Frederick vs. Winchester shows this weekend???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bethesda John

Feb 28, 2007
    Escaped to Virginia
    Two gun shows this weekend within a reasonable drive from MoCo but only time for one. I've been to a Frederick/Silverado show but never to a Winchester/Old Dominion event. Any opinons on which might be the better event? I'm mostly looking at milsurp rifles and reasonable prices on ammo.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    IMHO any gunshow in VA or PA is going to be better than a Maryland gunshow. My experience has always been that many MD dealers at shows are overpriced to the point of just being silly and there usually isn't a lot of milsurp stuff to pick from. Just my opinions anyway.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Agree with Zoosatation unless you're interested in buying any regulated firearms. Then things can become a hassle with the ffl's and many VA vendors don't want to deal with it. plus after transfer fees you might lose any savings over buying from an in state ffl.

Ammo, accesories and magazines will be more available at the Winchester show I suspect.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Maryland gun shows are for looking, out of state gun shows are for buying - mags, and other accessories at least.

Bethesda John

Feb 28, 2007
    Escaped to Virginia
    Made it to Winchester on Saturday. The show was about 1/3 the size as the Frederick Silverado event but not a big turnout at all. The couldn't fill the hockey arena where it was being held. The guns to beef jerky ratio was pretty good so there was less junk to pass over. Lots of handguns, hunting equipment, and black rifles but very little milsurp. The prices on guns were OK and the vendors seemed to be ready to make some deals. Magazines and accesories were priced to move but ammo was really high. Not a lot of familiarity with Maryland purchase requirements. No sales at all to MD residents -or- ANY long gun but no handguns seemed to be the two points of view. The Gander Mtn. right across the parking lot had a better selection than the show and the prices seemed to be about the same or even a bit lower, especially for ammo. All in all, worth the visit but not worth going again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom