focused on Ghost guns. Can we just make them live unarmed in Sandtown-Winchester for a few weeks? not even one Bloomberg armed guard? let THEM dial 911, lol.
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 09:47 PM #2

Your thread title doesn't match the actual content but I'm sure you knew that because you just like to stir up sh!t.
ADR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 09:50 PM #3
i pi

i pi

Old February 8th, 2019, 10:49 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADR View Post
Your thread title doesn't match the actual content but I'm sure you knew that because you just like to stir up sh!t.
He’s a 13’er and you know damn well that they’re on the list with ass-kickers, shit kickers and Methodists

Almost as bad the Dutch

We're not gonna get rid of anybody! We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be! When you side with a man, you stay with him! And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished! We're finished! All of us! Pike Bishop

NRA Life Member and Instructor
Huckleberry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 10:58 PM #5

And this is news somehow?
brownspotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 09:30 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownspotz View Post
And this is news somehow?
I thought this was a court opinion, from the 70's
Member- Maryland Shall Issue
ROLL TIDE!!
rseymorejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 09:35 AM #7
i pi

i pi

This forum more often than not these days makes it easy to see why the pro-gun community activist community in MD only gets smaller and does not accomplish anything. Many members here are more focused on complaining about my copy editing while driving people off the forum if they even remotely disagree in the slightest, meanwhile Annapolis is passing legislation, Hogan is signing bills, pro-gun legislators are getting defeated.

Complain away if it satisfies your internet ego. If you want a warm snuggle buddy, get a dog, I am not your warm blanket who will make you feel good.

I'm actually on your side. We are losing, the community is getting smaller, and maybe you should consider the possibly that since we the pro gun community are not getting it done and getting smaller, we are the shit that needs to be stirred. If you only want people who agree with you 100% all the time on your side, turn in your guns now its game over. It's a letter that does not get written, a donation not made,a vote not cast.

ETA: I think that the point of my OP is pretty obvious. Crime in Baltimore is outrageous, and police response times are ridiculous. Police have no duty to protect, and even if they did, they cant. Residents are their own first responders, but don't have the tools to defend themselves. Maybe you should point that out next time you run into a Baltimore resident or representative in Annapolis and help make self defense legal again in Baltimore.Or complain about my copy editing, your choice.
Old February 9th, 2019, 10:21 AM #8
Habitual Testifier

Habitual Testifier

Baltimore City FOP released a rather stinging press release the other day that the OP is referencing. Including saying the police station is dirtier than the city jail.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fop3/stat...78806136782853

Listen to the police scanner for about to 10 minutes and you’ll see the type of police service the city residents get. If you are reporting a crime (robbery, stolen car, etc.) after the fact, prepare to wait several hours before an officer responds. If that happened in the suburbs, people would lose their minds. I’m no big fan of the city but the residents deserve a “normal” police response time. I’m sure many of them feel like if they aren’t in immediate danger then they are on their own. I’m also sure that the criminals know this and act accordingly.

"The heart of the matter then is not the existence of guns, knives or pressure cookers, it is this: It’s the evil lurking in the hearts of people. And there is only one solution to that problem.
His name is Jesus Christ, and the change He brings to a person’s heart is the ultimate cure for the violence and wickedness that surrounds us." Jim Daly
pbharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 10:36 AM #9

No law enforcement agency has the responsibility to protect or defend anyone their job is to enforce the law..nothing more. That is what makes Maryland''s wear and carry laws so immoral. .you aren't allowed to carry for self defense and the police have zero obligation to defend you..cops carry a firearm for one reason..to defend themselves. .

The 2nd Amendment is the ultimate check and balance.
Muleskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2019, 10:40 AM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbharvey View Post
Baltimore City FOP released a rather stinging press release the other day that the OP is referencing. Including saying the police station is dirtier than the city jail.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fop3/stat...78806136782853

Listen to the police scanner for about to 10 minutes and you’ll see the type of police service the city residents get. If you are reporting a crime (robbery, stolen car, etc.) after the fact, prepare to wait several hours before an officer responds. If that happened in the suburbs, people would lose their minds. I’m no big fan of the city but the residents deserve a “normal” police response time. I’m sure many of them feel like if they aren’t in immediate danger then they are on their own. I’m also sure that the criminals know this and act accordingly.
Nope..I disagree completely. The people who reside in the city of Baltimore are the ones who elected the half wits who create the laws and policies of the city..in essence, they asked for the police department they have and all the disfunction that goes along with it.

The 2nd Amendment is the ultimate check and balance.
Muleskinner is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues