• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cms81586

Feb 8, 2018
    MD is getting beyond terrible for gun owners.

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That’s what the state says. Do you believe them? Look at the lengths the Dems are going through to destroy this country. Do you not think they will hold a grudge and try to destroy an FFL for a minor infraction, if that FFL had not “listened” to MSP? Maybe they didn’t do so in 2013, but the political climate in 2020 is at a boiling point with leftists doing whatever they want with no fear.

You apparently didn't spend any time on these boards back in 2013, if you had, you would have know that there were 70+ firearms released on 8th day that MSP had to retrieve. Of those 4-5 were used in crimes.

Out of ALL of those transfers, not one dealer had an issue, and ALL of them are still in business today. So, no, they didn't hold a grudge, and they won't today based on that previous court decision. If they do, they open themselves up further to even worse issues, like losing personal money of the individual officers that act against that ruling from 2013.

On the other hand, MD politicians and the MSP will still try to fck with FFLs, no matter what they choose. I applaud the FTLs that release on the 8th day.

I wouldn’t want to be in the position that FFLs are currently in if my family’s livelihood depended on my shop.

Thus far none of the politicians in Annapolis have made a move to change the 8th day release without notification, and I'm not really sure they want to play with that grenade.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I just got ALERT from Experian today that my email and potentially more personal info is on the “dark web”. I wonder if it is related.

No chit? The reason why I asked is because I got the same notification from Experian & MyIDCare. This isn't looking good.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Does anyone know what kind of info they could have potentially retrieved from the database? Does anyone know if sensitive info like address and social security number were encrypted? Is that required of government agencies to encrypt the data in a database containing sensitive information?

Shaner

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 13, 2019
    I actually had, in the end, a good buying experience from BassPro in March-April. At first I went there around March 30 and wanted to buy a gun, making it clear that I understand that I needed to wait for my HQL before walking out the store with a firearm, but the man refused to sell it to me. I placed the order online and it went through (after a hiccup) without further issue. Pricing was very good; a Walther PPS for then approximately $275 (I was quoted about $425-450 from other dealers for te same model). The store received the gun before my HQL was approved, so there was no undue delay.

Bottom line: Good pricing, some complications in the beginning of the purchase process (which I ascribe largely to the very uncertain situation in the beginning of the pandemic), but they did come through.

Also note that I went to a well-respected LGS in the beginning of the process and the store clerk said that they would not be able to get either a gun or ammo for me for months. I spoke with the store manager while waiting for something else, and the manager said that they would be able to get a gun for me within a few weeks.

Was this a purchase from Basspro, or a transfer?

Can't beat that price, especially in these times. Glad it worked out!

Last edited:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I normally try to be an easy going, "moderation in all things/make absolutely sure the sky is indeed falling before you freak out" kind of guy. That part of me has some sympathy for the non-releasing shops for the first day or maybe two. While I'd be disappointed, I would absolutely respect a dealer who said, "You didn't get your email, did you? Yeah, something weird is going on with the system. Let's wait and see if it gets sorted out tomorrow." Inconvenient? Sure. Heartbreaking...meh :shrug: I don't think I've ever not picked up on the very first day that I was allowed to...but for one more day, I'd get over it. As much as MD hates FFL's, I wouldn't blame them for thinking "It's a trap!"

Now that it has been a while, the problem has been identified, and MSP has offered guidance...it's time to get back to business.:mad54:

Last edited:

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I normally try to be an easy going, "moderation in all things/make absolutely sure the sky is indeed falling before you freak out" kind of guy. That part of me has some sympathy for the non-releasing shops for the first day or maybe two. While I'd be disappointed, I would absolutely respect a dealer who said, "You didn't get your email, did you? Yeah, something weird is going on with the system. Let's wait and see if it gets sorted out tomorrow." Inconvenient? Sure. Heartbreaking...meh :shrug: I don't think I've ever not picked up on the very first day that I was allowed to...but for one more day, I'd get over it. As much as MD hates FFL's, I wouldn't blame them for thinking "It's a trap!"

Now that it has been a while, the problem has been identified, and MSP has offered guidance...it's time to get back to business.:mad54:

Says the guy who doesn't have a gun purgatory. :D

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Would you be of the same opinion if you were a single mom living in the city who has been on edge for ~40 days since she made the move to get her HQL and buy a handgun for self defense from her crazy baby daddy?

She has come to the realization that a restraining order is just a piece of paper and gets the gut punch when a chicken shit dealer (NOT Tyler's Firearms, 2A Sales or Engage) tell her just to hang on a few more days while the MSP get it figured out because they don't feel comfortable following the law.

No one is asking dealers to break the law, skirt the law or do anything on a wink and a nod for their good old boy customers. There is a provision in the statute for just this occasion. What other legal activities are they worried about, handing out MSI brochures? This isn't even a reach down and grab your sack moment, just do what the law allows.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I was surprised to get an email from MSI saying we should abide by the MSP's request to wait.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Would you be of the same opinion if you were a single mom living in the city who has been on edge for ~40 days since she made the move to get her HQL and buy a handgun for self defense from her crazy baby daddy?

She has come to the realization that a restraining order is just a piece of paper and gets the gut punch when a chicken shit dealer (NOT Tyler's Firearms, 2A Sales or Engage) tell her just to hang on a few more days while the MSP get it figured out because they don't feel comfortable following the law.

No one is asking dealers to break the law, skirt the law or do anything on a wink and a nod for their good old boy customers. There is a provision in the statute for just this occasion. What other legal activities are they worried about, handing out MSI brochures? This isn't even a reach down and grab your sack moment, just do what the law allows.

It should be against the law for the MSP to even ask or hint that they want FFLs to withhold your property for longer than the length of time required. I bet it would be totally different if they didn't already have the buyers money in their cash register. Maybe there should be a law that says they need to refund the buyers money if they decide to voluntarily hold your property for more than 7 days. That might change their attitudes right quick.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I was surprised to get an email from MSI saying we should abide by the MSP's request to wait.

The mail I got from MSI said:
    "While the State Police have asked the Dealers to hold off on releasing any regulated firearms (handguns) until the DPSCS system is back up and the checks completed, dealers may release regulated firearms on the 8th day after a transaction at their discretion. "

MSI was informing, not making any recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom