Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 7th, 2019, 11:09 PM #11
Scribe

Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistlersmother View Post
Campaign finance reports must be public.
You dont have to list your home address. Just your "campaign" address. Often its a PO Box.
Matlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2019, 11:19 PM #12
Peace through strength

Peace through strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlack View Post
You dont have to list your home address. Just your "campaign" address. Often its a PO Box.
True, but some may list interesting addresses. Same with contributors. Certainly business names may have fixed addresses or can be googled.

The information to start dossiers is out there, it just has to be gleaned. Why do liberals love technology - to keep track of people. It can used to keep track of them also.

I would think surveillance and intel could be had by tossing a few continual bucks to homeless people in select areas of interest. A quick message to members of this very board may glean information. I have two "interesting" people living in my very neighborhood.

SDAT may be of interest also. Real estate tax records must be public. A house could be owned by an LLC, which must be registered and public also.

If the desire is there, lots of intel could be gathered. The question becomes what to do with it.
Old February 7th, 2019, 11:20 PM #13
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Rack&Roll
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Rack&Roll
I understand that the MD politicians passed a law quite a while back that makes it "illegal" to protest at a Maryland politician's private residence.

Of course, it's unconstitutional, but it's never been tested.

In the late 50s and into the 1960s, black folks saw that the pathway to the promised land of fully recognized civil rights had to go through a town called Civil Disobedience.

More than a half century later, we are the people seeking to have our civil rights fully recognized. Getting arrested in front of a Maryland politician's home is likely what will have to happen to move the chains.
Rack&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 01:31 AM #14

I'd think that it might be productive to spend some time reviewing some old yearbooks.

Go with the trend. Blood's in the water and the frenzy is getting momentum.

"Forget it, Jake, it's C̶h̶i̶n̶a̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ Maryland."

Originally Posted by Deep Lurker:
Quote:
Disclaimer: ďNo criminals will be harmed in the passage of these gun control bills.Ē
Bob A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 05:34 AM #15
My hair is amazing

My hair is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A View Post
I'd think that it might be productive to spend some time reviewing some old yearbooks.

Oh. Thatís tasty.
MSRPA BOD
I touched Heller.....
teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 05:38 AM #16
Certified Mad Scientist

Certified Mad Scientist

Quote:

I like the way you think, brother.
Doctor_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 08:16 AM #17
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_M View Post
I like the way you think, brother.

Nope. Thatís a waste of time, and hereís why:

The intelligentsia left is already sewing the seeds for dismissing all that old stuff (if youíre a Dem). I lurk on two very prominent lib discussion boards, daily, just stay abrest of the current strategies and talking points.

Iíve noticed a distinct uptick in the last 3 days in the number of posts on these two boards advocating forgiveness had condemning those judging (a Democratís) past and calling them racist for something that happened decades ago.

Itís causing infighting among the libs at the moment. The footsoldiers are still waving their torches and pitchforks and demanding blood, but you can see where the bourgeois trendsetter libs are trying to get them in line. Orders, filtering down through chain of command.

In six months, no one is going to care about yearbooks or anyoneís past (if youíre a democrat). This is already a dying issue.
yakfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 08:23 AM #18
My hair is amazing

My hair is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakfish View Post
Nope. Thatís a waste of time, and hereís why:

The intelligentsia left is already sewing the seeds for dismissing all that old stuff (if youíre a Dem). I lurk on two very prominent lib discussion boards, daily, just stay abrest of the current strategies and talking points.

Iíve noticed a distinct uptick in the last 3 days in the number of posts on these two boards advocating forgiveness had condemning those judging (a Democratís) past and calling them racist for something that happened decades ago.

Itís causing infighting among the libs at the moment. The footsoldiers are still waving their torches and pitchforks and demanding blood, but you can see where the bourgeois trendsetter libs are trying to get them in line. Orders, filtering down through chain of command.

In six months, no one is going to care about yearbooks or anyoneís past (if youíre a democrat). This is already a dying issue.
But the dems are STILL batshit crazy about it now.
MSRPA BOD
I touched Heller.....
teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 09:49 AM #19
Banned

Banned

Quote:

The majority of voters in Maryland like gun control. How is finding peccadilloes of gun control bill sponsors productive?
The way to sell these Bills are dangerous is the same way the Left sells them. Fear, uncertainty, doubt, sympathy. These Bills can and must be spun to show in their mind that passage will make things worse. They do not care about your rights, pounding fists and whining. Must be countered they are going to make what they fear worse. When laws become oppressive it doesn't reduce crime, it escalates crime. Look at prohibition. Drug laws are a great analogy as well. Look at drug laws are being decriminalized all across the country.

These gun control bills only clog up the judicial system with otherwise law abiding people who have been made criminals owning something legal for decades. These laws will create a much bigger black market that already exists, thus driving up , (not reducing) guns on the street with no traceable records. etc. etc.

Sympathy?

I go to a gun event with tables of these rifles they wish to ban, for many first time shooters to try. It is a charity event and last year raised six figures in one day, and donated to the Ludicrous Foundation

That puts a different spin on things.
Schipperke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2019, 12:53 PM #20
Banned

Banned

I spend thousands of dollars on ammunition, guns, and shooting related products and businesses every year.

I'm not alone in this amount of spending.

So let's tell them we're prepared to give that money instead to someone in their own party who will primary them in their districts. And have a sh!tload of campaign money to do it.

If not enough people here are willing to engage in the street-level activism, then at least put up a whole bunch of money. If we're unwilling to scare them, the let's just BUY our own politicians outright, and defeat them with more democrats that WE own.
yakfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues