• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Back in July I bought a Sig 226 9mm. Well functioned fine for 2 months then magazines started dropping /disengaging while shooting. Sent it back to Sig end of October. Guess I am still a month out getting it back. Not happy ,darn thing was to me a lot of money . Loved it when it worked but know faith in it now/ when I get it back. Am an older guy so I wanted what I considered top shelf handgun. Anyway thinking getting a Glock. Yes Glock. Not a hater just never a fan. Ugly to me. But assume it will function . Have a Rutger P89 that I have had for years never 1 issue. Recreational shooter definitely foresee a Vaquero in my future. Guess my question to all your opinion give Sig a chance . I know things happen but heck only put about 700 rounds through it . Chose the Sig over a Berreta. Wife says only one . Desicions desicions.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    You will lose money if you sell it, probably a lot of money. Glock has a weird grip angle which I'm personally fond of but absolutely try one before you buy it.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    There have been a heck of a lot of P226's sold, if this were a design defect it would have been worked out long ago. I would assume you had a manufacturing defect in your magazine catch, which is trivial to swap out.

Maybe it was too short, maybe the tip was rounded (that's what she said!).

I'd give it a chance when it comes back... if you like the gun and the problem doesn't reoccur then there's no reason not to trust it.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Don't give up on it until you get it back and try it.

If it's not good for you, how about another Ruger?

Something about the American compact 9mm appeals to me.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    My P226 Legion is the finest shooting handgun I own. Sig makes a good product. Give them the chance to make it right.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Thanks guys. Ya was looking at a Ruger security nine. Nice reset on trigger feels good. Was very happy with the Sig butttt. Wish I would have just taken it to a local gunsmith probably would have had it back by now. I know it’s under warranty and I would have had to pay if I did not send it back to them but I sure dislike the wait. I was talked out of the Berreta M9 which I am very familiar with . Shot my friends Sig and liked it. For now just have to keep the dust off the ole 1911 till I get her back . 9 is justinexpensive to shoot compared to that. Thank you again for the feedback it was reassuring and don’t want to take a price loss that’s for darn sure.

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    I own a small fortune in handguns but my 226’s are the favorite of the collection - with my 226 Legion SAO being the absolute favorite... Every time I buy something else, I tend to regret because I could have bought another 226... Its a great pistol. If you don’t enjoy, find someone to go through it and you will..

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I don't want to hijack but is the SAO Legion trigger have the same overtravel adjustment screw or is it different all together?

I have been trying to get the GreyGuns flat dual adjustment trigger forever buts its always out of stock.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I own a small fortune in handguns but my 226’s are the favorite of the collection - with my 226 Legion SAO being the absolute favorite... Every time I buy something else, I tend to regret because I could have bought another 226... Its a great pistol. If you don’t enjoy, find someone to go through it and you will..
    Yeah, I think the Sig P226 Legion SAO is destined to become one of their pistols that people reminisce with great affection about 10-20 years after they fall out of production (as there will be an inevitable interval of diminished interest).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    I don't want to hijack but is the SAO Legion trigger have the same overtravel adjustment screw or is it different all together?

I have been trying to get the GreyGuns flat dual adjustment trigger forever buts its always out of stock.

Its different. Doesn’t have the adjustment but honestly, its doesn’t need it. My one DA/SA 226 has all the GG goodies in it, and I like the SAO a tad better. The only complaint for me was the xray sights, theres better.. I put a set of the below on my Legion and that did the trick..

https://www.opticsplanet.com/tru-tg13sg1pc-tfx-pro-sig-8-8-set.html

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co

I can't say on the SAO, but I'm like 99% sure my Legion DA/SA trigger is adjustable for travel with a little screw. I'd have to pull it out and look at it to be completely sure.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    My P226s have been flawless. Great guns, if you don’t have the SRT trigger I recommend you call sig while they have it and get it installed. I also prefer the reduced reach trigger too.
    2n9j4zp.jpg

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    My experience with Sigs, and I carried one for about 15 years out of 25 on duty, is that they can often be very fussy out of the box. But once you break them in and get any bugs worked out, you're going to have about as good a handgun as you possibly could.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I can't say on the SAO, but I'm like 99% sure my Legion DA/SA trigger is adjustable for travel with a little screw. I'd have to pull it out and look at it to be completely sure.
    Yes, it's fully adjustable. If you think the trigger is good now wait till you adjust it. Turn it till the hammer won't drop then back it out, with pressure on the trigger, until the hammer falls. Then turn it 1/4 more. According to Bruce Grey that is the optimal setting. Also, the first run of Legions came with a 17lb hammer spring. Rumor has it Sig changed it to 20lb which is what is in the standard P226. I don't know how you check what the weight is but greyguns.com sells the 17lb spring. Trigger is so responsive and light I won't put it in the self defense safe near the bed. I told my wife, because of this, we are forced to get another gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom