• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    If rallies and demonstration are so worthless why does dc, balt news stations pay for reporters to covers these stories ? We time wasting demonstrators keep making front page stories radio talk shows and TV news.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If rallies and demonstration are so worthless why does dc, balt news stations pay for reporters to covers these stories ? We time wasting demonstrators keep making front page stories radio talk shows and TV news.

Because there always the possibility of imminent violence and they want to bring it to you live. The bigger the spectacle, the more people tune in. More live breaking news right after these messages.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I wrote on this a while back, last year I think, do you have any idea just how BAD the optics are on this? Anti 2A groups pitch you guys as armed revolutionaries and Jesus Christ you’re showing up in kit.

Want a better way of doing things? How about this. MANDATORY banning of all camo, slogan shirts, cold dead hands ball caps and hats at ANY rally.

Dress standard, shirt (ironed), a tie, get a clip on if you have to. Shave, ditch the ZZ top beard or stay home. Non-descriptive everyday business/casual jacket.

You dress like a normal person that you are supposed to be and what 80% of the general public, you know the "people you are trying to convince to some to your side" THINK is a normal person. They see the Anti’s dancing around with pink ***** hats on what do you think they think of your airsoft gear?

ID each other; so everyone can wear a "blank" blaze orange ball cap. It stands out in pictures to show numbers, hell carry and extra just to wave around, it makes the press pictures look better, more people. Get better sloganeering, ditch the don’t tread on me shit and go with something like “I’m responsible for my own life, let me be”. At least that would open up a dialog with a semi-intelligent reporter for a meaningful dialog and not visual window dressing on a news article.

Arm everyone with one of these, they are cheap and the bomb. Have several people with them to film the anti’s getting in your face. ANTIFA films EVERYTHING for use as propaganda.

https://www.amazon.com/Crosstour-Underwater-Waterproof-170°Wide-angle-Rechargeable/dp/B074319MZZ

Find someone willing to take the hits. Yeah you heard me someone volunteers to get beat up, it’s easy to incite a nutcase to go over the edge, let them take some hits, get it on tape and get them out WITHOUT retaliation. Look!! Film at 11, crazy anti-gun demonstrator beats up nice looking gentleman Joe the plumber out trying to speak about his freedoms. BTW wear a cup.

Options. Do something different, even leaving the state is an action. I’ve been here since 1990 and oh those rally’s have done so much. Yes we have lost less each year tell me what has been gained.

Lastly want to ding Kit, you don’t know WTF you’re talking about then as she runs in a rare crowd.

Fire away, you’ve been doing well so far.

So, let me ask you something, and this is coming from someone that did the "clean shirt, slacks, maybe a tie thing and still does. How has all of that worked out for us over the last 20+ years here in Maryland?

Yep, the former President of MSI (that title and $2.00 might get me a coffee somewhere) is asking what being prim and proper has gotten us over the last several years.

While we have made some small gains, and all gains no matter how small are good, we have lost far more than we have gained. And yes, we have been able to hold the line most sessions.

But, what is the issue with folks wanting to try something else? Anything else?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating not being prim and proper, but if a group of guys want to try another tactic, why shouldn't they be able to? I was originally of the mind that it would hurt more than it would help, but after the first session with Rack, Deeplurker, Stoveman and the rest of the PP on the sidewalk, I changed my mind given some of the conversation I had with legislators.

Hell, I think folks need to start putting up PP like signs in their yards and along major roadways to continue to call our legislators out.

How about picketing in front of their day jobs, now that the legislative session is over?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Let me help you understand the difference.

In both Bundy-lead events—at the ranch and at Malheur—a call went out across the country for support. You get what you get.

The Patriot Picket draws on longtime members here, who we then often meet at rallies or other low-level events where security is not an issue (such as our excursions to the sidewalk adjacent to Lawyer’s Mall where there we don’t encounter resistance from the public).

When we go to where we expect resistance and abuse, only our veteran folks make the trip. Low-post new MDS people are asked to join the tamer hometown sidewalk picketing first so we can size them up.

Even for the low-temp sidewalk events, I just turned away a guy who says being on MDS as a member is too much trouble, but that he knows about us by lurking.

Nope, sorry. If you think signing on is “too much trouble” then find other 2A activities but being in our planning/execution loop is not one of them.

But thanks for thinking of us.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Let me help you understand the difference.

In both Bundy-lead events—at the ranch and at Malheur—a call went out across the country for support. You get what you get.

The Patriot Picket draws on longtime members here, who we then often meet at rallies or other low-level events where security is not an issue (such as our excursions to the sidewalk adjacent to Lawyer’s Mall where there we don’t encounter resistance from the public).

When we go to where we expect resistance and abuse, only our veteran folks make the trip. Low-post new MDS people are asked to join the tamer hometown sidewalk picketing first so we can size them up.

Even for the low-temp sidewalk events, I just turned away a guy who says being on MDS as a member is too much trouble, but that he knows about us by lurking.

Nope, sorry. If you think signing on is “too much trouble” then find other 2A activities but being in our planning/execution loop is not one of them.

But thanks for thinking of us.

And many of those informants were long time trusted associates either originally or later co-opted. And in the interest of saving space I wouldn't consider getting myself on the cover of the NYT a plus, your only being used as cannon fodder by the other side. If that's your thing fine, you would probably get along with John McCain. Please link the articles your referencing, I'd like to read the comments on them to get a sense of how many people you moved to your side. We can use that as a measure of success. Convince me its the right course.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Because there always the possibility of imminent violence and they want to bring it to you live. The bigger the spectacle, the more people tune in. More live breaking news right after these messages.

Plus they get a chance to paint us in a bad light.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The funniest protest/demonstration in recent memory was Occupy Wall Street. Those folks were so close to killing Capitalism, oh sigh.. The spectacle the day after inauguration with walking Vaginas was unique. I guess now the 2A mantra is Camo, BDU's, open carry and blow out kits. I can see public opinion latch on to that.

The entire Bundy scenario, what did that accomplish? The native Americans protests which got violent many days fighting Dakota pipeline going through property didn't convince the courts . I'm not sure what the attraction is craving media attention when they control the narrative, and mainstream typically reports on any conservative leaning rally as white supremacists, and when it come to 2A, note the total lack of diversity of protestors then come up with this.

Always enjoy the fallacy that any opinion dismissing the efficacy of X requires an alternative. It's like showing a contractor a deficiency in construction and his answer "could you do it any better"? I think doctors should use that excuse when they get sued for malpractice. The Russians and our own astute Leftists understand controlling and scripting social media is the ticket now. If people enjoy holding signs, picketing, demonstrating it's all good if it makes them happy. My sense is demonstrations are more of a like minded catharsis event, which again isn't a bad thing. Many worse ways to kill time.

This is a few years old, but a good read https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/04/why-street-protests-dont-work/360264/

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The funniest protest/demonstration in recent memory was Occupy Wall Street. Those folks were so close to killing Capitalism, oh sigh.. The spectacle the day after inauguration with walking Vaginas was unique. I guess now the 2A mantra is Camo, BDU's, open carry and blow out kits. I can see public opinion latch on to that.

The entire Bundy scenario, what did that accomplish? The native Americans protests which got violent many days fighting Dakota pipeline going through property didn't convince the courts . I'm not sure what the attraction is craving media attention when they control the narrative, and mainstream typically reports on any conservative leaning rally as white supremacists, and when it come to 2A, note the total lack of diversity of protestors then come up with this.

Always enjoy the fallacy that any opinion dismissing the efficacy of X requires an alternative. It's like showing a contractor a deficiency in construction and his answer "could you do it any better"? I think doctors should use that excuse when they get sued for malpractice. The Russians and our own astute Leftists understand controlling and scripting social media is the ticket now. If people enjoy holding signs, picketing, demonstrating it's all good if it makes them happy. My sense is demonstrations are more of a like minded catharsis event, which again isn't a bad thing. Many worse ways to kill time.

This is a few years old, but a good read https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/04/why-street-protests-dont-work/360264/

Nice article , some interesting post and food for thought . It is good the have an exchange of ideas .

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    From that article

In today’s world, an appeal to protest via Twitter, Facebook, or text message is sure to attract a crowd, especially if it is to demonstrate against something—anything, really—that outrages us. The problem is what happens after the march. Sometimes it ends in violent confrontation with the police, and more often than not it simply fizzles out.
    Behind massive street demonstrations there is rarely a well-oiled and more-permanent organization capable of following up on protesters’ demands and undertaking the complex, face-to-face, and dull political work that produces real change in government.
    This is the important point made by Zeynep Tufekci, a fellow at the Center for Information Technology Policy at Princeton University, who writes that “Before the Internet, the tedious work of organizing that was required to circumvent censorship or to organize a protest also helped build infrastructure for decision making and strategies for sustaining momentum. Now movements can rush past that step, often to their own detriment.”

There is a powerful political engine running in the streets of many cities. It turns at high speed and produces a lot of political energy. But the engine is not connected to wheels, and so the “movement” doesn’t move. Achieving that motion requires organizations capable of old-fashioned and permanent political work that can leverage street demonstrations into political change and policy reforms. In most cases, that means political parties.
    But it doesn’t necessarily mean existing parties that demonstrators don’t trust to be change agents.

Great quote "Clicktivism and slacktivism create a feel-good illusion that undermines the activism that effects change." I'm gonna steal that, clicktivism.

The problem is we didn't get here overnight but everyone thinks we can get back by tomorrow.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Trailman:

In today’s world, an appeal to protest via Twitter, Facebook, or text message is sure to attract a crowd, especially if it is to demonstrate against something—anything, really—that outrages us. The problem is what happens after the march. Sometimes it ends in violent confrontation with the police, and more often than not it simply fizzles out.

Quote:
    Behind massive street demonstrations there is rarely a well-oiled and more-permanent organization capable of following up on protesters’ demands and undertaking the complex, face-to-face, and dull political work that produces real change in government.

This is the important point made by Zeynep Tufekci, a fellow at the Center for Information Technology Policy at Princeton University, who writes that “Before the Internet, the tedious work of organizing that was required to circumvent censorship or to organize a protest also helped build infrastructure for decision making and strategies for sustaining momentum. Now movements can rush past that step, often to their own detriment.”

Quote:
    There is a powerful political engine running in the streets of many cities. It turns at high speed and produces a lot of political energy. But the engine is not connected to wheels, and so the “movement” doesn’t move. Achieving that motion requires organizations capable of old-fashioned and permanent political work that can leverage street demonstrations into political change and policy reforms. In most cases, that means political parties.

But it doesn’t necessarily mean existing parties that demonstrators don’t trust to be change agents.

Great quote "Clicktivism and slacktivism create a feel-good illusion that undermines the activism that effects change." I'm gonna steal that, clicktivism.

The problem is we didn't get here overnight but everyone thinks we can get back by tomorrow.

Time for committed activism (not Clickitivism or Slackivism), which means meeting in person to work to protect 2nd Amendment Rights in Maryland. Our activism will be based on the ideas I have outlined in this thread. Please wear business casual.

The location for our meeting is __________________, on ______________,2018 and will start at

_____________ and run for _____ hour(s).

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    So, while I am at it, I will just leave this here...

No...we are NOT done fraggin' on this HB1302--so join us on Saturday at 11:30am for a March against the RED FLAG bill through Annapolis, followed by a 2pm Rally under Governor's Hogan's window!

Go here, for details:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=222645&highlight=hb1302

Tons of free, all-day parking in the Calvert Garage at Bladen Street & Calvert Street, just a couple of blocks from the Statehouse!

Just find parking by 11:15am and join us at Lawyer's Mall to start our March down Main Street to Mission BBQ no later than 11:30am for their noon-time National Anthem and lunch in our reserved dining area upstairs at MBBQ.

And the weather will be awesome!

Attachments

• 9EBF9C3E-700E-4217-B84C-790E39A25FA1.jpg
      9EBF9C3E-700E-4217-B84C-790E39A25FA1.jpg
      78.5 KB · Views: 247
    • 02FB3761-20A3-4517-93E1-E7EF354C61D2.jpeg
      02FB3761-20A3-4517-93E1-E7EF354C61D2.jpeg
      15.4 KB · Views: 224

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just sayin' - Suit & Tie lobbying for gun rights has been going on in Maryland for more than 50yrs , and hasn't stopped . We just have additional concurrent modes nowadays.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Great video.

It would take a knock down drag out fight and a lot of honesty induced heartburn to get everyone on the same page though.

But if it doesn't take place, we'll become even more fractured as a group.

That means easy pickins' when the Left comes after us. Some more. Again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom