• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Concur with the others...you really do not want to live in CB or Brooklyn Park...that's the wrong direction from the CG Yard....you want to go in the other direction.

There a good number of nice communities that are serviced by Northeast High School....

Severna Park HIgh is probably a little nicer school (Go Falcons, class of '70) but the area serviced by it is a little more pricey.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Where I live in Crownsville (Arden) is in the aforementioned Old Mill district. My kids went to HS in their mothers district.
    I've worked with a number of youth in my church who went to Old Mill as well having my nieces go there. It's a decent school. Someone mentioned Pasadena....Chesapeake used to be a pretty good school...I just don't know any kids (that I can think of) who have gone there lately. Northeast had a so-so reputation many years ago, but I can't speak to it more recently. I would still say if you can find something in your price range in Arnold or Severna Park you'd be very happy with the school. Arden on the Severn in Crownsville is a nice Water Privileged community (several community beaches and boat launching ramps). Prices from about $280k - 1million (for prime waterfront). Also a pretty good recreation area (Arden Fields - soccer, baseball, lacrosse, field hockey, etc)

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Concur with the others...you really do not want to live in CB or Brooklyn Park...that's the wrong direction from the CG Yard....you want to go in the other direction.

There a good number of nice communities that are serviced by Northeast High School....

Severna Park HIgh is probably a little nicer school (Go Falcons, class of '70) but the area serviced by it is a little more pricey.

Hey there fellow Falcon! :)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My daughter goes to Northeast. Graduates this year. School was fine and she had no problems there. Yay for my probable Valedictorian :)

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I'd look in at the area between/along Rt.100 & Rt. 32 from eastern Severn (east of RR) to the bay. Prices vary widely, but the area is generally decent with good schools.

Go Falcons, class of '76

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Once again, thanks to all for you input. I haven't spoken to Cassandra to see if she has followed this link yet. I will do a C&P on comments and pass them on to the family. I'll say now on behalf of the family "Thank You".

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Crofton seems to be a nice area too. Have a bunch of friends who live in Millersville and really like it.

Crofton is beautiful but too close to DC ... commuters with fat paychecks living there, one of the priciest locales in the whole state.

Most commuters live on the north side of Baltimore Harbor, so a southside commute like Millersville, Glen Burnie, Pasadena will avoid that daily jam up getting onto I-95 to slide on up to the decent neighborhoods on the north side.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Curtis Bay is a sh!thole. There is no place I'd ever consider living in Curtis Bay. It's industrial, full of drugs and prostitutes, sh!itty bars, smells horrible and the homes are for the most part run down dumps. I've worked there for 15 yrs, I know it well.

Good news is there are plenty of places within 15-30 minute drive that are nice. Severna Park, Arnold, Severn, Crownsville, Edgemere have nice parts or around the other way Timonium or Towson, though you would have to cross the bridge or tunnel each day. Rentals for 4 bedrooms are going to be expensive in these parts.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    As everyone said avoid Curtis Bay and Brooklyn. I live in Edgemere/Sparrows Point and work at the CG Yard. It is a around 8 miles for me and takes a little under 15 min. I would recommend the area or Pasadena/Riveria Beach since its so close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom