BEL AIR, MD 21014

ADMISSION: $5.00 PER PERSON

GREAT LUNCH MENU!
    PIT BEEF, PIT TURKEY OR PIT HAM W/CHIPS $7 EACH
    HOT OR MILD ITALIAN SAUSAGE $4 EACH
    BOTTLE WATER OR SODA $1 EACH

ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES PROHIBITED DURING THE SHOW

**ALL FIREARMS MUST BE UNLOADED AND WILL BE CHECKED**

COME OUT TO BUILD YOUR GUN, AMMO AND ACCESSORY WANTS AND NEEDS! PROCEEDS FROM THIS SHOW WILL BE SUPPORTING THE AMERICAN LEGION POST #39 AND SONS OF THE AMERICAN LEGION POST #39 SO WE CAN CONTINUE TO HELP U.S. MILITARY VETERANS!

I'm just posting I have no affiliation. Contact the Legion for a table

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    It is a smaller show, I'd say less then 30 tables. It is very crowded, uncomfortably so. As far as selection, its your typical md show.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    It's a small MD show and the only one I go to every year bc it's in my home town. Typically a group of us meet there, burn thru the show, hit Sean Bolans afterwards for several adult beverages and some story telling. Good stuff.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    small show big show?
    anyone been to this one and can comment on it?

Now that this has been brought up I'll address it as I see fit. I was contacted by telephone by the people putting on the show about a month ago as they were trying to generate gun dealer interest in doing their li'l show. Once I discovered that the venue was the same as the Harford County IWL venue more than 10 years ago, immediately I brought up the serving of alcohol during the show. The person I was on the phone with tried indicating to me that this "problem" has been worked out, but at that time for some unknowing reason and also to this day, it didn't/doesn't sit comfortably at all with me. The American Legion Hall not serving alcohol on a weekend until AFTER the gun show closes??? Yeah, right.:sarcasm: Needless to say, the conversation between us ended there.

I've done a few gun shows at that venue more than ten years ago when the IWL had it there and they were serving alcohol during their normal alcohol serving hours Saturday and Sunday which was during the show hours too. People would go over to the bar area located on the lower level of the building and get beers or other alcohol drinks (some gun dealers that were set up there included) and would drink them while cruising the show and/or at their gun show tables. In my opinion, this ^^^ practice isn't in the best interest of ANY gun related activity; just think the NRA 10 commandments of firearms safety. Also it's hard for me to think or believe that the American Legion Hall will forgo alcohol sales during the gun show. If in the event the American Legion Hall is truly suspending alcohol sales and alcohol transfers during the gun show hours at that location, my apologies in advance.

I may sound like a prude with my/this post, but we already have enough of a battle to fight with the libtards as it is, without adding more ammo in the libtards' war department to use against us by showing that the gun community promotes the use of alcohol with gun related activities.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Now that this has been brought up I'll address it as I see fit. I was contacted by telephone by the people putting on the show about a month ago as they were trying to generate gun dealer interest in doing their li'l show. Once I discovered that the venue was the same as the Harford County IWL venue more than 10 years ago, immediately I brought up the serving of alcohol during the show. The person I was on the phone with tried indicating to me that this "problem" has been worked out, but at that time for some unknowing reason and also to this day, it didn't/doesn't sit comfortably at all with me. The American Legion Hall not serving alcohol on a weekend until AFTER the gun show closes??? Yeah, right.:sarcasm: Needless to say, the conversation between us ended there.

I've done a few gun shows at that venue more than ten years ago when the IWL had it there and they were serving alcohol during their normal alcohol serving hours Saturday and Sunday which was during the show hours too. People would go over to the bar area located on the lower level of the building and get beers or other alcohol drinks (some gun dealers that were set up there included) and would drink them while cruising the show and/or at their gun show tables. In my opinion, this ^^^ practice isn't in the best interest of ANY gun related activity; just think the NRA 10 commandments of firearms safety. Also it's hard for me to think or believe that the American Legion Hall will forgo alcohol sales during the gun show. If in the event the American Legion Hall is truly suspending alcohol sales and alcohol transfers during the gun show hours at that location, my apologies in advance.

I may sound like a prude with my/this post, but we already have enough of a battle to fight with the libtards as it is, without adding more ammo in the libtards' war department to use against us by showing that the gun community promotes the use of alcohol with gun related activities.

I agree with you Lou. Your average person can't stay composed while drinking and watching sports simultaneously.

ONECRUNCH

Apr 5, 2013
    Im a member of the Sons and typically the lounge areas are closed off to non members of the Legion during events. Id be more concerned with a car show event serving alcohol. Its not like they set up a beer tent at the gun show. If they do then yeah, thats pretty stupid but most of these type of events are geared at increasing memberships.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Im a member of the Sons and typically the lounge areas are closed off to non members of the Legion during events. Id be more concerned with a car show event serving alcohol. Its not like they set up a beer tent at the gun show. If they do then yeah, thats pretty stupid but most of these type of events are geared at increasing memberships.

Back in the day 10 years or so ago, there were no closed off areas (the bar serving alcohol) and both bar patrons and gun show patrons would just walk up to the bar and buy alcohol drinks and go cruise the show including a few GUN VENDORS that were set up there too. If y'alls lookin' for names of those vendors, I can put some of them out on here if ya' wish!!! But I know that would cause some potential major hard fweelwin's of those gun vendors that I would list so it's better to remain silent on that issue and hope they've come around to see the light and I'm not talkin' a Bud light. AFAIK, the only way to effectively remove the potential of alcohol being consumed by anybody at the show is to have the bar/alcohol area(s) completely CLOSED and LOCKED UP until AFTER the gun show ends and nobody is allowed back into the gun show until the next day, of which this I don't see happening as it would really piss off the weekend daytime regulars that have a part time weekend resident bar stool there.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I just came from there. Many of the usual Harford County gun people were there. Surprising number of C&R there, including a Polish K98AZ, a bunch of Swedish Mausers, 1903s, and a really nice Ljungman. I managed to get a Rasheed carbine with a great barrel in a trade. Been on my list for awhile.

I saw no alcohol being served, which was good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      62.7 KB · Views: 343

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Stopped in with my Grand Daughter (6yr old) and was charged for 2 adult admissions. I politely stated "she's 6" a woman collecting the money said (more like growled at me) "there's 2 of you". That's all fine, and I support the SAL for having this affair, but I would suggest they find a friendlier face for the front door.
    FWIW.
    This was the first time I've ever been charged to bring a 5-6 yr old into a show. Odd that it would happen in such a small venue where encouraging attendance would seem to be a priority.
    FWIW#2
    I am a member of the sponsoring orginization. This is not to disparage the group, only to state they may want to consider the customers viewpoint if they want this event to grow in the coming years.
    All in all, it was a small show, some prices were high, but not crazy high.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Got back from the show at 1:05 today. Typical small show of Bel Air, but I still managed to spend almost 2 hours there. Ending up buying a Winchester 150 lever action 22LR for my nephew. Saw a few firearms that I could have bought, but I didn't pull the trigger (pun intended).

Bought 2 soldiers lunch that were manning their booth.

Was a good couple of hours out of my life. Better than sitting home and watching the NFL pregame shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom