• c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Just got my 54r Vepr recently and looking at some side mounts:

Midwest industry : $110

Amazon Tacksport (Midwest clone) $43

UTG pro : $50

It's spending $110 worth the money, or the other two will do the job?

Or perhaps you have you a better mount, please share!

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Just got my 54r Vepr recently and looking at some side mounts:

Midwest industry : $110

Amazon Tacksport (Midwest clone) $43

UTG pro : $50

It's spending $110 worth the money, or the other two will do the job?

Or perhaps you have you a better mount, please share!

I heard good things about the Midwest Industry mount. Mine arrived yesterday and I have to say I'm impressed with the quality and ease of installation. I have it on an Arsenal SLR-104-31. It fits very close to the top of the receiver, which means you have to remove it to clean the rifle. I understand that's not a problem because it holds zero when reinstalled in the same slot. I don't know anything about the other two.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    I heard good things about the Midwest Industry mount. Mine arrived yesterday and I have to say I'm impressed with the quality and ease of installation. I have it on an Arsenal SLR-104-31. It fits very close to the top of the receiver, which means you have to remove it to clean the rifle. I understand that's not a problem because it holds zero when reinstalled in the same slot. I don't know anything about the other two.

Does the mount centered? I have heard they are tented towards to the left. And how many shots you have gone through?

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Does the mount centered? I have heard they are tented towards to the left. And how many shots you have gone through?

I just mounted it and have yet to get it to the range. My observations were about its quality construction and ease of installation. I'll take it to the range this coming Sunday and report back on sighting it in.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    With the RS Regulate, you can move the upper portion back and forth to get it to center over the bore. I've got an RS on one of my AKs and I love it. It holds zero too when I knock the rifle over or remove the optic and throw it.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    With the RS Regulate, you can move the upper portion back and forth to get it to center over the bore. I've got an RS on one of my AKs and I love it. It holds zero too when I knock the rifle over or remove the optic and throw it.

I just literately scored a vortex crossfire 6-18x44 for $145 shipped and what rings are you running?

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I just literately scored a vortex crossfire 6-18x44 for $145 shipped and what rings are you running?

I just have a Vortex Strikefire on that AK, so a single 30mm AKM ring. It's low enough to cowitness the irons too. The one thing I don't like about it is that I can't get the bolt carrier out without removing the optic. I've considered switching to an Aimpoint Micro setup to solve that, but it's my beater $50 AK.

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD

But the way, does it centered? After looking at the RS regulate, that's a bit over my price, about $200-$220

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I just mounted it and have yet to get it to the range. My observations were about its quality construction and ease of installation. I'll take it to the range this coming Sunday and report back on sighting it in.

OK, I got it to the range today and ran 60 rounds through it after sighting it in at 25 yards.

My set up included a TRS-25 red dot with a UTG 3X magnifier behind it. Given the height of the magnifier, I mounted the red dot on a 1 inch riser and the alignment was perfect. The first shots were about 1/2 inch left of the point of aim and quite low (which is to be expected with the riser). I adjusted the elevation and made a very slight adjustment to the windage and my next shots were in the center. The remaining 50 shots were dead on. The next test will be after I take the mount off to clean the rifle, then put it back on. I won't get to the range again for a few days. I'll only report back if it doesn't hold zero.

By the way, for those that missed it, AGC had a great automatic weapons/machinegun static display today and a live demonstration of a .308 machine gun at 100 yards. Impressive!

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    OK, I got it to the range today and ran 60 rounds through it after sighting it in at 25 yards.

My set up included a TRS-25 red dot with a UTG 3X magnifier behind it. Given the height of the magnifier, I mounted the red dot on a 1 inch riser and the alignment was perfect. The first shots were about 1/2 inch left of the point of aim and quite low (which is to be expected with the riser). I adjusted the elevation and made a very slight adjustment to the windage and my next shots were in the center. The remaining 50 shots were dead on. The next test will be after I take the mount off to clean the rifle, then put it back on. I won't get to the range again for a few days. I'll only report back if it doesn't hold zero.

By the way, for those that missed it, AGC had a great automatic weapons/machinegun static display today and a live demonstration of a .308 machine gun at 100 yards. Impressive!

Guess it's a good thing that you didn't report back! Anyway, did your side mount top rail align with the Vepr rear sight? I know that you didn't mount a scope, but what height of rings do you think I need? Maybe medium? FYI, the rifle might suited with SVD style furnitures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom