• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    I am all for supoorting our local dealers but when they Gouge the hell out us on ammo prices, Sorry I Am Not going to Support a local dealer at these shows and I will buy off the net!

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    sorry, walmart does it cheaper, either do what they do or do something different. I am tired of seeing tulammo .223 for 7.99 a box when walmart does it for 5.15

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Took a ride down the road to the Bel Air gun show today. 500 rounds of .22 $60, 100 round Winchester value packs of 100 $52. Is anyone actually paying that kind of money at these shows?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I saw exactly what you saw at the show. The one guy had Cci standards for $60/brick and a guy on the other side actually had an old sleeve of mini mags for $20 (for 100!). I like capitalism and all but oof, that was pretty crazy. Luckily I don't need anything right now and was just supporting the local show.

What amazed me even more was the enormous line outside for that new comic book store. That was amazing.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I do agree the shows are probably not what they used to be, but if we don't support the shows and vendors there won't be any.

Prices maybe higher in general but I have found some deals. WM and other places maybe cheaper but I have gladly paid a few extra bucks for some 22lr from an excellent vendor at a show. (truthfully, I avoid the guys trying to sell at triple the going rate..maybe they use gold instead of brass) I've tried the ammo chase at WM and really would rather pay a few bucks to save the time for shooting..

It's just one guy's opinion...

Agree, esp with the highlighted point. Wouldn't buy ammo from just anybody with a table...

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    I went to the BelAir show just to support a local show and check out some guns and maybe bump into a few MDS members. Ended up seeing my FFL guy. Anyway, the prices on everything are so high, that I'm not sure if these guys actually sell anything. Ammo prices are not good. I mean 7.62x39 Tula for 7 and 11 dollars on one table, not sure why it was different for same ammo, but either way, Walmart has for 5.17.

Prices on the AR's was crazy as well, Windham Weaponry for $1,000. I see these go for much lower everywhere else. So I just think its odd, to lug all your guns there and to have them marked up so much. At least be in market range so people will just be like, well, its here right in front of me to take home, so what if I can get it for $50 cheaper.

Some of the handgun prices were pretty good however, I saw a XDS 9mm, for $550 which I thought was a good price for that.

For gun shows to be successful for everyone, the prices need to be more competitive as the marketplace is/has significantly changed. When now-a-days, a person can just pick up a phone or open a webpage, find the right gun, and price and pick it up from their FFL in a few days. And in Maryland, since we know we have to wait anyway, its even less of a big deal to order online, as your not taking it home today anyway.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I went to the BelAir show just to support a local show and check out some guns and maybe bump into a few MDS members. Ended up seeing my FFL guy. Anyway, the prices on everything are so high, that I'm not sure if these guys actually sell anything. Ammo prices are not good. I mean 7.62x39 Tula for 7 and 11 dollars on one table, not sure why it was different for same ammo, but either way, Walmart has for 5.17.

Prices on the AR's was crazy as well, Windham Weaponry for $1,000. I see these go for much lower everywhere else. So I just think its odd, to lug all your guns there and to have them marked up so much. At least be in market range so people will just be like, well, its here right in front of me to take home, so what if I can get it for $50 cheaper.

Some of the handgun prices were pretty good however, I saw a XDS 9mm, for $550 which I thought was a good price for that.

For gun shows to be successful for everyone, the prices need to be more competitive as the marketplace is/has significantly changed. When now-a-days, a person can just pick up a phone or open a webpage, find the right gun, and price and pick it up from their FFL in a few days. And in Maryland, since we know we have to wait anyway, its even less of a big deal to order online, as your not taking it home today anyway.

This is true with a few exceptions. You have to get the firearm at a price that makes it cheaper than buying from a LGS INCLUDING shipping and transfer fee's. If everyone does as you suggest the LGS will just up the transfer fee's to make up for the lost income of the sale on the firearm. There are a few out there that have already done just that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom