• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Ok so an update. Still no communication. Wells Fargo assured me there never was a charge from TNTE. For some reason I feel like there was, but they scoured every account I have, and told me it never happened. Phew. So, they advised me to close that card they would give me one with a new number. They also told me it would not affect my credit if this company decided to charge me. So I emailed them today asking for a status for shits and giggles. We will see what happens. But I will say this...

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH TOP KNOTCH TOP ENDS

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Good to hear you're not out of money. :thumbsup:

Wonder how long these guys last, and when they change the name of their business after getting so many negative reviews.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Good to hear you're not out of money. :thumbsup:

Wonder how long these guys last, and when they change the name of their business after getting so many negative reviews.

They get slaughtered on other forums and even the better business bureau. This was entirely my fault for not researching sufficiently. But we can spread the word to help our fellow members not get the shaft. Even when I talked to the owner on the phone months ago, he was a condescending, dismissive *******. This is well documented on other forums too. :mad54:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    They get slaughtered on other forums and even the better business bureau. This was entirely my fault for not researching sufficiently. But we can spread the word to help our fellow members not get the shaft. Even when I talked to the owner on the phone months ago, he was a condescending, dismissive *******. This is well documented on other forums too. :mad54:

Glad you've got it taken care of.:thumbsup: but I still feel a little responsible for this. I can't agree with your assessment of the guy, you were way to kind.;)

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    So for anyone following this.. After another snotty email from the seller about why he was several weeks late with no communication...I dug into it again. Found out that we had in fact been charged, but had used a credit card that we RARELY use and didn't think to check. I called Chase and the lady said they were issuing me a chargeback. Lesson learned. Anyone done this before? Not sure what happens next.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    The bank will put a temporary credit on your account and then contact the merchant with the chargeback information. Normally the bank requests you to "formally" cancel the order to allow the merchant to just credit your account. Then proceeds with the chargeback if the merchant does not issue the credit for merchandise not received. You may get a call or a letter depending on the merchants response to the chargeback request.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Wonder if this is the same Top Notch outfit that used to make HK parts, and had another company that made so-so MP5 clones back in the late 90's and early 2000's. Sounds like the same M.O.
    It's not. Believe it or not, my single purchase experience with Top Notch Accessories was pretty decent and involved zero drama.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    The TNTE I'm dealing with is full of shit. "Can't get handguards". "Two weeks". "One week". Several months go by. Funny, AR15 Sport ran out and a week later they had more, and new uppers FINISHED. Tons of places have them in stock for good prices. He plays his "oh my duty schedule is tough lately" card. I don't wanna hear the firefighter excuse from this guy when he takes peoples money and takes months/years to get them a product. He isn't the only person around who has served somehow but likes to use it to his advantage. Forums across the interwebs have this place's stench all over them. His no refund/no cancellation policy says it all.

S C A M M E R

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    The TNTE I'm dealing with is full of shit. "Can't get handguards". "Two weeks". "One week". Several months go by. Funny, AR15 Sport ran out and a week later they had more, and new uppers FINISHED. Tons of places have them in stock for good prices. He plays his "oh my duty schedule is tough lately" card. I don't wanna hear the firefighter excuse from this guy when he takes peoples money and takes months/years to get them a product. He isn't the only person around who has served somehow but likes to use it to his advantage. Forums across the interwebs have this place's stench all over them. His no refund/no cancellation policy says it all.

S C A M M E R

Keep me posted, I'm anxious to hear his whining when the credit card company breaks one off in his ass.:party29:

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Keep me posted, I'm anxious to hear his whining when the credit card company breaks one off in his ass.:party29:

I've already blocked him every way I can think of. I also filled in the CC company about his profanity laced phone call in April. I hope I get my money back. I'm done with this criminal. I forgot to tell them about his refusal to cancel my order and refund my money but I think my case is strong enough. I DID mention his BBB complaints.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I've already blocked him every way I can think of. I also filled in the CC company about his profanity laced phone call in April. I hope I get my money back. I'm done with this criminal. I forgot to tell them about his refusal to cancel my order and refund my money but I think my case is strong enough. I DID mention his BBB complaints.

I think you'll be fine, the card company's seem to side with the consumer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom