• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    My letter to Frosh and rest of committee members.

Senator Frosh,

I attended the hearing of the Senate Judiciary committee on Feb 6th, 2013 with 4,000 of my closest friends. As you may know the fire marshal had to close the doors because there was too many people there to oppose SB0281. I waited in line with my friends for five hours to register my opposition to SB0281, some waited longer. The way time was divided 50-50 between proponents of the bill, and opponents of the bill was very unfair considering opposition to the bill was 99-1, it is a matter of record, you can look up the numbers of those opposed to the bill. You can count on us to be there on March 5th, 2013 also to oppose similar bills, and any other day were the rights of law abiding citizens will be violated. If this bill is not voted "un-favorable", it will be brought to light the number of people that waited in line all day to voice their opposition to bill SB0281. If the bill then proceeds to an open vote you can count on a referendum on the bill, and a referendum on all those who voted in favor of the bill.
    Do us all a favor and put this poorly written and over reaching bill to bed.

I would like to remind you that when you serve on the judiciary committee you represent all Maryland citizens, not just those in your district. As such I am asking you faithfully represent the views of those 4,000, who represent and have influence over the rest of the citizens of Maryland who waited in the cold to voice and register their opinion in opposition to bill SB0281.

LCPIWB
    Natural Born Maryland Citizen since birth

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    I sent mine here:

baeditor@examiner.com
    balt.letters@baltimoreexaminer.com
    capletts@capitalgazette.com
    gazletters@mdgazette.com
    letters@washpost.com[/email
    jim.lee@carrollcountytimes.com
    letters@bladenews.com
    abreck@somdnews.com
    letters@gazette.net
    info@dundalkeagle.net

"baeditor" came back bad address and the "washpost" came back with a 200 word limit and exclusivity requirement. Nothing from any of the others.

I got the addresses from the sticky "Letter to the editors" at the top of the page.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    I just resent to the two direct addresses you provided martin.baron and mary.corey. The mdazette must have gone through the first time as I had the same address as you provided. Thanks for the info and maybe it will get out in the wild. I pray that it can make a difference but I don't expect anything. Anyway, we gotta try right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom