• ...and so much more!
  • texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    Hey all,

Making a change to the site, based on some tests from other forum owners (Nothing to do with pageviews or ads at all) I will be changing the number of posts to 10 per page not 20 any longer.

However members can change that back to 20 no problem.

step 1: click 'userCP'
    step 2: click 'edit options'
    step 3: change 'number of posts to show per page'

any questions let me know, will change this later on tonight or tomorrow, see how it goes.

Attachments

• step 1.jpg
      step 1.jpg
      14.8 KB · Views: 404
    • step 2a.jpg
      step 2a.jpg
      52.4 KB · Views: 400
    • step 2.jpg
      step 2.jpg
      35.2 KB · Views: 395

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Thank you for the heads-up and clear instructions on reverting. :thumbsup:

Personally I think it's going in the wrong direction. I'd like the option for 40/page or more. Several other forums I'm on have that option, and it makes reading easier as I can start a middle-click scroll and the sit back and read as they scroll by. With only 20/page (or worse, 10/page), I have to interrupt that and click to the next page more often.

Some forums (rx7club.com, for example, which also uses vBulletin) have continuous scrolling, where when I get to the bottom of a page, the next page loads beneath it and the scrolling continues. That's the coolest.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Ill be back in a month to accuse you of autonomous changes in the site behavior and ask why we can get a heads up when this stuff is done to us.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

Personally I think it's going in the wrong direction. I'd like the option for 40/page or more. Several other forums I'm on have that option, and it makes reading easier as I can start a middle-click scroll and the sit back and read as they scroll by. With only 20/page (or worse, 10/page), I have to interrupt that and click to the next page more often.

Some forums (rx7club.com, for example, which also uses vBulletin) have continuous scrolling, where when I get to the bottom of a page, the next page loads beneath it and the scrolling continues. That's the coolest.

I must agree, can we tack on an option to increase the number of posts per page? I'd load the whole damn thread at once if I could

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    Gotcha however for the longevity of how the forum runs that is not good at all for so many reasons to have it continuous or set at 40.

Most forums actually are set at 10.

Good news member can go to 20 and no issue. Folks coming in after will never notice nor would they leave the site simply because 10 posts load per page. The forums I am on are all 10.

Thanks for the feedback...

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    I also have no issue setting it at 10, 20 or 30 for members to start... See how that runs. The most important part would be 10 for visitors.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Gotcha however for the longevity of how the forum runs that is not good at all for so many reasons to have it continuous or set at 40.
    The most important part would be 10 for visitors.
    Understood and thank you for the follow up.

I thought about why it would make sense to go to fewer per page, and I can see there are very good reasons to keep it to a smaller number. Transfer volume, available bandwidth, etc. You set it the way you have to set it, I'll deal with it with a smile on my face. :) Thanks for your hard work. :thumbsup:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah i hate having to go to another page, way easier to just scroll down. but thx for the heads up and the way to enlarge it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Wow, we can now be like PAFOA , where 100 page threads are common, instead of rare.

( Not knocking the members or discussions at PAFOA, where I also belong . But the constant page clicking is a pain .)

It may be common in the internet industry, but I don't get out much . The S&W Collectors has lots of issues with not fitting my screen, and being hard to read , but posts per page isn't one of them.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I changed to 20 posts .

This was the sum cumulative total of my messing with internet stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom