• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

FreeState

Ultimate Member
    Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    I've noticed numerous people dissing 40 cal ammo. So?? What's wrong with it, already? I will go on record as saying that .40 cal is the perfect semi-automatic carry round. It has more knockdown power than a wimpy 9mm round and is not as destructive and messy as a .45 round.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Its a gay round.

It is between a 9mm and a 45. The Military never adopted it.( because it is openly gay) It is a toned down 10mm designed for limpwristed shooters who cant handle recoil or muzzle blast.
    It starts out supersonic, then quickly drops to transonic, then subsonic. It is prone to bullet flutter and screwed up accuracy. It presents itself as a big bore, but act like a 22LR.

It is the epitome of the word " compromise"

It has a big sister called the 45GAP....LOL

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The round is for people who can't make up their minds. lol

With that said, I do have 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP. :)

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Ive looked into this before. My research led me to this conclusion: Modern 9mm is superior. 40 cal is a solution to a question no one asked.

randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    Its a gay round.

It is between a 9mm and a 45. The Military never adopted it.( because it is openly gay) It is a toned down 10mm designed for limpwristed shooters who cant handle recoil or muzzle blast.
    It starts out supersonic, then quickly drops to transonic, then subsonic. It is prone to bullet flutter and screwed up accuracy. It presents itself as a big bore, but act like a 22LR.

It is the epitome of the word " compromise"

It has a big sister called the 45GAP....LOL

Damn! :party29:

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I've noticed numerous people dissing 40 cal ammo. So?? What's wrong with it, already? I will go on record as saying that .40 cal is the perfect semi-automatic carry round. It has more knockdown power than a wimpy 9mm round and is not as destructive and messy as a .45 round.

I think what you're referring to is called a very internet behavoiral suggested ignorant opinion.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    ( quoted from my Navy SEAL friend- currently on active duty somewhere)

The 9mm guys like to double tap. So, targets die a bit slower. But the pain inflicted on badguys is priceless.

( dispensed from MP5 Navy and SIG P226)

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    40 is like a 9mm +P. It has more energy than a standard 9mm, but the hole size is about the same. 9mm +P rounds pretty much give you everything you've got in 40.

I have a Cx4 in 40S&W, just to get something different. Now I wish I had gotten it in 9mm or 45ACP instead. Having to buy a third caliber is a PITA, especially when it's not doing anything special compared to 9mm.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    In addition,

gangsta types refer to it as the FOWTY.... In a Glock fowty. The 40 cal SW is also well known for hitting innocent bystanders and dogs. It the official caliber of cops and robbers.

No military in the world has adopted it. Again because it is such a gay round. 40SW users are not gay. but metrosexual like Ryan Seacrest....LOL

( it goes well with form fitting jeans, shirts, hairgel,spray on tans, abercrombie and pedicures)

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The only real benefit to the 40 S&W is:

When there is a run on ammo, like the Obama-scare. There will be a fair amount of 40 S&W to be found. :lol2:

The only reason why I have that caliber :rofl:

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    Everything is wrong with it. I bought a Glock 23 thinking i would like the "FOWTY":lol:, but realised it wasn't for me. I feel it has to much recoil and is harder to follow up shots with. My next purchase is going to be a 9mm, Sig or H&K most likely!

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    USCG don't count as military?

Don't they carry it as well as the rest of DHS?

USCG does carry it, Sig 229 I think.

I actually really like it as a police service round. It has more energy than a 9mm, better capacity than a .45.

I wonder how many pages this one will go...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom