• Beemer

Sep 12, 2012
    thaks for posting that. nice to have it all condensed in one place

mdjohn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    Harford county
    that ammoland link came up as a virus/malious file in norton/symatec and it was removed from my computer

came in as a .exe file

be careful

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I see a couple of issues in there. The HK USP-C in 9mm will hold 15rd using the larger mags. 12 is what the stock mags hold. They are the same size externally.
    The Walther PPK/S in .380 holds 7+1 not 6, as I have one.
    One really good compact .45 you don't have in there, and I am not sure of current avilability, is the Bul M-5 Ultra-X. A cutdown full size M-5 double stack 1911/2011 in .45. It holds 10+1 rd of .45 in its double stack mag. A used one sold for $730 on GB just recently.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    I see a couple of issues in there. The HK USP-C in 9mm will hold 15rd using the larger mags. 12 is what the stock mags hold. They are the same size externally.
    The Walther PPK/S in .380 holds 7+1 not 6, as I have one.
    One really good compact .45 you don't have in there, and I am not sure of current avilability, is the Bul M-5 Ultra-X. A cutdown full size M-5 double stack 1911/2011 in .45. It holds 10+1 rd of .45 in its double stack mag. A used one sold for $730 on GB just recently.

The USP Compact in 9mm holds 13 rounds. The USP Compact in .40 and .357 SIG holds 12 rounds. The USP Compact .45 holds 8 rounds. A 10 round mag is available for the USP Compact in 9, .40, and .357.

The USP (full size) in 9mm holds 15 rounds. The USP (full size) in .40 holds 13 rounds. The USP (full size) in .45 holds 12 rounds. A 10 round mag is available for all three sizes (9, .40, and .45). The translucent mags made for the USP (full sized) holds 18 rounds for 9mm and 16 rounds for .40. They are intended to be used with the H&K extended jet funnel and are not advised by H&K for duty usage.

USP Full Size magazines will NOT fit in a USP Compact.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    The USP Compact in 9mm holds 13 rounds. The USP Compact in .40 and .357 SIG holds 12 rounds. The USP Compact .45 holds 8 rounds. A 10 round mag is available for the USP Compact in 9, .40, and .357.

The USP (full size) in 9mm holds 15 rounds. The USP (full size) in .40 holds 13 rounds. The USP (full size) in .45 holds 12 rounds. A 10 round mag is available for all three sizes (9, .40, and .45). The translucent mags made for the USP (full sized) holds 18 rounds for 9mm and 16 rounds for .40. They are intended to be used with the H&K extended jet funnel and are not advised by H&K for duty usage.

USP Full Size magazines will NOT fit in a USP Compact.

Sorry but you are not correct, at least in my case. What I meant by the "larger mags" was the 10 vs 12 rd mags for the Compacts You can use .40/.357Sig mags for the Compact in .40/.357Sig models with 9mm conversion barrels. So it is likely these mags will also work in a regular 9mm compact model although I have not tried specifically. A 10 rd .40 mag holds 12 rds of 9mm and a 12 rd .40 mag holds 15 rounds of 9mm. I have been using these in IDPA for several years and I know what they hold. You are correct that USP full size mags will not work in a Compact. My USP-C is has also been retrofitted with fiber optics sights and I waited a a long time before they became available on the aftermarket.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Compact for CCW

I have a MD CCW and normally carry a S&W MP40 (pre-shield). In the winter I even carry a Colt Commander .45 at times with layers. I am a big fella. Last summer I got tired of having my shorts droop under the weight of the rig. Then I forgot about it until summer comes around again.

Looed at some small compacts but I have big hands and did not care for the feel of them with out a mag extender. In some cases that was not enough to fire the weapon effectively.

Anyone have an advice based on having big hands and a CCW permit?

Thanks in advance.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I have a MD CCW and normally carry a S&W MP40 (pre-shield). In the winter I even carry a Colt Commander .45 at times with layers. I am a big fella. Last summer I got tired of having my shorts droop under the weight of the rig. Then I forgot about it until summer comes around again.

Looed at some small compacts but I have big hands and did not care for the feel of them with out a mag extender. In some cases that was not enough to fire the weapon effectively.

Thanks in advance.
    M&p9c with a crimson trace or large backstrap on it.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=198109
    Add a mec gar +2 extension if you want more grip length

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Thanks in advance.

M&p9c with a crimson trace or large backstrap on it.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=198109
    Add a mec gar +2 extension if you want more grip length

Good advice from smokey0118, as usual. :thumbsup:

eodtim, your dilemma is a common one, we all want something light/small enough to carry everyday that is comfortable/concealable but also reasonable enough to be used if necessary in an emergency life/death situation.

The M&P9c is a great gun, a little higher capacity than the Shield, and a lot of folks like the larger grip; I think with the grip extension, this is an ideal gun for you to ccw all year around. Also consider the CZ P-01, and the H&K VP9, I think you'll find the grip of both even better then the M&P's (hard to imagine I know). One gun that you might not like is the Springfield XDs, the grips are really slim, which is great especially for conceal-ability and folks with smaller hands. But a tad harder for some to shoot.

Last word for now, I generally prefer 9mm over 40, especially for ccw, I find some models are slightly lighter, much lower recoil (easier to shoot smaller guns faster and more accurately), holds a couple more rounds, and is cheaper/easier to shoot. Plus, even the police are going back to 9mm (for these reasons and others), so no longer even a debate in my book. Caliber matters little in discussing a good ccw firearm; but best bet for a semiauto is 9mm (followed closely by a .380), .357sig, 40 and 45 are all great too. Anything below .380 is 'special needs' (weak grip, etc.), anything above 45 is probably overkill for us mortals. :D

Your milage may vary (YMMV). :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom