• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've finally cleared out some room downstairs and will be putting in a 6' workbench for various projects, including a case prep station using a Dillon Super Swage and Lee APP Deluxe (and the Giraud and a couple other things). I am hoping that being able to prep rifle cases in the house will speed up my loading throughput until I can get a proper progressive case prep setup going.

I don't want to build a bench. I want to buy a bench. I'm OK with assembling it, but don't want to cut a bunch of wood ala 2x4 Basics. It needs to be relatively sturdy. Bench surface overhang would be good, but not a hard requirement since I'll be using an Inline Fab QD mount anyways.

Your recommendations on benches you have bought would be appreciated.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I have a 4’ version of this workbench as my reloading bench. It’s sturdy, easy to assemble, and is height adjustable. You can usually find them cheaper on Amazon or Sam’s Club websites. Sam’s Club also carries Seville in store so you may be able to find one locally but from my experience it’s usually only their cabinets and metal tables they have in store.

https://www.sevilleclassics.com/6-ft-worktables.html

Roksfr

Ardent Safety Training
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 14, 2020
    Southern AA
    U-line makes a great bench at a reasonable price point. If you want to go and pick something up, the Gladiator benches, sold at Lowes are a good option.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I have a 4’ version of this workbench as my reloading bench. It’s sturdy, easy to assemble, and is height adjustable. You can usually find them cheaper on Amazon or Sam’s Club websites. Sam’s Club also carries Seville in store so you may be able to find one locally but from my experience it’s usually only their cabinets and metal tables they have in store.

https://www.sevilleclassics.com/6-ft-worktables.html

If you get something like this, I'd recommend mounting some pegboard on the wall behind it to hang things, and perhaps a shelf above. You could even mount a light under the shelf.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County

Attachments

• bench-with-flush-mount.jpg
      bench-with-flush-mount.jpg
      86.2 KB · Views: 495

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Very nice setup with the Inline Fabrication mounts. I'm stalking this thread to see where/how to mount my recent purchase of IF hardware.
    I run tons of IF hardware in my shed, including multiple QD mounts, their rail system, and a number of organizers. You will not be surprised to hear that I think it's awesome. The only thing I'll say vis a vis the rail system is that I did have to work around my case feeders slightly after mounting it behind my bench.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I run tons of IF hardware in my shed, including multiple QD mounts, their rail system, and a number of organizers. You will not be surprised to hear that I think it's awesome. The only thing I'll say vis a vis the rail system is that I did have to work around my case feeders slightly after mounting it behind my bench.

Thanks for the heads-up. Would love to see more pics of your set-up before I start putting my setting up my station.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Thanks for the heads-up. Would love to see more pics of your set-up before I start putting my setting up my station.
    I'll try to get out there today for you.

The one other thing I added recently that was great was a wall-mounted WiFi space heater. Now I can turn it on a few hours before I want to go out and everything's a lot more comfortable in there.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I was in the Frederick Home Depot yesterday and they had a work bench / tool box that stopped me in my tracks. I stood their and looked at for 5 minutes trying to justify replacing my bench at home.

I wish I had a picture of it for you, but it was made by Husky and seemed very well built.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I'll try to get out there today for you.

The one other thing I added recently that was great was a wall-mounted WiFi space heater. Now I can turn it on a few hours before I want to go out and everything's a lot more comfortable in there.

Looking forward to your set-up - Thanks!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That is what I got. Works really well. Not super quality, but pretty good and better than I can make!

Bottom shelf is REALLY sturdy (I've got probably 200lbs of reloading bullets sitting on it and no noticeable sag or issues).

https://www.harborfreight.com/60-in-4-drawer-hardwood-workbench-63395.html
    It's pretty much down to this or one of the Home Depot workbenches. I wish Home Depot still had the old folding all-wood workbench that I used for my first one - I used that with a glued-on second top and it's ultra-heavy duty in terms of both weight and capacity. Ah well.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    First, I like the Harbor Freight options people have shared. I might go with one of these if I expand.

I recently got the $200 Craftsman 6-foot bench from Lowe's ($280 on Amazon). This guy on Reddit went with the three piece ensemble for $600 from Lowe's hardware ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/reloading/comments/l2yqf3/my_first_press_worst_possible_timing/

My bench is messier than his ...

4e4ad31378d57ab87c4f8d2364af776c.jpg

6959a774b925cbbea7c49fb78d811031.jpg

But sharing pics as you consider your options. Pegboard and/or shelving on the wall to follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom