• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I personally am not that big of a fan of the 40, but I wouldn't say thee is anything wrong with it.

Pretty much all handgun calibers are piss poor performers in regards to, I hate to use the phrase, stopping power.

There are exceptions to that such as a true 10mm load and 44mag. But in practical carry guns you don't find them all that much.

I say pick what works for you and learn to shoot it. Remember, only hits count.

You are so politically correct. hats off to you sir.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    not going to get a good answer on this board about the .40, 'cuz it's gay ...

as you already can tell the expansion of the 40 over the 9mm is neglitable but the expansion of the 45 over the fortay will be the difference between using one shot or an entire magazine ....

I had a Ruger P90 in 45 and wanted more capacity. A Glock 21 was too large for my hands so I ended up with a G22 in 1995. 15 rounds of .40SW in a G22 is ALWAYS superior to 7 or 8 rounds of .45ACP in whatever frame ... :D

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I'm waiting on Clandestine to comment on the 40SW.

all I can say is that If it is not fit for Military service (USCG is excempt due to they have to work with DHS which is openly gay), its either gay or something wrong with it.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    not going to get a good answer on this board about the .40, 'cuz it's gay ...

as you already can tell the expansion of the 40 over the 9mm is neglitable but the expansion of the 45 over the fortay will be the difference between using one shot or an entire magazine ....

I had a Ruger P90 in 45 and wanted more capacity. A Glock 21 was too large for my hands so I ended up with a G22 in 1995. 15 rounds of .40SW in a G22 is ALWAYS superior to 7 or 8 rounds of .45ACP in whatever frame ... :D
    If you need more than 7 or 8 rounds, you need to head to the range for some practice. ;)

JC308

Aug 14, 2009
    White Marsh
    The new York PD is has quite a few high profile incidents in which they had to shoot criminals with dozens of roundss to stop the threats. Don't they carry 9mm's also don't European countries carry the 9mm? My motto is carry the biggest caliber you can handle. Mabye it's me, but shooting 9mm is boring, 22's can be effective too, but I'm not using it as a carry round. This 9 vs 40 debate is played out, we all should carry 45's and act like real Americans. If you could carry and shoot 40 and 9mm equally well at self defense distance what should you pick? All Europeans need not answer. (flame suit on). How is the 40 a gay round when folks are admitting they can't handle the snap to be effective within 25 feet? Think about who sounds gay?

Nice one:innocent0

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Crap. I just bought a PX4 in .40. I can already feel my testicles ascending.

I have no HG experience though. Maybe 50 rounds in 9mm and 50 in .45ACP. Frankly, I shoot better with the .45. Went with .40 over .45 because of ammo prices primarily. I use my shotty for HD so I'm not as pressed about "stopping power"

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Full disclosure, I like .45. I own a 9mm and am quicker double tapping with it than the .45, but I still like .45.

.40 is a different recoil to me. It's a "snap" rather than the "push" of the .45. 9mm is a snap too, just not as "violent". I can't do follow up shots as effectively with .40.

.40 penetrates windshields and car doors better than 9mm and .45 with less deflection. Police like that, it fits what they might have to do in their line of duty. They also like the capacity over a .45.

Part of the reason I like .45 is that it has less tendency to over penetrate and for self defense, I probably won't have to shoot through barriers to hit the bad guy. .45 is big and slow like me :).

I like the capacity of .40, but I can have 10+1 rounds of .45 goodness if I want it. I can double tap faster with 9mm than .45 though so I don't feel outgunned with a 9mm either.

So to me, the "problem" with .40 is snappy recoil and over penetration compared to the other rounds.

I shot a GREAT .40 today though, very accurate. If was still too snappy for my tastes.

Splitter

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    the only non- gay 40 caliber pistol load is called "10mm AUTO"

Other gay rounds are:
    41 AE ( Gays that serve in the IDF get this as a sidearm)
    45 GAP ( this is the gay-est thing Glock ever did, Peer pressure from SIG and SW)( Lou 45 states that it is a LESBIAN round)
    380 ACP ( as if the 9mm is overpowered)
    25 ACP ( Piss off your attacker round)
    32 ACP ( Most likely that you are awaiting sexual reassignment surgery)

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Its a gay round.

It is between a 9mm and a 45. The Military never adopted it.( because it is openly gay) It is a toned down 10mm designed for limpwristed shooters who cant handle recoil or muzzle blast.
    It starts out supersonic, then quickly drops to transonic, then subsonic. It is prone to bullet flutter and screwed up accuracy. It presents itself as a big bore, but act like a 22LR.

It is the epitome of the word " compromise"

It has a big LESBIAN sister called the 45GAP....LOL

Fixed it for ya':lol2:

FreeState

Ultimate Member
    Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    Its a gay round. It is between a 9mm and a 45. The Military never adopted it.( because it is openly gay) It is a toned down 10mm designed for limpwristed shooters who cant handle recoil or muzzle blast.
    It starts out supersonic, then quickly drops to transonic, then subsonic. It is prone to bullet flutter and screwed up accuracy. It presents itself as a big bore, but act like a 22LR.

It is the epitome of the word " compromise"

It has a big sister called the 45GAP....LOL

If I need to draw my G23; my target will probably be less than 15 feet away. So, I am not concerned about supersonic, transonic, subsonic or Sonic the Hedgehog (who is openly gay).

Vendicator

Nov 5, 2010
    I prefer 9mm and .45 - I shoot a heck of a lot better than with a .40

If you feel comfortable with a .40, and can shoot a .40 best, then go for it. A "gay" .40 that saves your life, is better than a 9mm or .45 that doesn't save your life.

It is like fighting. I don't care if you have to take down your assailant by hitting them with a rolling pin, it does not make you less of a man.

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    even the sound the 40SW makes is gay:

9x19= Bang! Pow or pop

40 SW= Bop,,, Suppressed= Tweeessshhh

45ACP= Blam!

10mm AUTO= KaBlam!

That is hilarious. I do prefer my .45 over my .40 but it is in no way gay. It is all about preference. Shoot what suits you, not what suits other people. ;)

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Full disclosure, I like .45. I own a 9mm and am quicker double tapping with it than the .45, but I still like .45.

.40 is a different recoil to me. It's a "snap" rather than the "push" of the .45. 9mm is a snap too, just not as "violent". I can't do follow up shots as effectively with .40.

.40 penetrates windshields and car doors better than 9mm and .45 with less deflection. Police like that, it fits what they might have to do in their line of duty. They also like the capacity over a .45.

Part of the reason I like .45 is that it has less tendency to over penetrate and for self defense, I probably won't have to shoot through barriers to hit the bad guy. .45 is big and slow like me :).

I like the capacity of .40, but I can have 10+1 rounds of .45 goodness if I want it. I can double tap faster with 9mm than .45 though so I don't feel outgunned with a 9mm either.

So to me, the "problem" with .40 is snappy recoil and over penetration compared to the other rounds.

I shot a GREAT .40 today though, very accurate. If was still too snappy for my tastes.

Splitter

You must be making reference of "Psycho's" issued duty sidearm, a Beretta PX4 Storm. I shoot anything as long as it is safe and has some sort of recoil at least equivalent to that of 9mm with one exception; if it is a 1911 type, it MUST BE .45ACP and NOTHING ELSE as that would be REALLY GHEY!!! With all the shooting of various handgun calibers I've done through the decades, I enjoy the .45 best and haven't experienced shooting a 45 caliber handgun that I didn't like (bear in mind, I don't shoot things such as lowpoint). Actually shot a, uuggghhh, er, um, Taurus PT145 today (did I actually say that? You know, the Taurus word) and well, can say I liked it and it didn't jam, break, or fall apart in my hands; Splitter, that's one to hang on to. Go ahead and call me ghey, but I enjoyed shooting "Officer Psycho's" former duty sidearm, a .40 short & wimpy. Chad, I know that I've temporarily turned to the "Dark Side", are you going to pull my "Man Card" for this?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom