• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    exactly

Yeah the problem with this behavior is then there is no hope for the Blue states (which there may not be in any scenario), the purple states will eventually turn blue because people either leave those or so t fight enough. Liberals are like locusts, they destroy a state and then move elsewhere to destroy the next one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100%. Fight here, not after retreating

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Thank you for the detailed info. I am C & R so I get pretty much all my ammo by mail. I have been thinking of leaving MD (after 40 years here) so this could be the final nail in the coffin. I am retired so I can take my money elsewhere.

If its anything like the way many firearms dealers treat MD residents, even with C&R, they will just refuse to ship ammo to any MD address. If I recall, Boyds won't even ship gun stocks to us in MD.

If writing your representatives is a futile gesture, what about taking up all these unconstitutional laws and running them through the courts as high as need be?

It's expensive, I get it. There is a Maryland state version of the NRA or something that firearms owners can sign up for, isn't there? Legislatures knowingly pass unconstitutional laws all the time, betting that the common person won't have the knowledge, or money to run them through the courts and overturn them.

Maryland Shall Issue

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    If writing your representatives is a futile gesture, what about taking up all these unconstitutional laws and running them through the courts as high as need be?

It's expensive, I get it. There is a Maryland state version of the NRA or something that firearms owners can sign up for, isn't there? Legislatures knowingly pass unconstitutional laws all the time, betting that the common person won't have the knowledge, or money to run them through the courts and overturn them.

The state level affiliate of the NRA is actually the MSRPA, Maryland State Rifle & Pistol Association. MSI is a separate group, not affiliated with either the national or state organization although all three cooperate and work to protect 2A rights in Analpolis.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Yup,
    I can not get a stock for my break action, single shot "assault rifle"

If its anything like the way many firearms dealers treat MD residents, even with C&R, they will just refuse to ship ammo to any MD address. If I recall, Boyds won't even ship gun stocks to us in MD.

Maryland Shall Issue

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

The Maryland State Rifle & Pistol Association is the official organization affiliated with the NRA.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah the problem with this behavior is then there is no hope for the Blue states (which there may not be in any scenario), the purple states will eventually turn blue because people either leave those or so t fight enough. Liberals are like locusts, they destroy a state and then move elsewhere to destroy the next one

I think the issue isn’t as much them migrating, though that is part of it. It is that there are just a lot more liberals than conservatives in the country and the numbers continue to get more imbalanced. Almost every major city is heavily liberal. Most are continuing to grow way faster than rural areas and small towns.

At some point no matter how you try to gerrymander things, the sheer numbers end up carrying more political power than the fewer conservatives.

So it is two fold issue.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Maryland Shall Issue

Pick a different Ammo dealer then. There are plenty of good ones. The VAST majority of ones I looked up will all ship to states that require firearm owner ID’s/licenses to purchase Ammo. I don’t see how this would end up being particularly different. It’ll take some a bit to get in the game an adapt. Some will just say F it and not deal with the hassle. But almost all DO deal with the hassle.

That’s not advocating for the law, but I’ve seen many people say it WILL be the end of the world and nobody will be able to mail order Ammo because everyone will refuse to deal with MD.

Except so far that hasn’t been the case with other states with as stringent or worse ammo sales laws compared to what this MGA bill proposes.

It’ll be annoying and suck a bit. Doubtless within a year, if not within months everyone will have adapted in regards to online sales. Yes for some it’ll be constant ongoing cost and annoyance, hurdles, etc. those who already have an HQL it’ll be a mild inconvenience.

IMHO I have a bigger problem with the fact that I am a criminal if I give a few rounds to my hunting buddy while out hunting if he doesn’t have an HQL or FFL (he has neither). Or at the range and he wants to shoot my rifle. Is that the same as transferring Ammo to him?

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC

There have been purple states that have trended red, look at Ohio it was a quintessential swing state it has drifted red. Wisconsin, Michigan, and PA also have drifted redder (once blue-union voting states) thanks to Trump, these were states that Democrats had won for decades both at the state and/or federal level.

Florida was also a purple state and it has been drifting red. In part because many conservatives move to Florida and many of them retire there. Moving does make a difference. Don't think all purple states inevitably turn blue, as if Democrats have some non-stopping population growth. Stats show Republicans/conservatives tend to have larger families this over time has a more lasting impact on an electorate than a transient population, obviously other factors play in as well.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Maryland has a huge waterfowl hunting industry for out of state hunters. It will be interesting when they are out on their $500-1000 hunts and someone either forgets their ammo, accidentally drops it in the water, or runs out. Currently guides bring spare ammo with them as this happens. It would now be illegal to do so under this law. They also wouldn’t be able to borrow from another hunter. Sorry, your big money hunting trip just went in the garbage can along with your money for the hotel, travel, food, license, and the hunt itself.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Maryland has a huge waterfowl hunting industry for out of state hunters. It will be interesting when they are out on their $500-1000 hunts and someone either forgets their ammo, accidentally drops it in the water, or runs out. Currently guides bring spare ammo with them as this happens. It would now be illegal to do so under this law. They also wouldn’t be able to borrow from another hunter. Sorry, your big money hunting trip just went in the garbage can along with your money for the hotel, travel, food, license, and the hunt itself.

You’re assuming that everyone would follow this proposed law....

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You’re assuming that everyone would follow this proposed law....

People break laws all the time. How many guides are going to risk a couple of years in prison as well as being barred from their job for the rest of their lives by providing spare ammo to their clients? Probably not a huge number. I am sure most hunting buddies are going to flip the bird to this law if they even think about it.

It would still have an impact. It'll still inevitably end up sending a few people to prison every year who are not criminals (DNR officer observes a hunter hand a box of shells to his buddy in the blind as he is walking up, etc.)

Pointing out how this law will damage Maryland's economy is about the only thing pols ever listen to. It was part of what delayed and eventually changed the state background check law that started as a long gun qualification license bill.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    People break laws all the time. How many guides are going to risk a couple of years in prison as well as being barred from their job for the rest of their lives by providing spare ammo to their clients? Probably not a huge number. I am sure most hunting buddies are going to flip the bird to this law if they even think about it.

It would still have an impact. It'll still inevitably end up sending a few people to prison every year who are not criminals (DNR officer observes a hunter hand a box of shells to his buddy in the blind as he is walking up, etc.)

Pointing out how this law will damage Maryland's economy is about the only thing pols ever listen to. It was part of what delayed and eventually changed the state background check law that started as a long gun qualification license bill.

The pols don’t give two sh*ts about the economy. Remember when Beretta said it would leave MD and the Mike & Mike show basically have them the finger.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The pols don’t give two sh*ts about the economy. Remember when Beretta said it would leave MD and the Mike & Mike show basically have them the finger.

I agree, they will literally shoot themselves in the foot given the chance.

Let's just hope if they manage to pass a bill, its so poorly written that it gets killed in court.

I'm thinking Hogan will veto all the anti2A bills passed in the current session pretending to be more conservative than he really is. Also forces them to override in an election year that he has no risk in, its all on them. In the past they always passed the stuff Mike and Mike knew was unpopular during non election years

Yeah, Cheaperthandirt will sell ammo to MD, but will the reasonably priced ammo suppliers follow suit? Boyds won't sell furniture to MD residents as an example.

Just because some can afford Cheaperthandirt, doesn't mean everyone can. Reduction in supply almost always means higher price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom