• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Alloy-frame .45 - Good in theory, bad in practice.

Like a super-model, looks good, but too thin in critical areas, and can't handle a good load. :innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Only stainless piece for me is my 629 N-Framed .357, think it's a 629 anyways..

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Generally people dont listen to experience based advice. They buy what they want then complain about the results.

If I has a dollar for every time I said "I told you so", I would be a millionare.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    that, and all the probing jokes, etc. that you have handled magnificently. :thumbsup:

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    If its the gun -wouldnt S&W cover the repairs being the lifetime warranty? If its ammo - does Remington eat that one? Just curious on that one.

I love Remington rifles- but there ammo sucks big time. Seems like there ammo has gone to pot. There bulk rimfire ammo is junk - lots of fail to fire with them.

Ive heard alot of issues with Winchester white box ammo 45ACP on other forums. Seems like the only way to get good ammo is to roll your own these days.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Stainless looks good, but in a practical, exposed finish sense, I'll pass. My S&W doesn't come out on bright days anymore, glare from the sun is a bitch.

I still kick myself, had a chance to pick-up a genuine WW2 Colt 1911, unmolested, but got beaten to it by maybe an hour.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    If its the gun -wouldnt S&W cover the repairs being the lifetime warranty? If its ammo - does Remington eat that one? Just curious on that one.

I love Remington rifles- but there ammo sucks big time. Seems like there ammo has gone to pot. There bulk rimfire ammo is junk - lots of fail to fire with them.

Ive heard alot of issues with Winchester white box ammo 45ACP on other forums. Seems like the only way to get good ammo is to roll your own these days.

Remington and S&W will play the blame game. Ive seen it before. Its always easier to get a gun manufacturer to replace a gun than get an ammo manufacturer to pay for a gun replacement. Especially since no one was hurt.

lll do an eval and write a report. The report will let the owner know who to persue first.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That had to been a scary ordeal. Glad to hear no one got hurt. Im curious to see the pics on it.

+1 I've got to see the carnage... I like a good train-wreck...

Ill have them up tomorrow. I have some pics now but they suck and I cant edit with what I have with me.

Ill take some new pictures, edit them, put them on photobucket and post them here tomorrow morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom