• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    1st shot - S&W 357 Magnum
    1st owned - Glock 22 that I won at a Friends of the NRA dinner.

Shot Glocks before and I always wanted to own one due to their ruggedness and reliability.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    technically my first purchase was a Raven (or was it a Davis) .25 based solely on price. Piece of crap, quickly traded up for a Single action Bersa .22 semi-auto. It was a good deal for a poor college student. Solidly built, very reliable and at least as accurate as I was. I wish I never sold it!!

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    My first handgun was a Glock 21, and she's still my home defense pistol of choice. It's comforting to have 13 +1 rounds of 45 ACP and Glock reliability.

The handgun I shoot most often and always comes along to the range with me is my Browning Buckmark.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    My first handgun is a .45 Kimber Custom CDP II. Just purchased yesterday and waiting on the paperwork now. Hopefully I'll be shooting it next tuesday evening.

ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    First shot was either my brothers sig p229 or fathers p226. Love the way those guns shoot, and my first purchase was a sig sp2022. Still getting used to the light weight of the polymer framed 2022. All 3 guns shoot well, but I will say that the most fun gun I've shot is a beretta 96. Has a good weight to it, and is fun to shoot for a .40 cal.

The next gun I'm going to buy is either going to be some sort of sig 9mm, a beretta 92fs, or a 1911. Hard to decide.

JRBENJR

Jan 5, 2011
    Odenton, MD
    My first handgun was a Army Model Colt M1917 .45 cal. revolver. I bought it when I was 16 from a guy I worked with who inherited it from his father. Years later my ex-wife sold it for $100 when I was on deployment because she said she didn't want a gun in the house. :mad54:

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    1st shot Great uncles S&W mod 10 .38 special, now mine.

1st owned Ruger MKII 4" stainless, still my favorite .22.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    My first handgun is a .45 Kimber Custom CDP II. Just purchased yesterday and waiting on the paperwork now. Hopefully I'll be shooting it next tuesday evening.

Congrats!

Some people bash Kimber for problems, that has not been my experience at all. The Kimber .45 I shoot runs flawlessly and aside from the price of ammo is my fav to shoot.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Thanks. Hopefully that's the experience I get too. Just gotta get past the anxiety of the waiting period now. Like a kid opening a candy bar but not able to eat it yet... pure torture.

regularfunk

Mar 18, 2008
    MD
    First shot: M9 - military training
    First bought: Springfield XD-M 40 and currently the only firearm I own. Plan on adding a lot more so I need to be careful not to have a boating accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom