• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    I'm sure there are many threads about this but I just wanted to start a thread to specifically answer my question. I have a few :innocent0 pistol magazines that are over 10 rounds purchased a long time ago. I want to start thinning my heard so to speak. I was told by a Maryland FFL just today that i can sell them and ship them to legal states without any issues or breaking any laws.

I was always under the impression that I was not allowed to "ship" "sell" or "buy" any magazine that holds more than 10 rounds from Maryland even into a legally accepting state. That I had to drive to Delaware or PA to buy and ship the magazines for the transaction to be legal.

Can someone actually post a link that I can verify this info? Last thing I want is get some huge fine for selling a Magazine over 10 rounds a and shipping it.

Thanks!

I found this thread but none of the answers where for certain
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=238709&highlight=selling+magazines

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm sure there are many threads about this but I just wanted to start a thread to specifically answer my question. I have a few :innocent0 pistol magazines that are over 10 rounds purchased a long time ago. I want to start thinning my heard so to speak. I was told by a Maryland FFL just today that i can sell them and ship them to legal states without any issues or breaking any laws.
    Strict reading of the law would imply you could not. The reality on the ground is that the MSP isn't going to charge people with offering to sell or selling mags out of state, especially given the interstate nature of that (like, where is the offer posted?).

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Strict reading of the law would imply you could not. The reality on the ground is that the MSP isn't going to charge people with offering to sell or selling mags out of state, especially given the interstate nature of that (like, where is the offer posted?).
    That's all well and good, except it wo t be the MSP who charges you, it will be AG Frosh's office. Then you can look for the strict letter of the law to fick up your day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    (b) A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

Just take them along with you the next time you vacation in the Real United States and sell them then.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    It is a Maryland law. Pretty sure it would be in violation of the federal freedom of interstate commerce law if they prohibited sales to states where legal!

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    It is a Maryland law. Pretty sure it would be in violation of the federal freedom of interstate commerce law if they prohibited sales to states where legal!
    And when you get done selling your house to pay your lawyers to prove that belief, you'll wish you would have just kept that $30 magazine.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Without doing an extensive search of the text, I'm pretty sure you can sell them to a Maryland FFL who can then legally sell them to free Americans. There might also be a fairly active demand for them at the Chantilly gun show later this month.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Sell?

What is this term? I do not know the word SELL.

Must be new to the lexicon.

:lol::lol:

:lol2::lol2:

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    And when you get done selling your house to pay your lawyers to prove that belief, you'll wish you would have just kept that $30 magazine.

This is one of the primary reasons we have to endure stupid laws infringing upon our freedoms. It's much cheaper to not have principles. Well, to some it is.:sad20:

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    This is one of the primary reasons we have to endure stupid laws infringing upon our freedoms. It's much cheaper to not have principles. Well, to some it is.:sad20:
    Well then why don't you step up and fight the fight Instead of bringing other people's principles into question. Or are you one of those "some" you refer to?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Read the letter posted.

AFAIK, it would depend on whether you were giving them to that unrelated person. Or, they were being shipped there for you to pick up later and bring back into the state.

But bottom line is, if the FFL won't do it, it doesn't matter what YOU think the rules are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom