• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jleemd99

Oct 30, 2011
    Catonsville, Maryland
    I purchased a WW MPC last year and have not had any problems with it whatsoever. I can't really comment on comparing it to a current Bushmaster, but I can tell you that I am not regretting my purchase and am extremely satisfied with it.

As many people have already said, Windham Weaponry is basically the same people that made up the old Bushmaster company. Their backstory is nice as the old owner of Bushmaster decided to buy back the facility and employ a lot of the old Bushmaster folks after the manufacturing was moved out of state and his non-compete clause expired.

Sc0tt556

Freedom...."Earn this"
    May 14, 2013
    MD
    I purchased a WW MPC last year and have not had any problems with it whatsoever. I can't really comment on comparing it to a current Bushmaster, but I can tell you that I am not regretting my purchase and am extremely satisfied with it.

As many people have already said, Windham Weaponry is basically the same people that made up the old Bushmaster company. Their backstory is nice as the old owner of Bushmaster decided to buy back the facility and employ a lot of the old Bushmaster folks after the manufacturing was moved out of state and his non-compete clause expired.

:thumbup::thumbup: +1

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    WW over BM... Colt felt like the 1911s of old which can be considered a part of it's character - rattle bucket..... yes even the two 6920s I've handled were LOOSE.... not a bad thing as long as the bcg to the chamber lock up is consistent

Having said that, the WW lower to upper fitment is first class and functions as intended. The fitment maintained its integrity even with a different brand of upper assembly

So. Yeah, I will choose the WW over BM but I still want a Colt because it's a Colt :D

This too. Aside from my own issues, my brother picked up a Colt within the last year and the upper to lower fit was horrible. Pretty much clacking around until he stuck an accuwedge in it.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    REASON FOR choosing NON-Colt is because they are 160-260 more up front...granted that price includes full magpul furniture.

Really? I mean I guess if you are just using it for the range, but if you plan on defending your life with it then that extra $160 will be well worth it to get a Colt 6920. I prefer Bravo Company, but same reliability as Colt. The only crap Colt models are the Sporter ones.

brianrose

May 2, 2009
    I see your point. I've contemplated it that very point. But I am forced to buy now due to crappy state of md. It will be for collecting / paper targets. If I can get colt at pre ban price I am in.

WW rifles are between $850-$950 at the Walmarts in WV. Colts are $1050.

Really? I mean I guess if you are just using it for the range, but if you plan on defending your life with it then that extra $160 will be well worth it to get a Colt 6920. I prefer Bravo Company, but same reliability as Colt. The only crap Colt models are the Sporter ones.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I have only seen, and not shot, 1 WW, but it looked very well made. Great fit, & finish on it, and the guy had a Red Dot on it, in the basement range of Freedom Armory ( great place but GOUGERS!!! DAMN..:-) This was a couple years ago, and I had never heard of them.

I have seen a few new Bushy's, but I would have to pick the WW over it. And a COLT, well, they are after all...a COLT...hahahahaha not sure how to explain it, but, my first AR was a colt back in 1984 and it was good w no issues. I used to have Marine's from Quantico offer me boxes of 30 rnd GI mags and I would turn them down, just taking a few here and there!! Hahahahahah I actually have one or two left, but, should have taken a few boxes of them.

Now, I am not sure how accurate this is, but I have heard/read, that CORE 15 was started by the other original partner from the original Bushmaster. Anyone have any info on this>?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom