• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pay2Play

Jul 3, 2008
    Gambrills
    So for those optimist such as myself that thinks we will becoming Shall Issue sooner than later, what do you plan to carry?

I don't currently own anything that would be suitable and have a few things in mind. Was originally thinking about a Sig 1911, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable with carrying a SAO weapon cocked with one in the chamber. I think I would prefer either a DAO (like a XDm) as my first choice or DA/SA as my second choice.

Just wondering what everybody has in mind?

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I was actually thinking just this. I'd probably drop the 300 for a pf9. I have no reason to buy a mini pistol until I can carry, though. Just bought a new pistol anyway, so it'd give me another month to contemplate.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    carry guns.jpg

attachment-8.jpeg

m&p on the bricks.jpg

252919_682345402561_38000696_35813782_6348883_n.jpg

depends on the weather. Next pay day I should have an apex dcaek for the m&p and a nice crossbreed supertuck to go along with it. I'm planning on that being my primary carry gun, the pf9 for when im in a speedo, and the p99 for winter under a jacket.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Most of the time, I carry my M&P .45, there are times I carry a classic - Browning Hi-Power 9mm, but for the most part the M&P is my go to, especially since I usually carry a few extra mags for it.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    How do you like the pf9?

If i had to do it again, i'd probably save more for a kahr. the cm9 and pm9 have a lower bore axis and have less felt recoil. The pm9's polygonal rifling gives the most velocity for the barrel length.

I like my pf9, but there are issues worth noting. It's hard to be accurate because the trigger is not very good. It is long and fairly heavy(good for something that might be pocket carried), but has about 1/3" overtravel after the break that throws shots off. A pencil erasor glued behind the trigger helps, but will eventually fly off. Epoxying a nub back there and filing down would be more durable for a trigger stop.

The pf9 to get is definately the hard chromed one. the factory black finishes suck fairly bad and will pit with rust. Floor wax or eezox helps bigtime, but you don't have to really worry about it at all on the hard chrome ones. The other thing to keep in mind is they're sensitive to limp-wristing. If i shoot mine with a solid wrist, it cycles everything just fine. After 100 or so shots, my hand is pretty abused and it'll start failing to feed the next round from the magazine because of my wrist slackening up. It'll eject the spent brass, but not cycle far enough back to feed the next shot. It isn't as frequent with hotter defense loads as with crappy underpowered target ammo.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    smokey - I'll have to pick your brain later once that apex kit is in your M&P, it's something I've been considering for mine.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    smokey - I'll have to pick your brain later once that apex kit is in your M&P, it's something I've been considering for mine.

Sounds good. When i'm not sick anymore, i plan on swinging over to gunconnection and getting one thrown in. If you want, we can meet at a range after so you can toss some shots through it. I'll try to remember to PM you after i get it fixed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom