• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Figured I would chime in, I presently live in Frederick City and have not done any shooting for close to 20 yrs. A friend and new to be local business turned me on to this site the a couple of months ago. I have always loved firearms since I first shot one at age 6 or 7, which of course really pissed my mother off. Got to thank our neighbor for that one.

In my late teens and early 20's my roommate owned several rifles and pistols and had property out in WV. With all of that blasting away I purchased an SKS in the early 90's, for which I still own. Unfortunately, it has laid dormant since. Never could part with it since it was always accurate, never jammed and is fun as hell to shoot. Thanks to idiot O'Malley and his ignorant henchmen (plus my friend) I am getting back into shooting. Since I'm looking at purchasing quite a few new guns I also sent in my DC to the MSP the other week. PLUS, now my wife is interested in getting into guns because of O'Malley! I guess that's ONE good thing he's done.

Right now I have a deposit/ hold down on an FN 5Seven, cannot wait for it, it is making me really antsy when I think about it. Will also be purchasing a 9 and 22LR in the next couple of weeks. Or maybe an AR-15 or 10 prior to the 1st.

I can go on and on but, I will just say "Hey, from Frederick.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Thanks Dave,

I've been through those links quite a few times and there is a lot of great info in there.

I forgot to mention I will definitely be up at the Gettysburg show next weekend, preferably early on Saturday.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy.

www.marylandshallissue.org

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome. But seriously if you sent that DC application in the last two weeks , you need to begin formulating your Plan B already. The DC letter won't be back until long after the point of no return for handguns. Start thinking Rifles ( or recievers thereof) and purchase orders.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Welcome. But seriously if you sent that DC application in the last two weeks , you need to begin formulating your Plan B already. The DC letter won't be back until long after the point of no return for handguns. Start thinking Rifles ( or recievers thereof) and purchase orders.

I definitely have a few rifles in mind but my understanding is even after the "1st" the pistols will come with the 10 round mags instead of the 15+ but you would still be limited to one every thirty days without the DC. As for the "real" mags you always have PA, VA, WV and so forth. Gee, how many people bring cigarettes and alcohol across borders without paying the proper tax stamps, I see mags the same way.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Question, how come when you created your MDS name you picked the name of a type of optical glass (although you left out the hyphen)? Only reason I ask is besides being a competitive shooter I have been an amateur astronomer for over 50 years.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Question, how come when you created your MDS name you picked the name of a type of optical glass (although you left out the hyphen)? Only reason I ask is besides being a competitive shooter I have been an amateur astronomer for over 50 years.

Cause I'm an astro-geek too. Almost went with LZOS and OK4 but I figured FPL is close to FFL. I'm glad someone noticed! I was trying to go event horizon but it was already taken. I've got three refractors, two regulars and one Hydrogen Alpha. Damn, I guess I could have been EllermanBombs.

I grew up in Rockville in the 70's and amazingly, back then, you could see the milky way every night. I can't even see it in my part of Frederick. Light pollution sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    O'Malley helped motive me to get my most recent acquisition, too... Hooray fear!

And welcome from Charm City!

Nice G17! I looked at a couple of Glocks. I'm on a waiting list (waiting for it to come in to the gun store) for an FN 5seveN. I'd like to pick up something beforehand but knowing my luck as soon as I pick up the something else the FN will come in.

I'm thinking of taking my chances though, might pick up a Ruger 22 pistol with a threaded barrel this weekend. Or, maybe a 9 so I can get the larger magazines. Decisions, decisions!

Let's see what I find in Gettysburg tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom