• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    This bill was introduced yesterday (by a Baltimore City delegate of all people). We wouldnt really be gaining anything, and they are trying to limit the time of Sunday firearms hunting to 1030am. Bad bill..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Alert MHC.org

Maryland Hunting Coalition were quick to condemn it, as they were quick to condemn the recent hunter protest on their Facebook Page. It will make no difference though.

They have about as much influence with the legislature as we do. If you’ve seen the pics of the turnout for Blaze and Camo Day in Annapolis, it was about ½ that of 2A Tuesday attendance. A fancy web page and a graphics adorned RV won’t make an impact on the Sunday hunting bill or for that matter Raskin’s bill requiring background checks for ALL rifles and shotguns, and the gun-grabbing DemocRATS know it. Although they may just throw MHC a bone to get their support, then fvck them over after they get re-elected,

We’ve got to be more aggressive regardless of whether the ‘hunting coalition’ is being supportive of us or the Democrat legislature. Just like with other gun-rights orgs, not every hunter is in lock step with MHC.org. There are 1,000’s of independent MD hunters who wouldn't know them if they passed over their Facebook page. They are a single-issue advocacy group who are ONLY concerned about Sunday hunting and poaching. And I’m sorry to say, but the Democrat-controlled legislature probably think of them as Fudds and will ignore them also.

Attachments

• MHC 1.JPG
      MHC 1.JPG
      21.2 KB · Views: 373
    • MHC 2.JPG
      MHC 2.JPG
      94 KB · Views: 373

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland Hunting Coalition were quick to condemn it, as they were quick to condemn the recent hunter protest on their Facebook Page. It will make no difference though.

They have about as much influence with the legislature as we do. If you’ve seen the pics of the turnout for Blaze and Camo Day in Annapolis, it was about ½ that of 2A Tuesday attendance. A fancy web page and a graphics adorned RV won’t make an impact on the Sunday hunting bill or for that matter Raskin’s bill requiring background checks for ALL rifles and shotguns, and the gun-grabbing DemocRATS know it. Although they may just throw MHC a bone to get their support, then fvck them over after they get re-elected,

We’ve got to be more aggressive regardless of whether the ‘hunting coalition’ is being supportive of us or the Democrat legislature. Just like with other gun-rights orgs, not every hunter is in lock step with MHC.org. There are 1,000’s of independent MD hunters who wouldn't know them if they passed over their Facebook page. They are a single-issue advocacy group who are ONLY concerned about Sunday hunting and poaching. And I’m sorry to say, but the Democrat-controlled legislature probably think of them as Fudds and will ignore them also.
    What does that have to do with the bill in question. They condemned it as they should. Whether or not they are supportive in relation to gun issues is an entirely different topic. I just posted the topic of the bill here to make it known to the other members here that hunt. This issue isnt just with the dems in Annapolis. Both of my republican reps in Harford voted against positive Sunday hunting bills last year.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    EL1227 - I don't think so for the reason that they have something we don't; a high paid full-time lobbyist who is in Annapolis every day knocking on doors and talking to legislators. I am sure he had bought more than one three martini lunch in his time. Now it depends if the fox hunt group has better representation or tosses more money into the pot. The bidding war is on.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    EL1227 - I don't think so for the reason that they have something we don't; a high paid full-time lobbyist who is in Annapolis every day knocking on doors and talking to legislators. I am sure he had bought more than one three martini lunch in his time. Now it depends if the fox hunt group has better representation or tosses more money into the pot. The bidding war is on.

My point exactly ... The legislators are bought and paid for, and MD Hunting Coalition will be the first to whine when they are required to use an FFL to transact a face-to-face purchase for some fancy privately-owned Benelli they've had their eye on ... a la Raskin's bill.

Info source for the 'illustration' below - WaPo.com Feb 10, 2016
    Md. Democrats pushing to strengthen state’s already strict gun laws

SENATE BILL 947 - By: Senators Raskin, Benson, Conway, Feldman, Ferguson, Kagan, Lee, Madaleno, Muse, Nathan–Pulliam, and Zucker

Public Safety – Rifles and Shotguns – Secondary Transactions

FOR the purpose of providing that a person who is not a certain licensee may not complete the transfer of a certain rifle or shotgun in a certain role, except under certain circumstances; requiring, before a certain transfer is conducted, the transferor and transferee to meet jointly with a certain licensee and request that the licensee facilitate the transfer;

Hey MHC, have a nibble on that Sunday Hunting Bill 'cheese' ... :innocent0

Attachments

• MD Democrats pushing to strengthen state’s already strict.jpg
      MD Democrats pushing to strengthen state’s already strict.jpg
      94.7 KB · Views: 357
    Last edited:

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    The guys in the picture are private citizenships not affiliated with MHC. Good guys trying to make a difference fighting for 2a on our side.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    My point exactly ... The legislators are bought and paid for, and MD Hunting Coalition will be the first to whine when they are required to use an FFL to transact a face-to-face purchase for some fancy privately-owned Benelli they've had their eye on ... a la Raskin's bill.

Info source for the 'illustration' below - WaPo.com Feb 10, 2016
    Md. Democrats pushing to strengthen state’s already strict gun laws

SENATE BILL 947 - By: Senators Raskin, Benson, Conway, Feldman, Ferguson, Kagan, Lee, Madaleno, Muse, Nathan–Pulliam, and Zucker

Hey MHC, have a nibble on that Sunday Hunting Bill 'cheese' ... :innocent0

"Quote:
    Public Safety – Rifles and Shotguns – Secondary Transactions

FOR the purpose of providing that a person who is not a certain licensee may not complete the transfer of a certain rifle or shotgun in a certain role, except under certain circumstances; requiring, before a certain transfer is conducted, the transferor and transferee to meet jointly with a certain licensee and request that the licensee facilitate the transfer; "

That certainly imposes a certain burden and certain expense to the exercise of certain constitutional rights without any certain benefit to any certain person or any certain society. It also is certain to cause a certain concern among certain members of society who have certainly been assured that certain of their rights were not under attack or threat by certain politicians, because it certainly proves that those certain politicians lied, and therefore certainly should not enjoy certain voters' trust. The legislation is certain to exacerbate a certain constituency's anger toward certain politicians, who certainly need to be relieved from holding certain political office. That is certain.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I just read SB947 and it's sounds like the FFLs wrote that one. If I read it wrong please correct me. It would make just about every long gun (rifle/shotgun) sale/transfer no longer FTF but must go thru a FFL who may charge a reasonable fee (what they SET as a reasonable fee, some will be fair but others?). Doesn't say word about being able to go to MSP to run a NICS check while you wait for say $10.00, Nice. Also just another step for the anti-gun crew to their goal. It is nothing more then the registration of as many firearms as they can get. And we all know what would come next. Chris

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Think of the body shops losing business

Lol! just got my F-350 out of the body shop yesterday for two separate deer accidents. One was done on the way to deer hunt, the other done on the way home from a deer hunt. I'm still ahead of the deer in total numbers though.:D

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    this is just rumor but I heard it was for horse riders so they could go out on public lands to ride around and not get shot at:shrug: I know that opens a can of worms..

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    this is just rumor but I heard it was for horse riders so they could go out on public lands to ride around and not get shot at:shrug: I know that opens a can of worms..
    That seems to be consensus on what ive heard.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    That seems to be consensus on what ive heard.

Yeah I didnt think there were that many horse riders in MD to be able to sway the laws and if you are shooting at a horse thinking its a deer you got some problems any how...just made me shake my head at the no Sunday hunting law in MD...

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The fact that the limited number of Richie Rich horse people have this much power over thousands of MD hunters shows how effective highly paid lobbyists are.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I just read SB947 and it's sounds like the FFLs wrote that one. If I read it wrong please correct me. It would make just about every long gun (rifle/shotgun) sale/transfer no longer FTF but must go thru a FFL who may charge a reasonable fee (what they SET as a reasonable fee, some will be fair but others?). Doesn't say word about being able to go to MSP to run a NICS check while you wait for say $10.00, Nice. Also just another step for the anti-gun crew to their goal. It is nothing more then the registration of as many firearms as they can get. And we all know what would come next. Chris

So, they're courting the FFL's by making it a profit center for them?

What about the dwindling number of FFL's, thanks in part to FSA2013, and the growing burden and inconvenience of having to find one, go there, and pay yet another a fee to exercise one's Constitutional rights?

This is another poll tax, piled on top of yet another i.d. regimen, all of which the Dems screech about at the tops of their lungs when it's ever suggested in the context of voting or any of their pet causes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom