TENN to Slam Dunk M855 Ban - Fed Gun Control Efforts.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    A few states passed similar laws saying that any firearm built in state and sold in state didn't have to go through NICs nor follow any Fed regs, as the gubmint only has the constitutional authority to regulate interstate commerce. To my knowledge, dealers in those states are still complying with Fed laws and have not actually challenged their BATFE field agents. If there are "unlicensed" manufacturers selling directly to the public, that hasn't popped up on the radar yet.

I applaud all the people pushing these nullification laws through their respective legistlatures, even if it's a bit of political theater. It gives me hope that there are still rational people out there who understand what the grabbers are trying to do and head them off at the pass. For every Froshy law that gets passed in MD, there's a balance somewhere out in free 'Merica. :party29:

yep. 100% agree. too bad Maryland can't do it. Get 35 states to do it.

he 1997 case, Printz v. US serves as the cornerstone. In it, Justice Scalia held:
    The Federal Government may neither issue directives requiring the States to address particular problems, nor command the States’ officers, or those of their political subdivisions, to administer or enforce a federal regulatory program.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Found this to fight back however we can from one of my news letters... I sent it in, was easy...

The post featured a link to SaveM855.com. The website allows users to enter their zip code and quickly fire off a fax to their representatives in Washington regarding the BATFE's attempt to ban common "green tip" M855 sporting ammunition.

Every little bit helps...

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    What happens when the Fed says, "ok great, you don't want to play ball with our directives on gun control, maybe we will lose your federal grants for road construction?"

Assuming they could afford it, I would say GOOD. Just one more thing not within the purview of the Federal Government. Why the hell does the state give the federal government money and then have to jump through hoops to get it back. Feds have no business building or funding roads of any kind. Tennessee should tell them to f*ck off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom