39°43′19.92216″ N
    Hours
    Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
    Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
    Admission
    General: $8.00
    Children 11 & under: Free
    Parking is Free

The Tri-County York Gun Show will be held next on Jun 29th-30th, 2019 with additional shows on Oct 26th-27th, 2019, and Dec 28th-29th, 2019 in York, PA. This York gun show is held at York Fairgrounds and hosted by Appalachian Promotions. All federal, state and local firearm ordinances and laws must be obeyed.

Promoter
    Appalachian Promotions
    Appalachian Promotions
    Phone: (717) 697-3088
    Email: apppromotions@aol.com
    http://www.thegunshows.com

Memorial Hall
    334 Carlisle Ave
    York, PA 17404
    Vendor
    1000 Tables

Dealer Setup:
    Friday 12:00pm - 8:00pm
    Saturday 7:00 - 9:00am
    Sunday 8:00am - 9:00am

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I plan on going there tomorrow, I think it is the best show within 1-1/2 hour drive for me. I haven't been to Oaks yet, but that is close to a 3 hour drive for me.
    I think that it is better than Chantilly, for the price of admission and SCSGS is there to do transfers for a reasonable price for members in central MD.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    What is the price of admission? I need to pick up some mags..

Edit...I can't read clearly states $8

jr355

Apr 21, 2014
    Fullerton md
    It's a nice show, can't compare to Oaks in size but the basics are there and the people are friendly for the most part. And it is the closest non-Maryland show to Baltimore area. And this weekend on the way back swing by the fireworks stores in Schrewsbury for the 4rth!

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    I've always liked this show. The family & I usually find something neat and/or must-have. Before 10 a.m., we've always had to stand in line. The last thing for me (I think) was a scabbard for the Mosin-Nagant bayonet that my son bought for me. We've always come home with ammo (and we're frugal about buying it). I'm really sad that I can't go tomorrow (previous commitment-husbandly duty). Probably won't go Sunday, either: unexpected vet bills among other things tapped us out. I won't be able to go to the October show either. By December, I may have saved up a bit (hopefully).

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Any recon on the zhow?

Well, I got an original magazine for the MP44, a cut-down Stevens 311 shotgun, and various weights of .45 bullets for use with Autorim cases in my cut Webley revolvers.

I'm thinking it was a worthwhile trip. :thumbsup:

On the other hand, SCSG told me it was a little slow. :tdown:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    We had to kind of hustle through due to scheduling conflicts. One vendor had LOTS of powder...didn't check prices though. Overall, a fair amount of reloading stuff. There was some junk (jerky, pickles, those chemical heating pads), but there always is. Plenty of standard capacity mags. SKS's ran about $400+ Mosin Nagants...well, there were some good ones and then we saw a crate of rusty ones. At first, I thought it was cosmoline, but looked a little closer to see that it was indeed pitting all over the safety, receiver, sights, etc. I don't remember the exact asking price, but it started with $3__ :eek:!

I saw more Ishapore 2A's today than I hade seen together before in my entire life...in better condition than the one I bought last month:rolleyes: There were plenty of Springfields, No.4 Enfields, and lots of Mausers (which I don't know anything about), and a handful of Krags and Trapdoors. About the only milsurp I didn't see was a run of the mill SMLE, which I'm looking for. There was one in .22 that was very interesting...but way out of my price range.

This is typically one of my favorite shows, and I wasn't disappointed. I only bought a couple of mags, but I know for a fact that SCSG has one less K31 to haul home:innocent0. (I'll let her brag about it herself ;) ) I'm willing to bet he won't be carrying home the Garand he had for $1050 either.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I tossed around going and am on the fence for tomorrow. Don't need to be tempted to spend any more money given my recent Kailash blade order and K98 and 1903 purchase. That said I am looking for some more standard capacity colt mags just to go with my recent 90s vintage HBAR purchase. Gotta be historically correct.

York in general has always been good to me but I always end up walking out with something substantial.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Although still recovering from yesterdays's disastrous yard sale (in 100 degree heat), I borrowed the yard sale change money (100 $1.00 bills) and went to the show. :o It was a nice show. Wasn't crowded. Saw some deals in firearms (couldn't afford any) and some on ammo. I cruised the show twice to save a buck on a box of 500 Thunderbolts, but heading out, some stinker had lowered his price, so I still paid a dollar more (that could be a Mickey D sausage burrito). :rolleyes: People were buying guns, probably Pennsylvanians, although South Carroll was there to do transfers. He spilled the beans on my daughter-in-law buying that Swiss rifle yesterday. I should have bought some nice ASC mags from him for $7-8.00, but I don't have an AR. :innocent0 I bought some parts & accessories that I'll probably never use. It was nice seeing all the things & talking with the people. There were a number of dogs (including a beautiful Brindle Great Dane). Next time I'll be taking some Milk Bones along with more money.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Went Saturday, and hadn't planned on buying much. I needed an M1 carbine sling and oiler. I bought that from EC Depot, along with a spring kit. I was looking for maybe some standard capacity mags, or ammo, if the prices were right. I wound up walking out with a K-31 from South Carroll, and a K-11 from a PA dealer. The K-11 started life as a 99/00 short rifle. Both look great and were good prices. They'll go well with my IG 1911. Never did buy any mags or ammo.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Although still recovering from yesterdays's disastrous yard sale (in 100 degree heat), I borrowed the yard sale change money (100 $1.00 bills) and went to the show. :o It was a nice show. Wasn't crowded. Saw some deals in firearms (couldn't afford any) and some on ammo. I cruised the show twice to save a buck on a box of 500 Thunderbolts, but heading out, some stinker had lowered his price, so I still paid a dollar more (that could be a Mickey D sausage burrito). :rolleyes: People were buying guns, probably Pennsylvanians, although South Carroll was there to do transfers. He spilled the beans on my daughter-in-law buying that Swiss rifle yesterday. I should have bought some nice ASC mags from him for $7-8.00, but I don't have an AR. :innocent0 I bought some parts & accessories that I'll probably never use. It was nice seeing all the things & talking with the people. There were a number of dogs (including a beautiful Brindle Great Dane). Next time I'll be taking some Milk Bones along with more money.

I'd have gone again with you. :shrug: Katie used up all our time buying her rifles Saturday; I'm sure there was something I missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom