• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Anyone have a "ball park" estimate for a selling price?

This is exactly the type of situation I can get behind. A good, authentic shooter that doesn't cost 2K.

I'll be keeping me eye on this.

I suspect current Blue Book values and higher. Primo original stuff (again I suspect such as J H Smith stated) to be auctioned and selling at considerably higher than Blue Book. So basically don't go expecting any real deals coming outta' CMP on these.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I just received my first US arsenal mix master 1911 and I bought it precisely because it is military issue with a history. It's got a lot of character - late 1918 serial number, eagle's head stamp, Augusta Arsenal stamp, high standard barrel for WWII. Every scuff, scratch, and wear mark has a story behind it that I'll never know, much like the photo of my father aiming a .45 somewhere in a Pacific jungle in 1942.

I know what you mean. Dad and I went through series of give and takes of pistols and rifles,,,seems it occasionally centered around a Colt 1911 military pistol. It was my 'turn' with it when he passed away. I believe it was an NRA sale pistol from way back, the previous owner had it hard chromed, who was a good friend of the family, by the time Dad got it. I actually shot the pistol with that friend before it was plated. This was before the value of the 1911 mil surps began to escalate.

It is a 1918 manufacture with arsenal stamps as yours has. Arsenal upgrades which included the Colt arched mainspring housing, armory 'C' boxed stamped barrel and a late narrow hammer. Much of it is still 1918. I remember Dad and I went to a gun show while it was still my turn with it. He was always cautious about the sear. When he was a DI he had experienced and watched what happens at times when a sear fails! So the first handgun part I bought besides grips were with him at a gunshow...a machined tool steel CMC sear. I even had the foresight to get a sear jig and stones to fit it. I changed the sights, have a different trigger, sear, hammer, thumb safety in it (bobbed set up so I can keep my hand unchewed), barrel and bushing and original flat smooth mainspring housing...or facsimile, thereof. Except for the sights, all the GI parts are in a bag and go back on occasionally for a more authentic range session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom