• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Remington converted by Bannerman to .30-06

I would like a US Mosin to add to the collection but haven't seen a lot of them lately

Attachments

• 20210201_185354.jpg
      20210201_185354.jpg
      58.8 KB · Views: 157

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Speaking of Bannerman conversions, I went to college in the Mid Hudson Valley just 20 miles upriver from the ruins of Bannerman's Castle on the Hudson. When I was there (at school) I'd pass by it when taking the train to NYC for shenanigans on the weekends. I always thought it was really cool, but had no idea of the history behind it or how much it would influence later collecting activities. The trust which is charged with preserving the ruins of the warehouse and remains of Bannerman's summer residency now offers tours of the island.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    This video made me positively giddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQokcErHwFk

I really want to try this. I believe a Mosin can be accuratized without Bubba-fying it.

They absolutely can. Check here: https://www.gunboards.com/threads/wts-mosin-nagant-and-mauser-accurizing-kits-24-shipped.431449/

I’ve used one of these on a PU and a 91/30 with good results, cut group sizes from 2” to consistent 1.25” at 100 yards with the PU and 4” to 2” in the 91/30 with Tula ammo

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    ^^^^ is what I did with my PU sniper cause I wanted a more classic method using the oil cloth.
    I did the smith sights shim and cork to the other mosins.
    Not all mosins will shoot well but you can eliminate alot of the walking of the groups as the barrel heats up by the shims and cloth/cork.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Keep me in mind if you ever want to move it along

Additionally for all posting here I would like to get an original condition US made Mosin.

Will do. Though I’ve only sold one Mosin since I’ve been collecting. That was to OCJ (after he sold me two others) :D

I’ve got two original matching Remingtons. Still looking for an all original Westinghouse. Have a few mm NEWs (curved and straight logo). None are for sale. They’re getting tougher to find - good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom