• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fogman

I have so many questions.

What’s with the weird ammo container? You load .22?

Why the peep sight?

Makeshift wood black hand guard?

Now on to compliments!

Glad your son had a good time and nice looking drop mat

He shoots smallbore competition.

Loading block allows him to keep track of where he is on his target. It's laid out with 6 groups of 5 rounds.

Only allowed open sights for competition.

Wood block handguard has a rail built in to it for an adjustable sling stop.

There is a PITA Sled installed in the magwell to allow single load.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Loading block allows him to keep track of where he is on his target. It's laid out with 6 groups of 5 rounds.

Ahhhhh all makes sense. That’s awesome he shoots competitively!!!!

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    He needs to be shooting some kind of standard velocity match ammo. High velocity ammo is in general much lower in accuracy than match ammo. You have to keep the velocity of the round below the speed of sound because the .22lr bullet is not particularly aerodynamic and does not handle transitioning back down thru the sound barrier very well.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Cross posting this from another RPR thread, just to mention what a fun shooter it is. We were at the Undisclosed Location last weekend. Got the plinking urge before hoofing it down to the normal shooting zone, while we still on the back deck. A set of small-ish gongs we use from down the hill at the Gatzebo are also visible from the cabin’s back deck at just over a hundred yards across the pond.

Mrs. Occam and Mrs. Best Friend both tagged the steel on their first shots with the RPR, using some hilariously quiet suppressed 22LR Winchester subsonics. Good fun. Kept reaching for that rifle all weekend.

[YT]j2Kgjx-XXKU[/YT]

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia

Where did you get the peep sights?

Q

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

Were you guys at the AGC on sat? A kid was there with pretty much the same setup. I noticed the wood block on the rail.
    I was next you you with a group of scouts.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Was thinking about using it for the merit badge, hence the request for iron sights. I wish we could use single load 10/22s......

Q

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Yes that was us.

How did the merit badge class go? I'm a rifle merit badge councellor with Troop 143

Went well. All 18 first years showed up. We arranged this since all the summer camps got cancelled. We even tried to rent the range at broadcreek, but no go. So the AGC was it. We have me and the shooting sports coordinator are bagde holders swell as instructors and RSO's. We got a few volunteers from his club to help out so we could get 6 benches.
    We are doing shotgun this saturday.
    It was a fun day, most boys had never shot before.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Was thinking about using it for the merit badge, hence the request for iron sights. I wish we could use single load 10/22s......

Q

I think that may be too big for the smaller boys. The older ones would be fine.

fogman

Q

10/22's can be hard to single load. Ejection port is hard to get fingers into. Also would need to modify the bolt hold open to allow single handed release by just pulling the bolt back.(easy enough to do with a dremel) About 3 years ago Carroll or Frederick County 4-H shot single load 10/22's at the state match. They had to eject the magazine, load 1 round, reinsert mag then release the bolt.
    Appleseed Project has info on an open sight set specifically designed for the 10/22. They are more of the military style with a peep in the back and.post in the front as opposed to the diopter type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom