May 5, 2008
    Is there a better deal out there?

As of today 2/4/17

Midway USA

Spectre 80 lower ( $120) + 4 17rd MAGpul Magazines($48) + Shipping = $175

GunBroker

G17 Gen 3 Upper + lower parts kit + Shipping = $470

=$645 total

Yes. I know its cheaper to buy one new, but not by much. Especially if you have to add Tax + Check Fee+ FFL transfer etc.

DENWA

May 5, 2008
    Video posted by Glockstore says they have customers with 5-6k round thru the Spectre.

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    LOL, can not receive those 17 rnd mags in MD

IF you want money savings, then 80% is NOT the way to go. Built two so far, thinking about a third with the mechtech CCU for PCC division.

Between small parts (upper and lower), slide, barrel... you are spending above what a new one would cost. You can shop around and find deals and maybe put it together for less then new; but its going to take awhile. I waited over 9months for the cost of slides to come back down to earth, finally fell upon two deals and jumped on them for completed slides.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Brownells has them on sale for $120 right now.

For a parts kit, it would be cheaper to find someone selling a full Glock out of state and pay them to destroy the frame and just send you the parts (or they can keep it for a gun buyback).

I want one but until they come with metal rear rails I will just sit tight.

The Glock 19 one has steel rear rails. I'm debating pre-ordering one since they're $121 on Brownells with a dealer account.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Brownells has them on sale for $120 right now.

For a parts kit, it would be cheaper to find someone selling a full Glock out of state and pay them to destroy the frame and just send you the parts (or they can keep it for a gun buyback).

The Glock 19 one has steel rear rails. I'm debating pre-ordering one since they're $121 on Brownells with a dealer account.
    they can be pre ordered? Ahhh good to know.

callidus

May 21, 2013
    Maryland
    I picked up the same lower for $99 from Midway during a sale last year. Still haven't built it out.

Magpul mags are the easiest way to go (can be purchased out of state, cheaper than Glock factory mags and work really well). The slide is really the expensive part. You can find barrels from Lone Wolf, PSA, etc. on sale for $99.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

For real? That's awesome, I might actually get one if that's true. I wonder how much of a PITA it is to mill?

Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    The real issue is that everyone selling the Slides are asking WAY TOO much for them knowing that people are making the 80%.

Ebay is selling the hell out of them.
    $ 500 - 700 just for factory slides, spring and barrel.

CRAZY :lol2:

I get it, I understand why. But, damn.

:mad54:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The real issue is that everyone selling the Slides are asking WAY TOO much for them knowing that people are making the 80%.

Fvck me..., well that's what they'd be trying to do if I wanted to build my own and was buying from them.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    For real? That's awesome, I might actually get one if that's true. I wonder how much of a PITA it is to mill?

It looks to be simpler than the Glock 17 ones. Since it has the insert, you don't have to cut the rear rails out of plastic. The dust cover also isn't extra tall, so you shouldn't have to mill that flat. Looks like you just have to grind flat those walls that keep you from dropping in the locking block and rear rail insert, grind out the little wall that keeps you from seating the barrel and recoil spring, and drill the holes.

They have some videos on their Facebook page that show the rear rail insert. I'll get some stainless steel pins made by SquirrelDaddy so that the rear rail is pinned to the frame with steel. Also, the drill bits they include are undersized compared to the metric holes on a real Glock, so while I'll try to ream out the holes with drill bits, the stainless pins won't get damaged if I had to beat them into the frame.
    https://www.facebook.com/Polymer80Inc/

Find someone selling a Gen 3 Glock with three standard mags in VA for $400-450 and ask to buy all of the parts at the price of a full gun, but tell them to keep the frame. It's cheaper than buying a parted out gun from a retailer and you get the mags.

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    Polymer80 has a booth at Outdoor Show in Harrisburg. Anybody stop by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swierczekml

Apr 19, 2011
    Built two so far, thinking about a third with the mechtech CCU for PCC division.

The mechtech upper works great on the polymer 80 lower. Shot several matches with it, no hiccups whatsoever. And you don't have to worry about the plastic rails wearing out since there's no sliding contact in that area with the mechtech.

Attachments

• IMG_6381.jpg
      IMG_6381.jpg
      157.5 KB · Views: 6,407

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    When you guys build your own pistol, do you have to make up your own serial number and put it on it?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    When you guys build your own pistol, do you have to make up your own serial number and put it on it?

Serial number is not required as long as you retain the gun for personal use. If you ever sell or otherwise transfer it, it must have a serial number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom