• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Congrats-
    I have GOT to find time and a location to take the certification class. I've had the paperwork for months...
    Anyone know of any classes in/around Annapolis (home) or Alexandria/Springfield (work)?

I don't want to go to NRA HQ, horrible traffic.

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    Congrats-
    I have GOT to find time and a location to take the certification class. I've had the paperwork for months...
    Anyone know of any classes in/around Annapolis (home) or Alexandria/Springfield (work)?

I don't want to go to NRA HQ, horrible traffic.

I just sent a copy of my MSP training certificate (the video).

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Someone mentioned that and the Hunters Safety card (with live fire). I have both, obviously it works. Cool. I will send both to be safe. I work in Va when I'm in town so I could utilize it a lot.

Thanks for the help!!

t3tech

Oct 15, 2007
    Elkton
    I just sent a copy of my MSP training certificate (the video).

From my reading of 790.06, the MSP cert. is sufficient. But the app. instructions and sub-paragraph 7 make it a little more confusing WRT to the new web-based training I think.

I did the new online version back in July.

If you take the MSP training in person is it signed by an 'instructor' or is it just like the card you print out from the online course?

I'm debating sending just the MSP cert.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    From my reading of 790.06, the MSP cert. is sufficient. But the app. instructions and sub-paragraph 7 make it a little more confusing WRT to the new web-based training I think.

I did the new online version back in July.

If you take the MSP training in person is it signed by an 'instructor' or is it just like the card you print out from the online course?

I'm debating sending just the MSP cert.

My card is signed by the store employee that babysat me while watching the video.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    One thing that brings up, I have my Fingerprints done in AUG and I forgot to sumbit the paperwork and i was thinking of doing it now..

I would like to know if it would be void since of the date or it would be okay to sumbit it anyway since i have it with me right now...

if i should make a call, i will do ahead and do that very shortly ...

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    One thing that brings up, I have my Fingerprints done in AUG and I forgot to sumbit the paperwork and i was thinking of doing it now..

I would like to know if it would be void since of the date or it would be okay to sumbit it anyway since i have it with me right now...

I can't recall where I saw this, but I believe the card does expire after a period of time. For the small expense involved, I'd probably just go get current prints.

t3tech

Oct 15, 2007
    Elkton

I'm pretty sure the only thing with a time restriction is the photo within the past 30 days. Unless you use the Live Scan for fingerprinting, there are time restrcitions on that (30 days payment for the scan and 90 days for the app is requested).

You may want to call FL to double check.

I have my app filled out, I just haven't got around to getting photo'ed and printed.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    What fees did you all send in with yours?

(from their website):
    Application Fee: N/A
    Finger Print: $42
    Liscence Fee: $75
    Total Fee: $117

Since we are getting our finger prints done here, do we pay the finger print fee?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom