• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    15-25% Off Polymer 80s Frames and Receivers at Midway, got the email today. Includes their new PF45

MrRescuePack

Jul 7, 2019
    Maryland
    Not cost effective

I’m doing the full conceal 80% lower.
    Definitely could buy a glock for that price alone.
    My projected build cost is around 1500.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

As has been stated many times, if cost is the only reason not to build, don't build. There are other reasons to build a Polymer 80

surprisinglyminty

Feb 5, 2013

What size? PF940c/G19? Pf940sc/G26?

Unless you want G17 or a 40 cal equivalent

The 43 equivalent hasn’t been release yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DENWA

May 5, 2008
    Wow!

Could you share a little more about what you are trying to build?

I don't think its possible to run that high and still be comparable to any off the shelf glock...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    As has been stated many times, if cost is the only reason not to build, don't build. There are other reasons to build a Polymer 80

This.

Also with P80 builds, you don’t need to consider is a sub-par gun. You can make a custom gun with all premium parts. It ain’t cheap.

owgriffin

May 15, 2012
    Glock 80% build

Unless you are a whole lot better "machinest" than I am, you need to plan on ruining several of the blanks. Some times you think you got it right only to have the thing break after you start using it.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Unless you are a whole lot better "machinest" than I am, you need to plan on ruining several of the blanks. Some times you think you got it right only to have the thing break after you start using it.

Broke frames? I've "heard" they are wasy to do, barrel channel is the hardest.

toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    I have ran almost 1000 rounds though mine. I used all Glock parts for the most part and shopped around for deals for around $500. During July 4th there we complete kits for $400.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

How did you ruin frames?

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    How did you ruin frames?

Yea this. If I had any 80% Glocks, I would have test fired them with at least 300 rounds, then strip and clean. If I did do that, I don't think I would have any failures. That's because if I built one or two to 3 or 4, I would have taken my time and done it properly. If had one of these, I would have put another 500 rounds as a reliability test. I don't think I would have any "broken" frames.

PYR

Feb 17, 2018
    Many rounds through many builds with no real issues, sometimes the rails are out of spec, needing some attention but other then that all the issues are builder error. With that said what is easy for one is not easy for others.

surprisinglyminty

Feb 5, 2013
    Yes it has. It's called the SS80. The Glock Store released them quite a while ago.

Ss80 is glockstores main competitor for the G43/43X/48 market

POLYMER80 hasn’t released their subcompact single stack 9x19 yet. There was a photo posted but my friends that are supplier have not been given a shipment date yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Although I will say this, even if the complete frames weren't subject to the 77R and HQL - I'd still pass for 2 reasons.

1 - 80% frames are more about learning. I've had fun learning how to make these run well, and how to screw them up.

2 - I actually prefer the grip angle and some of the other ergo's over the Glock frames.

If 80%'s were really about building 'ghost' or 'drop' guns, there wouldn't be so much traffic about them being posted. There's a variety of reasons why people choose to go this route, but one of them is the fact that some people have this natural curiosity with seeing just how things work, and the best way to satisfy that is to build it yourself.
    I believe California is the biggest market for the P80s, a new color combination is treated as if it is a new ground up pistol design with intense testing and new standards for compliance every year. Not like MD where the roster is if it will kill you trying to shoot it. So out there, anyone who wants a non-black or OD color or doesn't want to buy components twice or mill/cut to remake a factory pistol into their desired form is stuck going custom, unless they can find a LEO selling his used guns.

Right now, for the Glock 19 family, CA can purchase:
    Black 19, OD 19, black 19C, no Gen4 or Gen5, not made in USA.

No Glocks higher than model 39 have been approved. No 19X either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom