• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    I don't boycott, I just happen to [intentionally and only] support businesses that support me.

FIFY ;)

But seriously, this is pretty much how I operate as well. If you boycott everywhere you find some fault with you eventually (and probably pretty quickly) wind up living Amish.

This happens to be the first time I'm actually choosing to stop doing business with a company.

Buffalo Wild Wings was never here or there for me, so probably wont go there, and don't feel like sending a message will actually do much.

But for a vendor who is essentially in the same boat as we are; they rely on the 2a and suffer directly and immediately when it is crippled, to have them voluntarily cede ground and effectively aid the opposition because they "still have room to fallback", that requires sending a message.

Its like when the enemy is making ground, the artillery saying to the foot solider "this is your guys fight at this point, we just want to keep our hands clean". They can only do that for so long before they have to admit they are now the front line.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Just shot the following, you never know when you will reach the right persons ear in the right way. I'd say keep hitting them up for now. They took the lazy approach, and effectively used the same reasoning as Frosh and team when considering what to ban "Someone might do something wrong with this otherwise legal item, so we need to ban it"

Excellent letter.

This should be model of how to get results..

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    They DO sell many, many items that are not controversial. That's my point. Gun parts and ammo is just a portion of their portfolio and they feel that the benefit of sales to Marylanders is not worth the hassles, period. The world doesn't revolve just around Maryland gun owners regardless of how much we want to believe it does. But go ahead, keep adding businesses to your list as if it's THEIR fault this state is totally screwed up with their gun laws.

The problem is the hecklers veto makes everything controversial in time.

Legal extortion is still extortion... that's what happens when threats like the AG makes are tolerated..

It is not unreasonable to respond in kind.

The recent cancelation of the sportsman show in pa comes to Mind.. they are free to choose and so are we.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    The problem is the hecklers veto makes everything controversial in time.

Legal extortion is still extortion... that's what happens when threats like the AG makes are tolerated..

It is not unreasonable to respond in kind.

The recent cancelation of the sportsman show in pa comes to Mind.. they are free to choose and so are we.
    And to take it one step further we have to be honest that money talks.

We all cheered when Beretta took the stand for SB281 because while they had the same vested interest as us, they had a bigger stick to carry.

Nationally we need vendors/manufacturers on our side. At this point we still have to convince some of them that this is their fight as well as ours. And like we know...money talks :)

Hopefully every gun related business will stop selling to MD residents (and LE agencies, too).

Total, complete, industry-wide boycott. Not a single firearm related item would be shipped here, ever.

That would be the perfect outcome. The industry would actually be doing all of you a favor by doing this, as it would force you to leave this sh!thole...

Either that, or a all-out state ban on firearm possession. Yes, it would fly in the face of Heller. And it would take years for it to work it's way back up to SCOTUS to get smacked down again (assuming the court doesn't go full-dem appointees soon). But in the meantime, it would be law, and the state would enforce it like it was the most important thing they could do.

Trouble is, some of you guys would still not move to America.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Hopefully every gun related business will stop selling to MD residents (and LE agencies, too).

Total, complete, industry-wide boycott. Not a single firearm related item would be shipped here, ever.

That would be the perfect outcome. The industry would actually be doing all of you a favor by doing this, as it would force you to leave this sh!thole...

Trouble is, some of you guys would still not move to America
    Riiiiight, let Hitler have Paris, hes already got it, and there's plenty of Europe left to defend :rolleyes:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

Either that, or a all-out state ban on firearm possession. Yes, it would fly in the face of Heller. And it would take years for it to work it's way back up to SCOTUS to get smacked down again (assuming the court doesn't go full-dem appointees soon). But in the meantime, it would be law, and the state would enforce it like it was the most important thing they could do.

Trouble is, some of you guys would still not move to America.

:lol:

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    They DO sell many, many items that are not controversial. That's my point. Gun parts and ammo is just a portion of their portfolio and they feel that the benefit of sales to Marylanders is not worth the hassles, period. The world doesn't revolve just around Maryland gun owners regardless of how much we want to believe it does. But go ahead, keep adding businesses to your list as if it's THEIR fault this state is totally screwed up with their gun laws.
    it's not their fault this state has bad laws. but it's their fault they're taking actions that indicate they don't want me as a customer. it's not about the world "revolving around Maryland gun owners," it's about businesses serving Maryland gun owners at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom