• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    To add more humor....Baltimore County switching to FNS supposedly. A 5 inch model at that.

Ruger556

Jan 10, 2012
    Central Maryland
    YAY! My world is complete now that this thread has also gone down "that road". :sad20:

Any thread here that has the words "Law Enforcement" or "LEO" or "Police" or "Cop" draws haters like flies. It doesnt matter whether the comment is relative to the topic.

The thread could be about police vehicles, police pay, the band "The Police" - there always seems to be someone who wants to tell their bad cop story or add some other stupid comment. :tdown:

Ditto....

hitman1415

Nov 26, 2012
    Calvert County SO carries Beretta 96, at least that is what the patrol officers are still issued. However, they have a close relationship with FN and all the SOT members are typically carrying a model by them, .45, 5.7 ... I don't think many of them, if any, carry the 5.7 on a regular basis but they have them none the less.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Calvert County SO carries Beretta 96, at least that is what the patrol officers are still issued. However, they have a close relationship with FN and all the SOT members are typically carrying a model by them, .45, 5.7 ... I don't think many of them, if any, carry the 5.7 on a regular basis but they have them none the less.

They're supposedly in process of retiring the 96's, was talking with a deputy the other day about it.

No clear mention of what is the replacement.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I have a friend in the academy down there, he said they were going to Glocks.

Only way to be sure is to wait and see IMO.

Can never always trust what you hear thru the grapevine, shyt happens and plans change. :)

*Although I do have to admit, it was a bit of a throwback seeing that deputy with a 96 in his holster, they were/are good guns, but I guess it's time to put that one to bed.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Intestesting, having working with MSP regularly, I have yet to see a Trooper with a Glock.

Sent via Samsung Galaxy 3 or iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

The transition from the PX4 Storm happened in summer 2012. Almost positive everyone had them by the beginning of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom