Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    cap%20Gun.jpg

Nobody mess with me.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    .9cm. I'd rather have 12 bullets that expand to .65 and penetrate to 14.5" than 10 bullets that expand to .70 and penetrate to 14"

Gotcha, I'll keep some 9mm in reserve then, least I can do is supply some ammo. :thumbsup:

I keep .45acp and 9mm as my 2 primary choices, .45 for when I feel better throwing small bowling balls at someone, 9mm for when I want to throw baseballs - disturbingly accurately though. :D

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I was actually thinking just this. I'd probably drop the 300 for a pf9. I have no reason to buy a mini pistol until I can carry, though. Just bought a new pistol anyway, so it'd give me another month to contemplate.

This is what I carried most of the time before moving to Maryland (and a M&P40c when wearing bulky clothes). I could not imagine a better carry gun. Good firepower with +p 9mm, size that makes it disappear when carried, lightweight, and an optional belt clip that allowed no holster IWB carry (with a trigger block). In sum, the perfect carry gun for me. The sights suck, but at defensive ranges that's not a big concern.

With any luck, I will be able to dust it off sometime in the next couple years. :sad20:

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Not a fan of the pocket carry firearms. Maybe for carrying around the house while doing hard work but all the little .380's and 9mm's dont scream out to me.

I'd be sticking with the smaller large 9mm's and .40.

Glock 19/23 or MP40C.

I felt the same way until I was carrying every day. I started carrying a Glock 30, then moved to a Glock 36, then a M&P40c, then a PF-9.

Some people I know are fine with big heavy guns, but it didn't work for me. I found the weight was distracting and the size always had me wondering if I was patterning outside my clothes. In the end, a very small 9mm proved to be the right compromise.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I'm with Smokey.
    S&W M&P9c
    100_0639.jpg

Or PF9 when it's warmer.
    100_1643.jpg

I'm also thinking about an LCR in 357.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Wow, so I'm the only one that's carrying a full-size M&P .45 then??

I'm only 5'10 and 160 lbs. and can conceal that easily.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I felt the same way until I was carrying every day. I started carrying a Glock 30, then moved to a Glock 36, then a M&P40c, then a PF-9.

Some people I know are fine with big heavy guns, but it didn't work for me. I found the weight was distracting and the size always had me wondering if I was patterning outside my clothes. In the end, a very small 9mm proved to be the right compromise.

I'll agree it's best to find something that works, even if it's not idea, because carrying something is better then nothing.

I've carried both a full size Sig and MP40C without issue. For me when looking at other options I didnt even consider the 26/27 since the size difference doesnt make up for the capacity and sight radius you give up.

If I was to CC a smaller firearm it would be a wheel gun.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    my Px4 Storm in .40. since its the only pistol i have, except for a nagant revolver which isn't what i'd consider a carry gun.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I might need to look into a Bersa Thunder or similar. I am a huge fan or having the SA/DA option and would like it in a pocket rocket. I suppose a compact single stack 9or 380 would be ok. For now it would have to be my Taurus 85CH or Kel Tek P11 both or which are DAO. I must say my EAA Witness goes in a Miami Classic nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom