Baltimore is a dangerous place now with thugs!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tom43491

Dec 9, 2009
    Timonium
    Shithead parents beget shithead kids. Add to that a revolving door "justice system" with little consequence and laws that prevent normal, law abiding people from protecting themselves, and here we are.

Gruneun

Sep 2, 2015
    It's telling that I can be sitting in my living room, an hour west of Baltimore, and not so much as blink when I hear large calibers being fired from down the road, but if I heard the slightest pop when I was working in Baltimore, it was time to get moving.

Pittbull

Jan 28, 2013
    300 murders to date in Baltimore in 2017 while at the same time political leadership at great odds with local police.... the beauty,the culture, the scenery, great dining are at odds with the crime that is driving people away from a once great city. Who of sound mind would ever visit Baltimore under these circumstances?

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    Shithead parents beget shithead kids. Add to that a revolving door "justice system" with little consequence and laws that prevent normal, law abiding people from protecting themselves, and here we are.

Exactly. If we did everything possible to ensure that children were born only to people over the age of 18 who had graduated high school, were gainfully employed, and were part of stable two-parent households, the problem would be solved within a generation.

Since we, as a society, don't have the testicular fortitude to make getting a depo shot compulsory for receiving government benefits, we ought to at least have the decency to pass constitutional carry so that responsible folks can defend themselves from the fruits of other people's reproductive indiscretion.

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    Bad part one of good friends daughter was involved with those attacks. Baltimore....what a sh$thole. Only good part about Baltimore is seeing it in your rearview mirror.
    Which is what I did in April of 2017, left for good. So nice to be in a friendly state where you can legally protect yourself in public. It's so safe enough here I don't ever feel the need to carry in public, but it's nice to know I could if I wanted to. The state also allows anyone that can lawfully own a firearm to carry it loaded in your vehicle without a CCW, as long as the purpose is "self defense." In other words, if you're taking it to kill someone it's illegal :)

Last edited:

H-Bar

4th MD Regiment Militia
    Jun 29, 2017
    Go in get what you need and get out

I live East of the wonderful arm pit. When we have to get anything that is in the city I go in get what I need the leave. I don't linger to see "What's going on" I rarely look at my phone except for directions and that it. :)

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Baltimore like many progressive dominated areas have lost most of its moral fortitude. Without morals laws have no meaning.

captainbluff

Nov 17, 2010
    Unfortunately it's not just Baltimore. My mother unfortunately has to take the metro to and from work, Branch Ave station in PG County. About a month ago, she got in her car and was approached on both sides of her car, not sure if they were teens, but they were asking for money. Luckily they did not do anything stupid, my mother just drove away.

Makes me just want to wait in the parking lot and catch one of these morons.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    After eight long years having moved away, I finally sold my house in Baltimore. Went to settlement yesterday, as a matter of fact. Only a $25K total loss for the year... I used to have so much love for my city, but now, I don't think I would ever go back, not unless I absolutely had to. Such a shame, as I spent a lot of my life there. City life just isn't for me anymore...

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    After eight long years having moved away, I finally sold my house in Baltimore. Went to settlement yesterday, as a matter of fact. Only a $25K total loss for the year... I used to have so much love for my city, but now, I don't think I would ever go back, not unless I absolutely had to. Such a shame, as I spent a lot of my life there. City life just isn't for me anymore...

I hear you. I moved out and sold my house on Patterson Park 5 years ago now. When I talk with people that are still living in Fed Hill and Fells, I'm hearing stories about how people are afraid to walk anywhere now and they are taking Ubers everywhere. Glad I got out when I did.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Unfortunately, we live in a society where the govt has taken parenting away from the parents. Any kid has but to call social services and tell them that my daddy beat my ass for robbing someone and the kid is protected. Hot flash folks! My father used to whip my ass for the dumbest stuff you can imagine and I turned out OK (my love of guns was instilled by him and the military). When you allow your teenage kids to run about with no rules at all except the rules established by their teenage friends you are going to have this. If you recall the Baltimore riot and the mother beating her son who was running rampant, they wanted to prosecute her when in fact they should have decorated her. Protect yourself!! An armed citizenry can do what to police cant. These punks are armed and running wild. Only the people and parent can stop it

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I'm guessing Santa won't be visiting again. ;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      74.2 KB · Views: 406

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Unfortunately, we live in a society where the govt has taken parenting away from the parents. Any kid has but to call social services and tell them that my daddy beat my ass for robbing someone and the kid is protected. Hot flash folks! My father used to whip my ass for the dumbest stuff you can imagine and I turned out OK (my love of guns was instilled by him and the military). When you allow your teenage kids to run about with no rules at all except the rules established by their teenage friends you are going to have this. If you recall the Baltimore riot and the mother beating her son who was running rampant, they wanted to prosecute her when in fact they should have decorated her. Protect yourself!! An armed citizenry can do what to police cant. These punks are armed and running wild. Only the people and parent can stop it

If it were only that easy.

We don't have ANY say in the matter.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

Add to this that the city of Baltimore changed policies on law enforcement to prevent the arrest of any Misdemeanor under Maryland Law. This shift over the past few years led to the reality of lawlessness that now exists. The State is complicit in this also- the court system does not answer to Baltimore City rather the State but has willingly participated in the decriminalization of a large classification of crimes in a specific jurisdiction.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    What everyone should be doing is politically stoning the machine that really led to all of this- the Martin O'Malley mayoral disaster in the City of Baltimore from 1999-2007. Under his regime O'Malley failed to distinguish relevant crime (crime that hurts people and business) from irrelevant crime (victimless or crime with no negative impact on society). As a result of his boundless ambition he directed the BPD to arrest everyone essentially on every charge possible, leading to the tipping point we arrived at in 2015 when an entire generation of Baltimore youth had lost the ability to find gainful employment and housing due to the "take no prisoners" approach which ruined their criminal records and led to their subsequent blacklisting and ultimately a guaranteed lifetime of poverty and despair unless they choose to escalate their criminal profile. Invisible yet impenetrable walls went up between the community and their police, which made the concept of "Community Policing" impossible in a police state, continued on by the equally ambitious and corrupt Dixon administration and ultimately into the similarly ambitious Blake administration when the system fully failed due to this vacuum of leadership over a 16 year period executed by greedy individuals who never really understood or wanted to help any of these communities in a meaningful manner.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    C'mon man, we all know it is WHITEY's fault the city is full of criminals and thugs.

In case anyone thinks I am being racist, Nope, I am an equal opportunity Law breaker hater. I have good reason too.
    Despite never living in Baltimore city but growing up just north of the line where York Road turns into Greenmount avenue, I eventually bought a house in scenic Carroll county.
    Sadly, my house(s) one beside each other have been broken into twice since 2012, by lifelong criminals, and now for the 3rd time I was robbed of thousands of dollars of aluminum extension ladders and an aluminum walk board and brake stolen from my yard.

Sadly, crime is everywhere and is perpetrated by white, yellow, brown, black alike. Too bad no one has the solution for ridding our society of the jerks who can't stop screwing up the lives of the law abiding folks who merely want to work hard and support their families.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom