• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    That even firearms boards have their trolls. Geez dude, give it a rest.

I am not a troll. Either get with the program, or not. I am sure everyone on this board is in some firearms database. Have you ever ordered anything on line? Ever bought a firearm? Sending this letter gives you thew "get out of jail free" card for a year. Thus, giving the Maryland firearms owner another year. Live to fight another day. I spend much of my time on the issue, and I've never meet the biggest keyboard warriors.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I've submitted enough 4473's, 77R's and even some form 4's and form 20's, so my name is sprinkled all over federal, state and local databases. Submitting this one more piece of paper won't destroy my, uh, "anonymity" with the man.

As outlandish as enforcement of this law beyond all rational boundaries may be, I did what I can do to stay ahead of it until a successful test case takes it down. That is a terrible arena to play in.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I am sure the antis who wrote these laws are laughing their asses off at folks here arguing with each other and us scrambling to do what we think is write and writing the atf for a year of freedom so the case can go to trial and all the while those same antis are taking notes and planning how to fvck us next session and ban more stuff and to adjust this shyte law to make it do as much damage to us as possible

We are worrying about the fvckin we got last year and the next sessions halfway here and the antis are right now figuring on what to jam in dry and exactly where to jam it

Md politics are just shyte awful

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    FYI: My application was mailed on Saturday, certified and return receipt. Delivery is expected today by 8PM. When i tracked the number it has not been marked as delivered yet. I mailed to the 20226 address.

Tracking page shows that the application has still not been delivered. Now expected by 8PM today.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I just mailed mine today along with my wife's. Certified. I told the girl at the post office that zip code may not show up on their system. She said, "it will. I have handled a lot of these letters to the ATF today for some reason." I gave her a brief rundown. I said that she can expect many more before October 1. So that is good news in my eyes. It shows that the ATF is going to get SLAMMED with mail from all over the state of Maryland. I do not necessarily expect a return receipt shortly after my delivered date, that's for sure.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I just mailed mine today along with my wife's. Certified. I told the girl at the post office that zip code may not show up on their system. She said, "it will. I have handled a lot of these letters to the ATF today for some reason." I gave her a brief rundown. I said that she can expect many more before October 1. So that is good news in my eyes. It shows that the ATF is going to get SLAMMED with mail from all over the state of Maryland. I do not necessarily expect a return receipt shortly after my delivered date, that's for sure.
    :thumbsup:

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

Warms my heart to hear that.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I've submitted enough 4473's, 77R's and even some form 4's and form 20's, so my name is sprinkled all over federal, state and local databases. Submitting this one more piece of paper won't destroy my, uh, "anonymity" with the man.

That is a terrible arena to play in.

Yep - also numerous Form 4's along with paperwork for non-NFA firearms, Wear and Carry in Maryland, non-resident PA and Utah. The MAN knows all about me and I have to tell him every time I move to another state or take my toys to a shoot someplace else.

Thing is, I also know a number of LEOs who think this legislation is as equally odorous as do I. It stinks. No other way to define it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I’m sure the Judge’s opinion was not in Frosh’s or the MGA’s plan to basically make them illegal effective Oct 1. Getting a year’s reprieve because of the Judge wasn’t in their plan.

Given that most if not all of us are in some state or Federal database as gun owners, I see no downside to sending the letter and giving us some breathing room while the case is litigated.

Anything that gives Frosh heartburn is a good thing in my book.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    For those keeping track: I sent the letter using priority mail with signature confirmation. Spared me a trip to the PO. The USPS database insisted on "standardizing" mail to that street address to the zip code in their system (20002), and would not allow it to be sent to the zip code provided by ATF. Tracked the letter today, and of course ... non deliverable to the indicated address. But neither have they shown it on the way back to me, so it's possible a USPS human will resolve the matter and get it where it's going, since the agency name and street address are correct. But you just KNOW the first thing they'll do is look it up in their own database, and get the same results I got when printing the label. So, we'll see what happens.

Attachments

• undeliverable.jpg
      undeliverable.jpg
      17.3 KB · Views: 568

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom