• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I'm not OK with that at all. Trump hasn't done anything to threaten the Left's safety, yet they are notorious for claiming self defense because of fabricated claims of aggression. And they make decisions based on emotion and passion instead of reason.

Not unlike Antifa, Kathy Griffin, or North Korea. Different threat levels, but common mentality and victim mentality.

Sorry let me clarify. I'm saying there are moderates who identify as democrats or leaning liberal who may want to buy guns for self defense from a perceived threat. That perceived threat in their mind may be the Trump government. Even if I believe there perception is wrong, Im in support of their 2A rights too.

Perhaps by finally exercising it they may come to understand and respect it as well.

Im not in support of Antifa or any other radical group who would want to buy guns to cause terror or suppress the constitution.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I actually hope many of them are libs, as it means they finally get it. And if they finally get it, then when they see the maze and walls their esteemed (D) lawmakers have put up, they might get mad at them and either elect them out, or DEMAND they stop this anti gun nonsense and actually go after...criminals. Enough pressure on Froshite/Feinsteinites may make them stop the anti gun nonsense so they can appeal to their newly 2A educated base. Maybe the pressure would get rid of may-issue, HQL schemes, and reverse "assault weapon" bans. I can dream.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I actually hope many of them are libs, as it means they finally get it. And if they finally get it, then when they see the maze and walls their esteemed (D) lawmakers have put up, they might get mad at them and either elect them out, or DEMAND they stop this anti gun nonsense and actually go after...criminals. Enough pressure on Froshite/Feinsteinites may make them stop the anti gun nonsense so they can appeal to their newly 2A educated base. Maybe the pressure would get rid of may-issue, HQL schemes, and reverse "assault weapon" bans. I can dream.

I see things a little differently. I see the libs using these firearms in many ways, but few of them will be legal. I know they don't understand all of the 2.4 gazillion gun laws for each and every state, much less the million federal laws. But I doubt they actually care if they follow the laws. These firearms will be passed along to whoever needs them, regardless of what state they're needed in. Won't matter if the person is restricted or not.

When it comes time that they feel they must use them, they won't care about any law, much less if they know what the laws are.

YMMV

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    May 2018 saw the highest amount of NICS checks for the month since the checks have been performed. Once again, people are buying guns despite who the President is. The last 3 months have all been record breaking.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/gun-sales-set-record-may/

In May 2018, the FBI processed 2,002,992 queries through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). That's more than any previous May in the system's history with May 2017 holding the previous record at 1,942,677. April 2018 saw more NICS checks than any previous April. March 2018 saw more NICS checks than any previous March.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    May 2018 saw the highest amount of NICS checks for the month since the checks have been performed. Once again, people are buying guns despite who the President is. The last 3 months have all been record breaking.

Well the "traction" of anti-gunner rhetoric has been very high after Parkland and Vegas, and many states have gone "full retard". Not to mention the media harping on the fact that the congress may be shifting with the elections and the Republican stranglehold on two branches will go bye-bye in November.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The FBI publishes the statistics on line along with lots of other data.

Here is the NICS check monthlies from it's inception through last month:
    https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view

An example of other data is the reasons for denial:
    https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/federal_denials.pdf/view

So there has been a total since it started of 1,543,025 denials out of a total of 289,810,007 NICS checks preformed from November 30, 1998 through May 31, 2018, the life of the program. That is just over 1/2 of one percent (0.053%).

Lots of other data available scroll down this page to Reports & Statistics:
    https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Well the President did come out supporting Red Flag and bump stock bans. Rubio buckled and supports magazine limits now. The real gun salesman hero though is David Hogg. Because one gun owner goes from some guns to now some more guns, that's still one vote. Prices have softened, so those in to firearms buy more. There were tons of rebates last year. Some guns were going for less than they've been in a decade. Of course there are new buyers, but I think some over estimate that. In the USA, people in to guns can buy them like women in to shoes buy those. The average number of guns per gun owner has shown to double in last 20 years. That is not organic growth. Lot of white male baby boomers are now at a time where they got the money and can make discretionary purchases. Once that generation is gone, I don't see gun sales being so dramatic with the current demographic trend in the USA.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    What do the gun stores say? They will have a handle on if it is their regular clientele or newbies. Certainly Maryland Shooters continues to grow and there are apparently new people or at least casual gun owners who are getting more involved, just based on the questions and comments. (WTF I need an HQL to buy a gun???)

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The FBI publishes the statistics on line along with lots of other data.

Here is the NICS check monthlies from it's inception through last month:

An example of other data is the reasons for denial:
    https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/federal_denials.pdf/view

So there has been a total since it started of 1,543,025 denials out of a total of 289,810,007 NICS checks preformed from November 30, 1998 through May 31, 2018, the life of the program. That is just over 1/2 of one percent (0.053%).

Lots of other data available scroll down this page to Reports & Statistics:
    https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics

So, that's 288,000,000+ NICS approvals, since only 1998, the past 20 years?

Whoever says there are 300,000,000 guns in the U.S. probably woefully underestimated the real number.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If there are concerns on who is or isn’t getting into gun ownership, be an ambassador. Educate others. Take new shooters to the range. Kindly engage with those you wouldn’t expect to be interested.

Or... perpetuate a perceived notion and defeatist attitude that no one cares about just a little bit of self-reliance and that only people cut from one cloth are interested in firearms.

We cannot help what anti-gunners do, so best to help ourselves.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Generation Z, much of their experience pertaining to firearms has not been very conducive to wanting or liking them. It will be their country to run, let them. I'm looking forward a bit more than others perhaps.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    So, that's 288,000,000+ NICS approvals, since only 1998, the past 20 years?

Whoever says there are 300,000,000 guns in the U.S. probably woefully underestimated the real number.

Yes!

Here is the report on Firearms Commerce in the United States which details the number of firearms manufactured and number imported per year. It also shows how many were exported so you can get a good idea of how many are being added to the stockpile each year.
    Commerce Report
    https://www.atf.gov/resource-center...tates-annual-statistical-update-2017/download

You can also compare the number of firearms added to the number of NICS checks (it seems to be between 2 to 3 NICS checks per new firearm). Or for a total of 288,000,000 divided by 2.5 = 115,200,000 added in twenty years.
    NICS Checks

Panther

Jan 22, 2017
    Lanham
    Doubtful. It's the same people, buying because prices are crazy cheap.

You’d be surprised of the amount of minorities & women that have, for one reason or another, decided to become law abiding gun owners. Several of my friends and family (leftist or left leaning) who know I’m an enthusiast have asked me to walk them through the process to becoming firearms owners and some reside in DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    You’d be surprised of the amount of minorities & women that have, for one reason or another, decided to become law abiding gun owners. Several of my friends and family (leftist or left leaning) who know I’m an enthusiast have asked me to walk them through the process to becoming firearms owners and some reside in DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have probably bought more guns in the same time period than all the people that asked you combined.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    289 million NICS checks since the program was initiated in 1998. That's a lot of guns.

Really kicked into overdrive after the Big 0 was elected, and hasn't slowed down.

Looks like the masses have read the writing on the wall, and are stocking up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom