• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    We ahve a couple double stands we use and I have to say, I can't find a good mod to use these damn things for very long. Its just a hard metal seat and pads haven't helped. I was considering fabing three L's on an angle from square stock and welding them in for the seat and back. Then covering the seata nd back lengthwise with that mesh outdoor fabric. but at $14 a yard, Probably need two per stand, plus metal and paint, I am loosing that urge and looking for other solutions.

Anyone tried mounting a stadium chair on one? Or something else?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I borrow Mrs Inigoes gardening pads to sit on. Sometimes, I forget to put it back, because I keep it with my hunting gear :o

s-l1000.jpg

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    I am actually looking at this chair. Maybe hook it on the front of the seat and bungee to the back. Not sure how it will holdup left in the weather extened from August to early February. Maybe make a plastic cover for it when not being hunted.

10210_1.jpg

I think that pad is not much better than i have tried.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I have a gorilla tree stand that has pretty thick pads and another I bought 2nd hand that has a real thin pad. I'll take the thicker pad if I'm hunting out of the other stand. You can get some upholstery cushion foam and make your own.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    Sometimes Walmart has a large selection of pads in the garden section. Some of them are stiff enough to cover the rough metal of the stand and you not feel it. Like others said, maybe double them up.

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    OK, Trying to be clear, the foam sucks! I bought a thin pad and thick pad years back at Dicks and they didn't help much. Bought those hot seats and my ass still hurts. On the Field and stream webbing hang on's I have , its perfect.

I am looking for a chair addition like I posted or modification someone else made. I am trying to skip the modifications as i think I am over engineering the problem, as I have a proclivity to do.

SO, pad BAD! (Hulk says) Looking for other options and ideas. :D

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Can't remember the name, but there's a company that makes a round, foam stuffed, seat.

It's billed as a warmer type seat. Very comfortable. Has a web strap carry handle.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    As a substitute for that mesh outdoor fabric buy a roll of heavy duty pet proof screen(nylon) I have made recumbent bike seats from it and it very strong and lasts a long time

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    Can't remember the name, but there's a company that makes a round, foam stuffed, seat.

It's billed as a warmer type seat. Very comfortable. Has a web strap carry handle.

Been using one like this for years. I use a carabiner through the carry strap to hook it to a belt loop or backpack loop. Weighs almost nothing.

Attachments

• seat.JPG
      seat.JPG
      29.2 KB · Views: 123

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    I am sure they are, but at $100, I'll be breaking out the welder, buying that fabric and getting some 3/4" 14ga square tubing!

My buddy and I love hunting from our turkey chairs and can sit in one for 4 hours straight without moving. You just can't see in some of these thick areas like you can 15' in the air. We have thought about re-purposing the ladders and making a flat perch with a rail to hook up with your harness and sit in your turkey chair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom