• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    MBUS are fine for HD rifles. If you decide later you want Troy or YHM, wait for a sale. Sign up for Primary Arms emails if you haven't since PA has a Troy half-off sale once or twice a year.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    No doubt there are worthless buis as well. Metallic doesn't always spell "better". YHM makes some pretty decent irons as do Troy and others. I admit I have magpul bus on a gun. They're better than nothing.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    MBUIS are standard issue on Colt LE6920/6921 carbines, thousands are handed out to uniformed folks to bet their life on, they are proven, so definitely yes and yes. Of course as has been mentioned a front MBUIS should be rail mounted, not gas block mounted, or pair a rear MBUIS with a standard pinned FSB for about the most reliable sight setup a flat-top can have

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I own a whole bunch of BUIS of various types... YHM, Troy, KAC, Magpul, LPA, etc.

As long as you're buying from a quality manufacturer, I've never noticed much difference. Mine spend 99.9% of their time folded up, and if I dropped my rifle, the optic on it would be taking most of the hit anyways. Polymer MBUS are perfectly fine, IMHO.

I will say that the tool-less elevation adjustment on the MBUS Pro front sight is pretty neat, and that it would be my choice for a same-plane gas block setup.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    still too broke now =(
    Don't worry. The polymer ones you already have are quite nice. I got the one in the previous link and took some pics today ...

72946ef33b5d300601a69eaaac4786cb.jpg

5d3d38c18e6a13aa59436383f9370f7c.jpg

50d2d05ac70fff1067d09028793d6254.jpg

90a24a22b4425cba3f0d719e64e0a9d8.jpg

... and you know what? I like the ease with which the polymer one flips up, and the ability to get a firmer purchase on it. I'll still use the metal rear sight for a specific build (and see how it can save a little rail space), but next time will save money and just get a polymer rear.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom